Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

The ever obliging Leicester City

• 1 month later...

This started earlier than we think...

I just watched the City vs Villa highlights from 15/16. 

And lo and behold:

Grealish scores his first ever senior goal for Villa! (According to the commentator)

:nono:

14 minutes ago, Phube said:

And lo and behold:

Grealish scores his first ever senior goal for Villa! (According to the commentator)

This is more players scoring after a long drought, or the fact Francis Benali scored his only career goal against us (so it goes back decades), but a 20 year old scoring his first goal isn't really the same thing.

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

This is more players scoring after a long drought, or the fact Francis Benali scored his only career goal against us (so it goes back decades), but a 20 year old scoring his first goal isn't really the same thing.

*carefully checks the name of the topic creator* :ph34r:

Also in 34 first team appearances until 2016 he scored exactly ONE goal!

;)

41 minutes ago, Phube said:

And lo and behold:

Jesus Christ. This again? People have to score their first goals against someone. We face a lot of players. Sometimes those goals will be scored against us.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Phube said:

*carefully checks the name of the topic creator* :ph34r:

Also in 34 first team appearances until 2016 he scored exactly ONE goal!

;)

As Nod.E says he was going to score it against someone, but its not like him scoring is extremely rare too. He was young kid back then too. Its very different to when Benteke scored against us. He'd previously been prolific, had a notebale drought and broken it against us.

I think you can pick a lot of goals as us be obliging, but reading this thread a few are slipping in that really aren't.

Gary Neville scored against us, now that was us being obliging.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Frost said:

Paying Rodgers 200k a week to set-up like that. Injuries or not that was as abysmal as the West Ham performance.

And bring Hamza on ... at 0-0... at home to Aston Villa.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

And bring Hamza on ... at 0-0... at home to Aston Villa.

Do we know why he did that? I couldn't work it out for the life of me but whenever Hamza comes on he leaves a gap between midfield and defence every single time. Unless Mendy had a knock it's unforgiveable, especially condidering how little we offered upfront. Under should've come on for Perez, everyone could see we needed some fresh legs up top.

Slimani looked like he'd won a raffle to play in a professional football team for a day. Absolutely laughable, the bloke looked like he'd never kicked a ball in his life.

Let's see if we can "oblige" tonight to any of these:

Leicester will be facing Ukrainian opposition for the first time in Europe, whilst no English team has ever lost to a side from Ukraine on home soil (P32, W25, D7).

Zorya Luhansk have lost five of their six away Europa League games (W1), failing to score in each of those defeats.

And a positive "oblige":

Leicester remain winless in the UEFA Cup/Europa League (P4, D1, L3)

0-0 draw incoming.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Let's see if we can "oblige" tonight to any of these:

Leicester will be facing Ukrainian opposition for the first time in Europe, whilst no English team has ever lost to a side from Ukraine on home soil (P32, W25, D7).

Zorya Luhansk have lost five of their six away Europa League games (W1), failing to score in each of those defeats.

And a positive "oblige":

Leicester remain winless in the UEFA Cup/Europa League (P4, D1, L3)

0-0 draw incoming.

I read that this morning and my first thought was 'this bodes well'.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1