Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

What a bizarre thing to say.

Can only speak for myself but I'm bloody delighted my team has won a game of football.

Whether it papers over cracks long term is a different issue but today I'm buzzing with the win and that's the bottom line.

Ignore the haterz. Happy Christmas Geoff!

3 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Reminds me of Arsenal last spring or the Man City Vardy hatrick game. A shock result from nowhere when we seem to be in freefall.

This narrative of freefall is baffling. 

Lose 1-0 and 2-0, don’t go to the semi-finals of the League Cup and somehow the sky is falling. 

Edited by UPinCarolina

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

This narrative of freefall is baffling. 

Lose 1-0 and 2-0, don’t go to the semi-finals of the League Cup and somehow the sky is falling. 

Since October 1st not counting today:

League: Played: 10. 2 wins (watford, cardiff) 4 draws ( West Ham, Burnley, Brighton, fulham) 4 losses ( Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, Palace). 10 points from 10 games is relegation form while only playing 2 top 6 clubs. 8 goals scored in 10 games. 6 opponents in bottom 9.

Cup: 1 penalty win, 1 penalty loss. Or as Puel calls them lotteries. 1 goal scored in regulation total.

My verdict: dire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the messenger said:

One result don’t make a season.

Still Puel out for me.

If we can string results like this consistently then I could change my mind.

You’re right league position defines your season, 9th ain’t bad with our squad.

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Wouldn't really class second hand opinions inside the football club as firm evidence, John. Speculation is entirely the correct word to use.

It's certainly not any kind of proof. There's no way whatsoever for himself or the reader to verify if everything is coming through his "source".

Also, seems like he's deleted it.

Edited by Beechey

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I say this taking as little away from Puel as I can, without sounding like i'm slagging him off (And i'm not, I'm simply debating where that performance came from?!) but that game and by the sound of it (because I only listened to it) doesn't seem anything remotely like a Puel performance, it goes against pretty much everything he's done in the 12 months, as was the Sevilla game when Ranieri was here.

It always seems whenever our backs are against the wall and manager seems up against it.

It certainly doesn't look like the narrative some on here have been running the last 24 hours against the players, accusing them of being against the manager or snakes, what I might say is it almost seems as if the players have took care of it themselves though, not necessarily against Puel but to show him what they can do.

But i've asked for flexibility in how we play, in our style, I got that today, what I need to see is that on a regular basis.

What does concern me is, that something was said to me after Tuesday's game that 'You still want Puel gone after a good 45 minutes', well, yes, i'm not that fickle to flip and flop like that, I can count on one hand the excitement in 12 months under him, even today, that changes little, unless I see it regular and consistanly, however it seems people are that fickle to flip and flop - That always goes regarding people's views on the players, the last 24 hours the amount of stick and accusations against them...wow.

Funny how they take it upson themselves every time we play alright and then it's Puel when we play shit. Perhaps you should ask the them to take it upon themselves a bit more often eh.

Taking little away away from him... unreal.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Funny how they take it upson themselves every time we play alright and then it's Puel when we play shit. Perhaps you should ask the them to take it upon themselves a bit more often eh.

Taking little away away from him... unreal.

Perhaps they should, because for whatever reason its few and far between.

Hopefully this a turning point.

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I was asked to define freefall. Obviously freefall doesn't include today's result, only the leadup to it.

It's not relegation form, because there were teams with worse records for starters. We were one of 9 teams to win just one of their last six. Bournemouth, Everton, Watford had all been in shocking form. Bournemouth had lost something like 7 of 8.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Since October 1st not counting today:

League: Played: 10. 2 wins (watford, cardiff) 4 draws ( West Ham, Burnley, Brighton, fulham) 4 losses ( Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, Palace). 10 points from 10 games is relegation form while only playing 2 top 6 clubs. 8 goals scored in 10 games. 6 opponents in bottom 9.

Cup: 1 penalty win, 1 penalty loss. Or as Puel calls them lotteries. 1 goal scored in regulation total.

My verdict: dire.

I think considering off field events, it far from dire.......

• Like 2