Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

The ever obliging Leicester City

Still remember when Villa hadn't scored at the Holte end in the second half since 1954 or something and Alan Hutton hadn't scored a goal for about 8 years but we managed both in one half of football.

31 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Spare a thought for Palace who conceded a double against Vardy after he looked like he couldn't hit a barn door. Only Palace, eh? Only Palace.

Yup, imagine 19 goal Jamie Vardy scoring against you after a huge drought of 3 games... you couldn’t write it! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I just wish I didn't care so much. 

To blow it like this is unbelievably painful :cry:

Football hey. 

The first time where I was just slumped lying on the floor thinking what the point of following this team... I’ve been going to the games since I was a kid but for the players to throw away the game like that replicated in me just giving up also... my wife didn’t even kno there was a game on I was that quiet.

Im actually concerned this could damage the rest of the season and subsequently the off season if we fail to get into champs league. 

it feels like a disaster at the minute 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phube said:

Yup, imagine 19 goal Jamie Vardy scoring against you after a huge drought of 3 games... you couldn’t write it! 

It was the first time he's started and scored in 2020 in the Prem. 

I can't believe I'm actually having to argue that there isn't a mystical curse against Leicester City. Use your common sense, if of course you have it.

Knew he would score, scored his 2nd and 3rd PL goal in 6 seasons against us lol if the game carried on I am convinced he'd be dribbling past our whole team and scoring with rainbow flicks.

We may have given him the confidence boost he needed, he'll be starting in the Euros for England next year. Things to be positive about.

Edited by lgfualol

15 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I wonder how much profit you'd make if you stuck a tenner on every obscure records that we allow teams to break against us.

Nowhere near as much as you'd lose. It's called confirmation bias.

6 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Nowhere near as much as you'd lose. It's called confirmation bias.

From the ones I've seen since lockdown, you'd have gone for Everton to get a penalty (that was well documented), and Solanke to score yesterday. That would have covered all the games post lockdown. 

16 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I can't believe I'm actually having to argue that there isn't a mystical curse against Leicester City

I don't believe anyone actually believes there is but it's a way to release emotion and stress and harmless and at times just a bit of fun..

I can't believe why you're actually trying to argue the point.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Tuna said:

Still remember when Villa hadn't scored at the Holte end in the second half since 1954 or something and Alan Hutton hadn't scored a goal for about 8 years but we managed both in one half of football.

Going back a bit I seem to remember some useless thug from Southampton (Benali?) scoring his one goal in 300 odd appearances against us 

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I don't believe anyone actually believes there is but it's a way to release emotion and stress and harmless and at times just a bit of fun..

I can't believe why you're actually trying to argue the point.

You're way too kind. People do believe it.

Sadly, I was compelled to have the following conversation with @HighPeakFox.... 

On 11/07/2020 at 09:02, HighPeakFox said:

The very definition of 'ever-giving'

On 12/07/2020 at 14:49, NaijaFox said:

“The very definition of ‘ever giving’” City if ever! :mad:

(1) Bournemouth comes from behind to win for the first time in 2 years;

(2) Solanke scores his first league goals ever in a Bournemouth shirt; and
(3) Bournemouth gets a first victory in their last 10 games. 

TRAGICOMEDY!!

We seem to almost never fail to oblige. :(

Edited by NaijaFox

On 12/07/2020 at 20:40, Sly said:

Rodgers OUT!!! We’re awful!!! We’d be in trouble if it were not for the first half of the season. 

Possiblly too pessimistic but remember Peter Taylor started the season brilliantly topped the table  finished  dreadfully  and relegated following season.

1 hour ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Possiblly too pessimistic but remember Peter Taylor started the season brilliantly topped the table  finished  dreadfully  and relegated following season.

This is what concerns me. Teams on our form tend to struggle the next season 

Right I’m going to be the one. Close this god damn thread!!!  I swear down this is why it keeps happening. If I am oblivious about these “not happened yet” they don’t happen. But you Megnuts keep bringing them up and ensuring they are going to happen. 

Dont you you dare post any for the next 3 games I simply can’t take it. 

You are all as as bad as the ‘my mate is the ref’ guy