Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

The ever obliging Leicester City

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/moment-turned-burnleys-premier-league-18621730

The moment that turned Burnley's Premier League season around
Sky Sports pundit highlights the key point where the 2019/20 top flight campaign changed for the Clarets

Nick Pope's penalty save from Jamie Vardy in January has been identified as the turning point in Burnley's Premier League season, according to Sky Sports pundit Matt Murray.

The Clarets came from behind to beat Leicester City at Turf Moor in mid-January 2-1 thanks to goals from Chris Wood and Ashley Westwood.

The result took Sean Dyche's side to 14th in the table and helped spark a remarkable run of form in the Premier League which has seen them lose just once in 15 top flight fixtures since.

But before Westwood scored what proved to be the winner against the Foxes, goalkeeper Pope made a crucial penalty save when he denied Vardy from the spot with the game at 1-1.

And Murray, who was part of the commentary team for Burnley's win over Norwich last weekend, believes that was a crucial moment in the Clarets campaign.

Murray said: "It’s been a really, really good season. I think they’ve been fantastic.

"Sean Dyche is an excellent manager. There’s things talked about how happy is he, but I tell you what, the performances.

"I always think it was that Leicester game, Nick Pope saved a penalty against Jamie Vardy and they just kicked on.

"They’ve been keeping clean sheets, whoever comes into the team is ready, so again it shows good management.

"There’s a clear profile of the players that they put into the team that fit the system, fit the attitude, the work rate and everything about the culture of that club, so I think it’s been a top, top season.

"They’re pushing for record points, keeping clean sheets, everything about it – it’s just a shame that the fans aren’t there to see it because they’ve definitely shown real appreciation of the manager and all of his team of staff."

I've never known us be as accommodating as over the last few months. And that says something.

Personally think those 3 mins at Bournemouth were worthy of closing this thread. It can't get any worse.

Edited by sdb