Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

2 hours ago, The_Rorab said:

To be fair I think if they still had Hughes they might say yes, but under Hassenhutl I think they're optimistic about him given his management in Germany. 

They are right to be, he's the perfect manager to reconstruct the club from the Championship...

Edited by yks

Southampton start selling their best player and better player since their surprise Europe qualification, which coincidentally start puel reign there. 

It's odd but we seems have simmilar problem with transfer, albeit with smaller quantity in Kante then Mahrez and possibly Maguire this year. Howewer, aside transfer issues, we also have more aging issues. Our title winning squad majority were 30s by now. There are more player who will not perform as our surprise that years. 

Southampton felt the problem was the manager, so they sack him and keep their policy in selling their better player. So from european qualifies to relegation battle. 

Another example is how Arsenal keep nurturing young player to replace their great player, only to sell them again later when they are on their best. They gone from epl winner to struggle for Europe. 

I'm affraid we are going to simmilar direction 

2 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Southampton start selling their best player and better player since their surprise Europe qualification, which coincidentally start puel reign there. 

It's odd but we seems have simmilar problem with transfer, albeit with smaller quantity in Kante then Mahrez and possibly Maguire this year. Howewer, aside transfer issues, we also have more aging issues. Our title winning squad majority were 30s by now. There are more player who will not perform as our surprise that years. 

Southampton felt the problem was the manager, so they sack him and keep their policy in selling their better player. So from european qualifies to relegation battle. 

Another example is how Arsenal keep nurturing young player to replace their great player, only to sell them again later when they are on their best. They gone from epl winner to struggle for Europe. 

I'm affraid we are going to simmilar direction 

Do apologise for my slowness (bad sleep) but what direction is that? Seems you are referring to several different issues/directions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

I presume he didn’t enjoy his first trip to Wembley for a cup final in 40 years?

They played in the fa cup final under strachan in 2003. Ok it was Cardiff but that’s irrelevant 

I've said before that an improvement on either points or position on last year would be enough for me and I stand by that.

I'm not sure on Europa via 7th though. Yes we are a lot better equipped than the last couple of teams to qualify in that way but it still seems a hell of a disruption with not that much guarantee of getting the groups anyway. That said, absolutely no way I'd turn it down and I'd certainly be signing up to watch us play the 4th best team in Lithuania in July.

You just know that if we were to get 7th someone shite will win the FA Cup and render it meaningless though lol

13 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

They played in the fa cup final under strachan in 2003. Ok it was Cardiff but that’s irrelevant 

Apologies. You’re right, could only remember, was it bobby stokes scoring at Wembley under Laurie Mcmenemy in the 70s?

As I say, it was just a tongue in cheek comment said with a smile. I guess inflection doesn’t always come over well on the internet. 

Will try to avoid in the future?

i honestly dont know what some of our fans want anymore tbh, im by no means puel in or out atm, on social media its a minefield with the puel out army shouting from the roof top at every given chance, 

i think atm we need stability and such, we are getting that atm with Puel, and i know the style of play can be boring, but i remember worse under Megson, Levein, Kelly etc tbh,  and also we cant always rely on counter attack/rob and rush style since we'd get found out,

though im sure it wouldnt please fans either if we played brilliant football and was 16th

imo atm hes doing a decent enough job, one grips just wish we'd be a bit less conservative/defensive non top 6 teams 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I've said before that an improvement on either points or position on last year would be enough for me and I stand by that.

I'm not sure on Europa via 7th though. Yes we are a lot better equipped than the last couple of teams to qualify in that way but it still seems a hell of a disruption with not that much guarantee of getting the groups anyway. That said, absolutely no way I'd turn it down and I'd certainly be signing up to watch us play the 4th best team in Lithuania in July.

