Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

16 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I'll be disappointed if Top sacks him now, especially if he doesn't have a decent Manager ready to come in. 

I'm not saying Puel will be able to address some of the issues, but I just don't see the point in changing now with so little to play for.

I thought we played OK today and some of the attacks were great to watch. Of course, the defending was a horror show and yes you can question individual errors again but Puel must also take responsibility for starting Simpson and Wes, as well as keeping the N'didi/Mendy partnership together. 

I think his system is flawed. We either defend well, but struggle to break teams down, or we attack well but get exposed at the back. He needs to figure this out and make changes to it, rather than persisting with it, as well as players like Wes, Simpson and Mendy/N'didi. 

He still should get to the summer IMO. We then can have a thorough assessment of all aspects under Puel and whether his strengths outweigh his weaknesses and what the future looks like under him. 

I dont think owners of a business would give the reigns of responsibility to a person at such a definitive time as a summertransfer window when hes not yet shown he can drive the business forward. Imo ?

Edited by bfox
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

??? We've been playing football for 135yrs now and we still can't win every game..

You'd think we might have learnt the game by now. But no....

I actually think that's the dumbest response I've ever had to one of my posts.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

The final goal is legit by the rules but agree the rules are silly. The presence of Jota affects the CB's decision as to whether to vacate their central position and shift out wide to help the full back. They don't because of him and their wide player is able to get the cross in easier - an advantage.

I have always thought the rule is wrong since it’s change

if a player wants to put pressure on the keeper then fine but I think it should be changed back so that the forward must regain an onside position by recovering his line with the defence before he can receive the ball again.  That’s how it used to be. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

you got the wrong guy

image.png.48e0c9afa9e80a4e4d62dca337851eed.png

I'm not even going to start on him jesus. Cost us the game agianst southampton and terrible again today. I expect choudhury to replace him in midfield along side a new midfielder bought in the summer. But I can't see ndidi getting into the starting 11 next season if we get two decent midfielders next window. Who knows though he is still young he can improve technically but I'd like to see more composure from him.

Edited by Fightforever

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I have always thought the rule is wrong since it’s change

if a player wants to put pressure on the keeper then fine but I think it should be changed back so that the forward must regain an onside position by recovering his line with the defence before he can receive the ball again.  That’s how it used to be. 

Whatever it should be, it was changed 15 years ago and these are premier League players and know the situation.

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

Can't see this team improving with Ndidi and Mendy in the middle. They both make too many mistakes. 

Ya right, neither of them are capable of making simple passes without giving the ball away more often than not. Just don’t get why The boy Hamza was dropped today, he was one of the few who performed well against Southampton. 

Just pi$$ off Claude, you’re regressive. 

Our weaknesses have been spotlighted in this match.  Few can now argue that changes must not be made.

We should fix the roof while the sun is shining.  We are in a fortuitous position of having sufficient points and games remaining this season to ensure that we are not relegated.  Time then to move out the players going downhill and bring in the ones who have the potential but need the time on the pitch to reach that potential.  To delay this until next season would be risky.

Edited by Crinklyfox
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Just want to add that regardless of what people feel about the manager, the outlook for the club IMO still looks good, in that our young players are getting better. Barnes had a bit of a nightmare first half, but you can see what he offers and he will only improve. Maddison when he came on could have (should have?) scored and Gray's finish was brilliant. Today was the first time in many, many games that our attack looked cohesive.

So even if the manager does leave, there is plenty to still be excited about. This was always going to be a transition season, and the newer players are developing. Whether it's Puel in charge or not next season I don't know, but I hope we persevere with our young guns. The only one that needs sorting out is Nacho! Not even ready when he was called on! Poor attitude from the player, and that's something I don't want to see.

We are still so limited though due to how disjointed we look in central midfield and in defence at times. Also, Vardy still has little joy even in an open game like today. Today was definitely a game for Maddison from the start, had he been in the 10 and Gray out right with Ricardo in for Simpson then we would have had more joy without the reckless abandon. 

Don’t want to slag Morgan off to much but he was caught 4 times today by the same ball. Again I can’t even remember Vardy having a shot? Unless we win two out the next 3 which I can’t see it happing he’ll probably be gone. Doesn't really matter losing 4-0 or 4-3 still 0 points. Only going one way under Puel