Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

1 minute ago, Milo said:

Odd argument.

Do you think we would have played an attacking style of football if we hadn't been 2 goals down?

I've no idea. My comment was about accepting losing and being lower in the table if the entertainment was better. Was this better than last week, and against Cardiff?

Losing is never going to be accepted on here or by any club.

Just now, Devonfox1884 said:

In fairness, I’m much happier watching that kind of game than games like Palace a few weeks back. It was entertaining to watch and we were unfortunate to get beaten trying to win the game. 

I’d much rather see the team actively try to win games and get stung once in a while than accept draws. It’s just a shame how it ended today. 

Began

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

In fairness, I’m much happier watching that kind of game than games like Palace a few weeks back. It was entertaining to watch and we were unfortunate to get beaten trying to win the game. 

I’d much rather see the team actively try to win games and get stung once in a while than accept draws. It’s just a shame how it ended today. 

It was a more exciting game but more painful than say Cardiff at home

That defeat today was horrible and I think its made feel a bit sick lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, the fox said:

People acting like it's not an away game against a pretty good side.

Just 3 games ago in the pl, they've won against spurs away 3-1. They have real quality.

What I think is a fair gripe is that the defence is bad and we don't start games too well to say the least.

Would rather lose like this than lose 1-0. A positive is that we at least know what's the problem.

A positive is how our attacking play looked good and we did well with the pace in the front 4 positions. 

Negative is that having Ricardo at rw means we then suffer defensively

Just now, UniFox21 said:

A positive is how our attacking play looked good and we did well with the pace in the front 4 positions. 

Negative is that having Ricardo at rw means we then suffer defensively

Ricardo is so good i can see why we'd want to use him as an attacking mid. But it means putting Simpson at RB and i much prefer ricardo there, who can attack from that position anyway

Just now, Corky said:

I've no idea. My comment was about accepting losing and being lower in the table if the entertainment was better. Was this better than last week, and against Cardiff?

Losing is never going to be accepted on here or by any club.

Nope,

I've said many times that, for me, the effort is often more important than the result.

If you try and are not good enough then so be it.

For large swathes of the past couple of years we have been dreadful (under Claudio, Shakey and Claude - two of whom are conservative, defensive managers, and one who is not a manager) and we have popped up with the odd glorious failure - start slow, concede, pass it round and then a mad last ten minutes to try and salvage something.

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Bournemouth’s first win in five today having conceded 17!!!! In those games.... but yeah sure. 

Yeah, I think he's a decent manager. I can understand what he's saying & he talks sense & is honest.....doesn't trot out the same old bollocks that Puel does each week. All we get is how we must learn/start faster/show qualiteee/intensitee etc etc.

I think Howe could do well at KP....bigger fan base, 3x the crowd size, more money to spend, better facilities all round. Better option than Benitez.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, Cityfox60 said:

Yeah, I think he's a decent manager. I can understand what he's saying & he talks sense & is honest.....doesn't trot out the same old bollocks that Puel does each week. All we get is how we must learn/start faster/show qualiteee/intensitee etc etc.

I think Howe could do well at KP....bigger fan base, 3x the crowd size, more money to spend, better facilities all round. Better option than Benitez.

Just my opinion.

No completely fine, just not a fan of his at all :) I think he lives of the fact he talks a good game... i've given my opinion on him plenty of time so won't bore people with it again!

In all fairness, tactically, Puel had several mares. Our least creative midfielder as the 10 was always going to be a mistake, and in the first half Gray was the rock so many attacks died on. Even if he and Barnes swapped positions we would have been better off imo. Added to that, not closing down Neves was a mistake. And subbing on Evans instead of Soyuncu when the plan was to play a high line against an ultra pacy counterattack. And playing Simpson.

2 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

What today suggests, at least for me, is that Morgan is mostly through unless shielded by 3 CDMs.

But any amount of shielding is not going to give him a respectable turn of speed.  Tortoises do not work in the EPL where the slightest error is invariably punished.

The problem is made worse with Partners like Evans and Maguire, who are also slow.   We need pace in there urgently.

12 minutes ago, the fox said:

Just 3 games ago in the pl, they've won against spurs away 3-1. They have real quality.

What I think is a fair gripe is that the defence is bad and we don't start games too well to say the least.

Would rather lose like this than lose 1-0. A positive is that we at least know what's the problem.

cP?

13 minutes ago, the fox said:

Wolves were awful today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In all fairness, tactically, Puel had several mares. Our least creative midfielder as the 10 was always going to be a mistake, and in the first half Gray was the rock so many attacks died on. Even if he and Barnes swapped positions we would have been better off imo. Added to that, not closing down Neves was a mistake. And subbing on Evans instead of Soyuncu when the plan was to play a high line against an ultra pacy counterattack. And playing Simpson.

Gray had the most chances the first half and tested the keeper ok at least once. His goal in the second half was great. Puel changed nothing, which i thought wasnt right, but apparently laid into them and it was the right choice

I dont think it was the game for Simpson though and Puel shouldnt have started him imo.

18 minutes ago, the fox said:

They're a team that are similar to us, but their centre midfield played much better than ours which is probably the difference.

• Like 4