Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

8 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This thread started some time ago, when we hadn’t played well in whole a game for.... I don’t know about a year. We’ve played shit for a long, long time and the manager has not been getting the best out of the players he has, and we couldn’t beat / draw against relegation candidates (still can’t actually).

Lets face it we’ve won these games not with Claude’s style but with a bit of tempo and counter attack. Both of which he has eroded from our play over the last 14 month's. These games have fallen into place and not by his design given previous evidence. When will the penny drop that the common denominator to success high tempo and getting Vardy in the game more? 

All that said the argument for sacking him is now totally redundant given where we sit in the league after three wins in a week. 

Three swallows don’t make a summer, and he’s not my choice going forward despite our current place which does reflect the poor standard of the division I think. I’d definitely start looking elsewhere now and still replace at the season’s end. 

And before the same old faces start with: “we can’t do better than 7th with our players”

etc etc.

1. My cat could have us sat in 7th over this season. 

2. A better manager would have us on more points than this guy (who knows what place we could be with a better manager). 

@Babylon have a word.

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes I’m well known for a little exaggeration ?

Just joshing, but more importantly, whats your cats phone number?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Still think it's slightly odd that you were willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt but not Puel. But hey ho, different strokes for different folks.

Trust me mate the levels of expectation and levels of negativity are far far higher now than they were then I don't remember the fans turning on the ones you mentioned. They turned on Kelly a bit I remember that. But I remember thinking it was harsh as we were shite whoever was managing us.

20 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This thread started some time ago, when we hadn’t played well in whole a game for.... I don’t know about a year. We’ve played shit for a long, long time and the manager has not been getting the best out of the players he has, and we couldn’t beat / draw against relegation candidates (still can’t actually).

Lets face it we’ve won these games not with Claude’s style but with a bit of tempo and counter attack. Both of which he has eroded from our play over the last 14 month's. These games have fallen into place and not by his design given previous evidence. When will the penny drop that the common denominator to success high tempo and getting Vardy in the game more? 

All that said the argument for sacking him is now totally redundant given where we sit in the league after three wins in a week. 

Three swallows don’t make a summer, and he’s not my choice going forward despite our current place which does reflect the poor standard of the division I think. I’d definitely start looking elsewhere now and still replace at the season’s end. 

And before the same old faces start with: “we can’t do better than 7th with our players”

etc etc.

2. A better manager would have us on more points than this guy (who knows what place we could be with a better manager). 

I agree with odd points but we're still in a massively better position as a football club than we have been for most of those years.

As for the cat could have us sat in 7th, disagree. That's harsh to be fair

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Nobody wants years and years of it really, but short term pain for long term gain is very much a possibility, so I'm happy to ride it out and put my faith in the owners making a choice based on ALL the facts.

This is where I'm at now after our chat the other day, was wanting him out asap but the reality is we're getting the results and sitting pretty in the table.. there's no harm to give him more time and see how we progress under him. 

If it becomes a relegation dog fight then his future needs to be considered.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Tiddles In.

"So Tiddles, you sit here as the new Leicester manager. What are your thoughts on the situation with Adrian Silva?"

cat-smiling-14.jpg.4e8d038e62e853a4f2cdb30e9b3a5c91.jpg

39 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

etc etc.

The argument for sacking him is now redundant based on where we sit in the league and three wins in a week, neither of which were apparently anything to do with him? Only one of your arguments could be that shit.

If you've made a positive post about anyone at the club I can't remember it. Let's face it - you're the embodiment of the old 'predicted 9 out of the last 5 recessions' type of clueless, negative WUMmmer.

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

What are these rough patches? We haven't had any sackable ones yet.

He could easily have been sacked at the end of last season, I wouldn’t have done and I think most fans wouldn’t have either but it wouldn’t have been completely unreasonable 

All this stuff about the league being shit is a total fallacy, it's just another bullshit stick to beat the manager with. Our points total for 7th place is pretty much exactly what it has been for the last decade. Anywhere between 30 and 34 points. The bottom half of the league hasn't been filled with decent teams or clubs for the best part of two decades.

