Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

9 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

cP?

Could be. Like I said many times before, I'm neither for or against Puel. If the owner thinks that keeping him is good for the club then so be it. If he wants to sack him then so be it. What's important is the the club not managers or players.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Gray had the most chances the first half and tested the keeper ok at least once. His goal in the second half was great. Puel changed nothing, which i thought wasnt right, but apparently laid into them and it was the right choice

I dont think it was the game for Simpson though and Puel shouldnt have started him imo.

He had the most chances the first half, but there were so, so many times when he gave the ball away or dribbled his way into a situation where he should have passed through it and it was painfully obvious Maddison should have started there.

3 minutes ago, 49er said:

Wolves' second goal should not have stood as the ball was outside the quadrant when the corner kick was taken

True.    Why hawk-eye cannot sort that one out is a mystery.

If Maguire is going let's get benkovic back now and get him and soyenchu playing together ready for next season 

Simpson was shocking all game he left his side exposed and Mendy had a poor game , ndidi seems to have lost his way a little this season and for the love of God if we get a new manager let him play to vardys strength and use the immense pace we have in our side .

We have one of the youngest sides in the league and some very promising young talent 

We just need the right man to come in and show them the way ,this unrest can't be doing them any good and I'm sure some will be looking for a way out 

19 minutes ago, the fox said:

An awful team still won. They are inconsistent (beating spurs than losing to CP the next game) but they scored enough goals to win.

That’s my point though. We were beaten by a team that played badly so I’m not taken much solace in the fact they are a good side.

They played into our hands today and we still lost.

• Like 1

Been out since football ended and not got time to read the whole thread, but i can guess what its like.

I'll just echo what every one else has said then - good game that after a slow start, finally found a way through a packed defence. Good subs by puel? And things are looking up ?????????????????????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well that was game of the season, just sad that we lost it! I feel knackered after watching that! It was the best going forward we've been since Southampton away last season. All of the forward players did well. Anyone who thinks that was boring needs to have a word with themselves.

As for our defence... totally shambolic. All of them, Simpson, Maguire, Morgan and Evans culpable for conceding. But you can't blame the manager for that, they were all individual errors and Puel was telling them to calm down at the 90 minute mark.

We won't go down this season, so it's all about trying to bed in new players and improve. Gray was good today, Barnes had an impact. Get behind the team I say!

One of the few posts of common sense realism on here. Dreadfully naïve defending, considering how solid we've been so far. I think Puel had the midfield set up right but still cannot find anyone to link up with Vardy, which is probably more to do with the formation he's using. The back four, with the possible exception of Evans, were very poor and almost lost as if they weren't communicating with each other.

How on earth did Morgan, with all his experience, not anticipate the ball over the top for Wolve's 3rd goal and react sooner. By the time he got the ball down off his chest, Jota still had the space and time to knock it forward and leave Wes for dead.

Despite his goal, WM is one of our (many) liabilities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

Awful today, surely this plonker can't be in a job any longer

Defensively, yes, when normally we're pretty decent there. 3 goals away from home against a good, newly promoted team with players I'd quite like to see here? Not as bad as you imply. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Defensively, yes, when normally we're pretty decent there. 3 goals away from home against a good, newly promoted team with players I'd quite like to see here? Not as bad as you imply. 

2-0 in the first 10 minutes. no one can shoot nor defend and don't get me started on that abomination of a 'midfield' should cut their wages, not worth that much money. i can find better in the U18 team down the road

We handed this game to them on a plate. Not only are we too easy to play against but every goal they scored was avoidable and some sort of balls up from us was involved. 

Gray and then Simpson to blame for the first. Gray gives the ball away. Simpson lets the man run in from behind him. 

Second goal, Ricardo loses his man giving him a free run on Maguire. 

Third goal. Firstly N’Didi. He stood off of Neves and then let him wander 10 yards forward before pinging a ball over the top of Morgan. What on Earth was N’Didi doing? He didn’t even consider closing him down. 

Fourth goal. Firstly a dreadful attempt of a ball into their box (can’t remember who from) then Neves is again given the freedom of the pitch. Plays a skewed ball forward which Evans half heartedly goes for and Chilwell lets the ball run by and we are 2 on 2 under pressure. EDIT - it was N’Didi. The bloke who can’t pass for shit tries Hollywood in the 93rd lol 

The defending was a shambles an absolute disgrace. I actually thought we looked ok going forward. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

We handed this game to them on a plate. Not only are we too easy to play against but every goal they scored was avoidable and some sort of balls up from us was involved. 

Gray and then Simpson to blame for the first. Gray gives the ball away. Simpson lets the man run in from behind him. 

Second goal, Ricardo loses his man giving him a free run on Maguire. 

Third goal. Firstly N’Didi. He stood off of Neves and then let him wander 10 yards forward before pinging a ball over the top of Morgan. What on Earth was N’Didi doing? He didn’t even consider closing him down. 

Fourth goal. Firstly a dreadful attempt of a ball into their box (can’t remember who from) then Neves is again given the freedom of the pitch. Plays a skewed ball forward which Evans half heartedly goes for and Chilwell lets the ball run by and we are 2 on 2 under pressure. The defending was a shambles an absolute disgrace. I actually thought we looked ok going forward. 

someone who knows the rules could clarify this for me, but should the 4th goal have been disallowed?

the goal scorer was well in an offside position when the ball was played to the guy who passed to him, given that the ball was then passed to him, wouldn’t that have given him an advantage even though he was onside when he received it?