You just know that if we were to get 7th someone shite will win the FA Cup and render it meaningless though lol

Absolutely. I don't give a stuff if we get in the Europa League and it costs us a few league places the season after. What are our lasting memories from 2016/17? Losing at Burnley and slipping down the table? Nope, it's the trips to Bruges and Seville that I'll always remember.

Burnley didn't even make it to the group stages and got to go on trips to Athens, Istanbul and (to a lesser extent, but still a belting away day) Aberdeen following their team- it's what being a football fan is all about.

Ignore the dross you hear from armchair glory supporters of the 'big 6' not wanting to be in it, they know nothing about football.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Apologies. You’re right, could only remember, was it bobby stokes scoring at Wembley under Laurie Mcmenemy in the 70s?

As I say, it was just a tongue in cheek comment said with a smile. I guess inflection doesn’t always come over well on the internet. 

Will try to avoid in the future?

Forgiven ? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

WE will need to win the FA cup to get Europa League because you're forgetting that Burton Albion will win the League Cup, which means 7th is already out of the question whoever wins the FA cup!!! ;)

The Europa League is about more than checking out the nightlife in Estonia or Uzbekistan.  If we're good enough to finish 7th with this squad and have an active summer improving it, winning the Europa League and getting into the CL is by no means unrealistic.

38 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

The Europa League is about more than checking out the nightlife in Estonia or Uzbekistan.  If we're good enough to finish 7th with this squad and have an active summer improving it, winning the Europa League and getting into the CL is by no means unrealistic.

Marseille had to play 19... NINETEEN... extra games last season to reach and play in the final. There isn't a hope in hell the club would take the Europa League seriously, when we don't even take a relatively short by comparison cup knockout competition in our own country seriously. You then have the bollocks about having potentially huge teams just dropping into it when they've ****ed up in the champions league, ruining virtually any chance you might have had anyway. 

You'd make as much money finishing three places higher up the league than you're likely to make by even reaching the quarter finals, if not the semis. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Technically yes...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Estonian+women

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Marseille had to play 19... NINETEEN... extra games last season to reach and play in the final. There isn't a hope in hell the club would take the Europa League seriously, when we don't even take a relatively short by comparison cup knockout competition in our own country seriously. You then have the bollocks about having potentially huge teams just dropping into it when they've ****ed up in the champions league, ruining virtually any chance you might have had anyway. 

Yes but what about the Estonian nightlife?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Premier league football with Europa league cup is much more appealing to just premier league mid table team.

We have financial clout unlike Burnley to be more attractive for players to want to come here.

Even if we don't take it seriously it still looks better and players want to play in Europe 

Edited by Fox85

Just now, Fox85 said:

Premier league football with Europa league cup is much more appealing to just premier league mid table team.

We have financial clout unlike Burnley to be more attractive for players to want to come here.

Even if we don't take it seriously it still looks better and players want to play in Europe 

I'm not saying you don't go for it. We'd be fielding half arsed teams like we do in the league up. That's the reality. 

You also don't make the money that you do from the Champions league, so the club aren't going to suddenly pump loads of money into players because we're in the Europa league. Group stages is £2m, I'm not sure that's going to stretch to loads of amazing players is it. Plus, as I've said 100 times, we couldn't even attract decent players with a title win and the champions league to play in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm not saying you don't go for it. We'd be fielding half arsed teams like we do in the league up. That's the reality. 

You also don't make the money that you do from the Champions league, so the club aren't going to suddenly pump loads of money into players because we're in the Europa league. Group stages is £2m, I'm not sure that's going to stretch to loads of amazing players is it. Plus, as I've said 100 times, we couldn't even attract decent players with a title win and the champions league to play in. 

It's not about how much you get from being in Europa league.

It's the chance to play in Europe as well as in the prem.

I think it's a good thing and I beleave players would aswel.

Don't get me wrong we won't be linked with Ronaldo or Messi but the players we would be linked and have options to buy would be better than Danny drinkwater and Elneny or how ever you spell it.

Edited by Fox85