Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Southampton Home post match, 1-2 loss.

The main issue right now is that too many of our players are thick as two short planks.

Vardy managing to be offside twice in the last 10 minutes against a deep defence and Maguire hoofing a shot from 30 yards into row Z just as we were turning the screw were particular lowlights.

Puel's lack of attacking plan couldn't have been more plain than today.

You don't create chances by just lofting the ball into the box unless you fill that box with your own players. 

We cross ball after ball to 8 defenders and 1 or 2 attackers in the area and somehow expect the ball to find it's way into the goal. 

Terrible, and has been for some time. Time to go.

• Like 3

Ive been sitting oj the fance regarding claude but i Dont know what to say anymore to be honest, regardless of whos in charge now every team knows how to set up against us, and we have no plan B at all, we dont have the players to break teams down, and every side apart from the top 6 wont play a high line in fear of vardy getting in behind, so bang goes tge counter attack, so what else is there? New manager bounce would get everyone going again but as some have said we will be in the same position 12 months down the line, its quite scary to be honest

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

That’s easy for you to say Claude.

Seriously though; performances are not this manager’s responsibility now ?.

A laughable position to take which has no credibility whatsoever.

This is my main gripe with a lot of Puels defenders. There are some that are reasonable but there are some that find any reason to absolve him of any responsibility what so ever when we lose, yet when they win the same things they absolve him off when losing they use to give him credit with when winninng. 

Guess you can say the same about the Puel out crowd.

For me its neither here nor there. I’m sick of the negative slow football that we play. I’m sick of the team being set up to contain, defend and nick a result against teams in lower positions than us.

I hope Puel improves but the signs are not there, he’s stubborn and it he loses his job he loses his job. Hopefully the next person that comes in isnt so negative.

Regardless of whos in charge i want to see a Leicester City team play without fear and put in maximum effort every single game no matter who they are playing. It would make losses much easier to take.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

In what world is our manager to think Mendy Ndidi and Choudhury together would work at home to these

Exactly the same world as the one where a good portion of our fans blamed our defeat to Cardiff on not doing this.

Poor tactics but he can’t win.

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So, everyone's overreacting to fine margins. Not great first half, second half far better. There's a clear penalty not given on Vardy about 3 minutes after Ndidi scores. Referee gets a decision right for once and gives that, I don't doubt we win. 

A few poor performances first half (Albrighton and Mendy) which Puel correctly identified and changed. As Claude said in the week, y'all need a reality check.

Also, shout out to the "fan" stood next to me (SK1, MM, seat 6). Not chanting, shouting abuse at Chilwell and Grey every time a cross was part cleared and that we need it to hoof it to Vardy because that's how we won the title, then making more noise at the end booing and shouting Puel Out. You're everything wrong with the clubs fanbase

I can't remember a clear penalty on Vardy, only thing I can think of is when he fell over without being touched and didn't appeal for anything?

Edited by EnderbyFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The main issue right now is that too many of our players are thick as two short planks.

Vardy managing to be offside twice in the last 10 minutes against a deep defence and Maguire hoofing a shot from 30 yards into row Z just as we were turning the screw were particular lowlights.

Add to that list N'didi shooting 10 yards over every time the ball fell to him, regardless of which foot it fell on, first time.

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I would argue we have good players playing below par because of the manager but maybe I am wrong.

I think we have a mix of good players and then average players that pull us down. We also have a weird squad full of players from 3+ different managers, all of which had different ways of playing.

I just dont see the problem changing with a new manager, bar a small bounce to begin with.

• Like 4

I feel like I want to say something but don't know what it is!! In general I'm Puel in but shite rubbish today stretch my faith. We can't pass and seem to pose no threat in front of goal - did you check the amount of shots and heads which went straight at their keeper? We kept skying long shots because we had no idea how to break down a tight defence.

But think is, suppose Puel goes? Who then and what then? another cycle of new manager bounce followed by a rapid slide down the table? Rinse and repeat..

I'm just so glad I'm not in Top's shoes (or those of his advisers)

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

I can't remember a clear penalty on Vardy, only thing I can think of is when he fell over without being touched and didn't appeal for anything?

Span the CB, got his foot kicked. Put simply if he doesn't go down he's in on goal - obviously he's not going to dive

Just now, ttfn said:

Exactly the same world as the one where a good portion of our fans blamed our defeat to Cardiff on not doing this.

Poor tactics but he can’t win.

It was never going to work and will never work apart from the odd game against a top side, each then we’d need a huge amount of luck. I never want to see it again, together with Ndidi and Mendy in a two. We’re relying on full backs creating but they don’t create, just lump balls into the box for the defenders to clear all match. Get someone in the middle who can play a forward pass

• Like 2