Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Southampton Home post match, 1-2 loss.

I think he is hanging by a thread to be honest wouldn't be surprised if he got the boot now, it's hard to blame him for the mistakes in the first half that caused the two goals, 2nd was criminal given they was down to 10 so you really can't blame him for that however the team selection is up for debate

Playing the 3 in the middle hasn't helped him, results in the cup are now looking like bad choices down to team selections and so forth.

As much as I want to like the bloke, some of his decisions are down right bizarre.

I don't give a shit now, we blow hot and cold and that's why there is this Puel in and Puel out when the results change, we are a young side so its to be expected but there is no fight in nearly all our first half performances we come out slow and ponderous this has to be down to the manager.

I think we have some real talent in the squad but something just isn't working.

back on the fence

Individual errors may have cost us the game but "the tactician" behind it all hasn't helped.

Today's blunder putting yet another crosser of the ball in Dierdre on the field instead of another central attacking player such as Nacho.  

Granted he might not have been effective but we'd been crossing it to no one all game up until that point.  Adding Dierdre to the list of crossers to no one does what exactly?

Clueless Puel strikes again, but it's ok, he needs time to bring in "his players".

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Very puzzling why Nacho wasn't brought on instead of Ghezzal. 

Well, to hear this forum tell it, Nacho is utter trash who shouldn’t ever see a pitch. 

The man cannot make a right decision - always will be someone whose a critic.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Well done to Southampton, can't see our pathetic excuse for a defense holding on like that.  Very organised, professional and knew what they were doing.  Everything we weren't

Is that the same defense that was 5th best in the league with some very solid displays since the autumn.

We lost because of two pretty rare mistakes by Mendy.

• Like 1

Hard to defend that dross. I think people want rid because they don’t see us getting anywhere near the best out of our players too often. For the record I like loads of the work Puel has done getting the squad to be younger and packed with pace. But then to hamstring us with slow football is confusing. 

For those of you watching on a stream at least you didn’t have to sit through 90 minutes of the absolute moron who sits near me shouting “Pass, Run, Kick it, Cross it” wherever someone did exactly that. The best of the lot, and bloody wait for this people, when we had a throw was..... “Throw it” ahhh cheers Pep, I was going to head the Cnut back into play. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Those shouting for "Puel out" (especially after 30 minutes, whilst going for a pie) have a look at yourself. 

Mendy has made 2 absolutely dreadful decisions and was rightly yanked off, other than that we looked comfortable and were creating chances. 

Yet will probably start the next game. Where's the incentive to put in good performances other than personal pride?

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Only thing worse than the past two games is the state of some of the fanbase at the moment. Whoever boos one of their own players coming on may as well stay at home and stick the radio on

agreed the boos for Ghezzal even when on the pitch receiving the ball is laughable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is that the same defense that was 5th best in the league with some very solid displays since the autumn.

We lost because of two pretty rare mistakes by Mendy.

No, we lost because of 2 rare mistakes by Mendy **AND** we allowed them to take advantage of that by being too defensive and defending waaaay too deep, giving them too much space.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

For those of you watching on a stream at least you didn’t have to sit through 90 minutes of the absolute moron who sits near me shouting “Pass, Run, Kick it, Cross it” wherever someone did exactly that. The best of the lot, and bloody wait for this people, when we had a throw was..... “Throw it” ahhh cheers Pep, I was going to head the Cnut back into play. 

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Well, to hear this forum tell it, Nacho is utter trash who shouldn’t ever see a pitch. 

The man cannot make a right decision - always will be someone whose a critic.

I'm as disappointed with Nacho as most, but when you need a goal what's the sense of bringing in a winger who spends all his time hugging the touchline, whilst nobody is in the penalty area. On top of which Ghezzal hasn't been playing well himself. 

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

he must be in the 'shoot' category as well then when the player receives the ball 40 yards out