Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Southampton’s just an academy of development for everyone else. Puel did brilliantly to achieve 8th with that horrific squad. Wonder how many of their fans would take him back now? 

48% ?

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Southampton’s just an academy of development for everyone else. Puel did brilliantly to achieve 8th with that horrific squad. Wonder how many of their fans would take him back now? 

None according to all the ones I spoke to at st Mary's a few weeks ago 

13 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

They’d rather be in a relegation scrap than 8th and cup finals? They’re simple down that way I take it? 

To be fair I think if they still had Hughes they might say yes, but under Hassenhutl I think they're optimistic about him given his management in Germany. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

To be fair I think if they still had Hughes they might say yes, but under Hassenhutl I think they're optimistic about him given his management in Germany. 

I don’t know anything about him to be fair but he looks a fruitcake lol 

8 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Surely we are all set for a 352 system now? It is quite blatantly clearly obvious 4231 does not work. 

We have 3 centre halfs in Evans, Maguire and Morgan who are all in good form lately, 2 full backs who love to attack in Chilwell and Ricardo and allowing ourselves to play 2 up top with 1 in behind gives us so much more attacking presence. 

For some reason though Puel has never seemed favourable of a 352. Ultimately, his time will be determined on his stubbornness to change system at home. Home performances have been boring and turgid and say what you like but this is down to Puel and the way he sets us up. The personnel are there, be brave. 

I don't think it's a system he's played per se though he did sort of tactically play it towards the end of a couple of games when Armarty moved inside. For me it's always a system of choice for teams that are not confident in defence. I'd always prefer the extra more mobile midfielder personally who can cover defensively whilst fullbacks push forward and then offer more in certain other situations. 

11 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

I agree. The question isn’t whether they’d want him back. Of course they’ll say no in the same we would say no if we’d sacked him last summer and we were having a tough season now. 

The question is, looking back would you rather have kept Puel and given him another season rather than have Pelligrino and Hughes?

Again, those defending their Puel out stance would say sacking Puel was fine, it was appointing Pelligrino that was wrong. 

However, as I’ve said previously, be careful what you wish for, the grass is not always greener. 

26 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I presume he didn’t enjoy his first trip to Wembley for a cup final in 40 years?

Not sure I didn’t ask. I only asked him for a laugh.

im not even puel out. Just wanted to show what people think from a true saints source.

maybe he didn’t like watching boring football with no goals as they only won one game in there last eight,and scored just one goal in there last 6 under him.

people can think differently to you ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lcfcbisto said:

Not sure I didn’t ask. I only asked him for a laugh.

im not even puel out. Just wanted to show what people think from a true saints source.

maybe he didn’t like watching boring football with no goals as they only won one game in there last eight,and scored just one goal in there last 6 under him.

people can think differently to you ?

Yeah, of course. It was just a tongue in cheek comment. 

I don’t mind what Southampton fans think, I’m more bothered we don’t repeat their mistakes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Yeah, of course. It was just a tongue in cheek comment. 

I don’t mind what Southampton fans think, I’m more bothered we don’t repeat their mistakes. 

Yeah hopefully he has learnt from his time there and can keep us pushing onto a place in Europe 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just a note on he Benitez stuff from the weekend .....wonder if it had more to do with their takeover stalling than having  any basis. If Benitez leaves then the price of the club drops .......

Genuinely unsure I'd take Benitez, he's a negative defensive manager. If we think it's bad under Puel than I can't see it being any better under Benitez.

What do they say? Better the devil you know? I'm hopeful Puel can get a couple of players in this window to help him out.

Seen some clown on twitter earlier suggest Marek Hamsik to Leicester on 300k p/w :crylaugh:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

Genuinely unsure I'd take Benitez, he's a negative defensive manager. If we think it's bad under Puel than I can't see it being any better under Benitez.

What do they say? Better the devil you know? I'm hopeful Puel can get a couple of players in this window to help him out.

Seen some clown on twitter earlier suggest Marek Hamsik to Leicester on 300k p/w :crylaugh:

That’s an old rumour ..... still rubbish though 

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Think they'd prefer Koeman or Pochettino before Puel.