35 points kept you up a decade ago and the league was full of clubs no worse than what's there now. Huddersfield might be looking awful at the bottom, But the rest is pretty much as you were. 

154782265_ScreenShot2019-01-03at20_25_50.thumb.png.047785e51a1e602b6dacedffadc4a5ff.png

• Like 2

It's a bit odd that fans never sing positive songs about the manager, barring that collective outpouring after Cardiff away.

Assuming there are plenty of 'Puel inners' who attend games, any idea why this might be?

My view is that he's never really attempted to bond with the fans, maybe because he doesn't really 'get' English football in the way other foreign bosses do.

He missed a trick at Chelsea, great result, could've gone over to the fans, pumped fists, lots of clapping, little things like that over time would probably help.

I appreciate English is not his first language (and fair play for not constantly hiding behind an interpreter) but a bit more charm and slicker communication wouldn't go amiss.

I wish he'd tweak his managerial style and we could all feel differently towards him.

He's not an easy figure to warm to in various ways, notwithstanding results being good enough to have us in seventh currently.

I'm trying to make a constructive point, trying to help him, although I accept some here will see it differently.

• Like 2

We were lucky to beat Chelsea and by luck we scored against Everton when we played awful, beaten by Cardiff who were much better than us. Only Man City did we have a plan to counter their play makers.

We are a counterattacking team and Puel has killed our Style. I said in summer that we should of got Ralph Hasenhüttl, which would have been perfect for us, high tempo high pressing counterattacking football. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Trust me mate the levels of expectation and levels of negativity are far far higher now than they were then I don't remember the fans turning on the ones you mentioned. They turned on Kelly a bit I remember that. But I remember thinking it was harsh as we were shite whoever was managing us.

My expectations of Sousa and Sven were higher than they currently are for Puel, given that we were in a lower division where we were one of the highest, if not THE highest, spenders. Vichai and Top obviously thought so too.

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

We were lucky to beat Chelsea and by luck we scored against Everton when we played awful, beaten by Cardiff who were much better than us. Only Man City did we have a plan to counter their play makers.

We are a counterattacking team and Puel has killed our Style. I said in summer that we should of got Ralph Hasenhüttl, which would have been perfect for us, high tempo high pressing counterattacking football. 

Not sure where to start with that.

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's a bit odd that fans never sing positive songs about the manager, barring that collective outpouring after Cardiff away.

Assuming there are plenty of 'Puel inners' who attend games, any idea why this might be?

My view is that he's never really attempted to bond with the fans, maybe because he doesn't really 'get' English football in the way other foreign bosses do.

He missed a trick at Chelsea, great result, could've gone over to the fans, pumped fists, lots of clapping, little things like that over time would probably help.

I appreciate English is not his first language (and fair play for not constantly hiding behind an interpreter) but a bit more charm and slicker communication wouldn't go amiss.

I wish he'd tweak his managerial style and we could all feel differently towards him.

He's not an easy figure to warm to in various ways, notwithstanding results being good enough to have us in seventh currently.

I'm trying to make a constructive point, trying to help him, although I accept some here will see it differently.

So the bottom line (Results overall are pretty much beyond criticism) is that he is not personnable or media "friendly" enough?

3 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

And we're still 7th!!

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm not too fussed on how he conducts himself in the media, I don't need a friend or a comedian.. I just need a decent, professional and capable manager who is able to produce good quality football with results.

My issue has always been the style and sometimes questionable decisions but I really believe now that he has some mitigation in the form that he just simply doesn't have the players.

Hopefully we can bring in some new faces over the coming windows to at least give him a fair crack but if what we understand is the wage bill is too high perhaps that's our curse for winning the league and we have to face facts.. I feel he's just been given the tough messy job of sorting out a mess and it will take him time to get it right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So the bottom line (Results overall are pretty much beyond criticism) is that he is not personnable or media "friendly" enough?

No, I'm saying he could do more to connect with supporters which would make fans a little less divisive.

Do you have any constructive ways for him to improve?

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

It’s frustrating that if we did sack him there would definitely be some comments in the media saying we’re trigger happy despite having stuck with Puel through a few different rough patches 

And they'd be absolutely f**king right.

• Like 4