Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

11 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I'm glad ownership seems not to share the depressing lack of ambition so many fans of the club have.

They clearly don't give a shit about the cup competitions in this country, what makes you think they'll change their mind about the Europa league. Yes, we all want to be in it because it's a nice trip and it basically means more league prize money for starters. But don't go expecting us to put it ahead of premier league finish. 

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

After Tottenham and place away I switched to puel out. The air of negativity towards him in the city and our tepid playing style did it for me. 

It's the first time I've actively wanted a manager out during a season since Peter Taylor. 

However i feel like once you have gone against the manager you are doing yourself a massive disservice. It's hard to fully get behind your team when you want its boss to fail so he gets the the sack, there is a part of you that wants them to lose. I did not enjoy my match day experience at all v Man city in the cup. I felt uninterested in the pub and ground. And did not feel that pure euphoria when we equalised.

Because of how shit it felt, I honestly don't think I would be getting value for my season tickets going to games in that frame of mind so because of this and because of our huge upturn in form I am now fully back in the Puel in camp.

I have also learned to only go against your own manager in huge, club threatening circumstances. And 7th in the league is certainly not that. 

Who gives a shiny shite if the football can be boring against lesser sides? If we as fans get to go add to our handful of glorious European memories?

Finally to those fans who actively want him out and seem to take pleasure when we lose because it edges him closer to the sack and vidicates you position I say this: get back behind this great football club. Get behind the team and get behind the fooking manager.

Trust me you will enjoy the ride a lot more if you do.

Leicester till I die.

Nobody wants years and years of it really, but short term pain for long term gain is very much a possibility, so I'm happy to ride it out and put my faith in the owners making a choice based on ALL the facts.

Could we wait until like end of April to talk about an Europa League qualification please ?
Ok we're 7th but the season is still long and I don't want everyone to lose their mind if we finish 9th when everybody subconciously considered the Europa League spot was here for the taking.

44 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Yes but what about the Estonian nightlife?

Went on a stag do there in January 2004.

Very, very, very cold. But the women were a bloody joy.

(Best man got slashed with a knife - only a little nick as it goes - by some jealous Russian fella but overall a great weekend!)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yks said:

Could we wait until like end of April to talk about an Europa League qualification please ?
Ok we're 7th but the season is still long and I don't want everyone to lose their mind if we finish 9th when everybody subconciously considered the Europa League spot was here for the taking.

Better than talking about a relegation scrap like some were a couple of weeks ago lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

(Best man got slashed with a knife - only a little nick as it goes - by some jealous Russian fella but overall a great weekend!)

You'd not make a good salesman. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I don't believe this for a second. Some of the guff we've had in the dugout since Taylor and Puel is the first one you've wanted out?

I wanted Holloway out but that was after the season had finished. During the season we were fighting for our lives and I would have said he was the right man. I always felt for people like Rob Kelly and Craig Lavin as people used to get on their back but they had shit players and no money.

I wanted Holloway out but that was after the season had finished. During the season we were fighting for our lives and I would have said he was the right man. I always felt for people like Rob Kelly and Craig Lavin as people used to get on their back but they had shit players and no money.

Sousa? Sven?

On the basis that some fans wouldn't want Europa League of we finish 7th we should defo sack Puel if we get 7th. 

We should also sack him if we get 8th as that's what he achieved with Southampton.

If we get 9th he should be sacked as there's no improvement.

Therefore only champions league qualification will do. 

It doesn't look like we'll get that so sack him now.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It’s frustrating that if we did sack him there would definitely be some comments in the media saying we’re trigger happy despite having stuck with Puel through a few different rough patches 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

They clearly don't give a shit about the cup competitions in this country, what makes you think they'll change their mind about the Europa league. Yes, we all want to be in it because it's a nice trip and it basically means more league prize money for starters. But don't go expecting us to put it ahead of premier league finish. 

I'm not sure the likes of Kilmarnock or whoever we would draw in one of the infernal qualifying rounds could be termed a "nice trip". Didn't Burnely get Aberdeen? Not really my idea of a European adventure. And no I'm not anti-scot before anyone starts.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Beats a tattoo of an Estonian prostitute you can't really remember.

38 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Sousa? Sven?

Sousa I could honestly see that he was trying to change everything and was prepared to give him time you can't turn a direct championship side into a slick footballing outfit overnight. Sven we were about 7th when we sacked him and I was shocked and a tiny bit disappointed although with hindsight he was terrible.

Sousa I could honestly see that he was trying to change everything and was prepared to give him time you can't turn a direct championship side into a slick footballing outfit overnight. Sven we were about 7th when we sacked him and I was shocked and a tiny bit disappointed although with hindsight he was terrible.

Still think it's slightly odd that you were willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt but not Puel. But hey ho, different strokes for different folks.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The Europa League is about more than checking out the nightlife in Estonia or Uzbekistan.  If we're good enough to finish 7th with this squad and have an active summer improving it, winning the Europa League and getting into the CL is by no means unrealistic.

I'm hoping for Spartak Prague away :beer: lovely architecture :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Just the title of this thread makes me laugh.

I've followed the club for 25 years and over most of those years, if someone had said this would be a thread when we're 7th in the Premier League, I'd of fell off my chair!

I just cant begin to understand what this forum would be like if we were in the depths of the bottom half and fighting relegation!!!

This thread started some time ago, when we hadn’t played well in whole a game for.... I don’t know about a year. We’ve played shit for a long, long time and the manager has not been getting the best out of the players he has, and we couldn’t beat / draw against relegation candidates (still can’t actually).

Lets face it we’ve won these games not with Claude’s style but with a bit of tempo and counter attack. Both of which he has eroded from our play over the last 14 month's. These games have fallen into place and not by his design given previous evidence. When will the penny drop that the common denominator to success high tempo and getting Vardy in the game more? 

All that said the argument for sacking him is now totally redundant given where we sit in the league after three wins in a week. 

Three swallows don’t make a summer, and he’s not my choice going forward despite our current place which does reflect the poor standard of the division I think. I’d definitely start looking elsewhere now and still replace at the season’s end. 

And before the same old faces start with: “we can’t do better than 7th with our players”

etc etc.

1. My cat could have us sat in 7th over this season. 

2. A better manager would have us on more points than this guy (who knows what place we could be with a better manager). 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Three swallows don’t make a summer, and he’s not my choice going forward despite our current place which does reflect the poor standard of the division I think. I’d definitely start looking elsewhere now and still replace at the season’s end. 

Pretty sure the actual saying is a little different... :)