Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

Why oh why do we start slowly. The manager doesn’t want it, so why on earth are the players so sluggish out of the blocks. To give a two goal head start was criminal. However credit where credit is due, I didn’t see that comeback coming. We went too much for it at times, leading to the third goal. Got the equaliser again, and that should of been it, but we got carried away and caught up in the adrenaline rush and got done again at the death (naievity of youth perhaps). Kasper was furious, Claude had his head in his hands. Taking the positive it’s good to see the spirit and fight in the second half that some have questioned, good to see Harvey find the net (shouldn’t have come off for me) and good to see us score three times. A great midlands Derby in the end, a shame we were on the wrong end of it ?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We need an experienced cm with skill on the ball. Or at least can pass.

Definitely agree with this, but these players are very hard to find, especially in England.. One of the reasons why the national team was so poor for so long was the lack of good ones. Even in the summer, we were crying out for a Rakitic / Modric type of player (either type, or even both!). The last English skillful midfielder was Paul Scholes as not even Gerrard or Lampard were the types that "ran the game" IMO.

So we would have to buy players from abroad, but a word of warning; Iborra and Silva did not work out.

If Fulham go down, I'd take Seri, if not the scouting team need to find one from somewhere. Even if we can find one, actually getting them in will be even trickier. But I hope we can find one!

To be honest even though he's inconsistent, Maddison is the first English player I have seen in 10 years that actually has a clue about how to pass between the lines. He's just not at the Eriksen / David Silva level yet (if he can ever get to that level).

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I agree, can’t believe the fans and media haven’t sacked Silva yet.

Makes no sense, every club I have seen silva at they have been poor, he relegated a team as well. Yet every time Puel has managed in the PL he has finished top half 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

53 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Puel was furious that we didnt manage the game at the end and wanted us to calm down and not lose the draw. Not down to him that the players lost their heads.

That's even more worrying, strongly suggests the players don't listen to him anymore.

Time to go!

8 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

That's even more worrying, strongly suggests the players don't listen to him anymore.

Time to go!

Obviously gave them a bollocking at half time otherwise we wouldn’t have come out and get two goals in five minutes, so to say he’s lost the entire dressing room is a bit of a stretch. They got caught up in the excitement of the game today and got punished for pushing to high up and losing possession

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cityfox60 said:

How about splashing out & getting Eddie Howe in? Would he come though??

Bournemouth’s first win in five today having conceded 17!!!! In those games.... but yeah sure. 

• Thanks 1

Thought we were the better team today but we were just undone by our

defensive deficiencies. I still think we're only a couple of signings from

having a really good side.

On Puel I'm on the fence, given time and money he could sort the squad

and build a great team but he does himself no favours with his team selections.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

So many knee jerk reactions on here after a really cruel defeat where our defending has been poor. People saying the defence is generally terrible and Puel has done nothing to improve it when in fact over the season as a whole only the top 4 have conceded fewer goals. People also saying that we can't defend corners when in fact under Puel this season I can't remember the last time we conceded from one before today

But all that said, you have to hold Puel responsible for the tactics today, which seemed odd from the start. The way to beat Wolves is to suffocate their CM and stop them hitting long diagonal balls behind your defence. That tactic even worked for Huddersfield. So what do we do? Give Neves and Moutinho acres of space and time all afternoon and play as high a line as we possibly can for them to hit balls into. Just suicidal. 

Feel so gutted after that defeat, more gutted than I have for a long time, as it was just so avoidable. Having worked so hard to draw level, it is almost too much to bear that we then threw it all away at the end. What makes it worse is knowing that the chances are that we'll lose the next 3 games too. 

Against Brighton about 7 weeks ago

1 minute ago, Corky said:

At least we can put to bed this notion that people will accept losing games if the entertainment is better.

Another game done, another week of speculation about the manager, another week of arguing on here.

We were entertaining only because we went a goal down after 4 minutes and 2 goals down after 12. Otherwise it wouldnt have been the case hence why he selected Simpson so he could play 2 right backs and Ndidi/Mendy pivot. He wanted to set us up defensively.

After 12 minutes we had no choice but to chase the game and be ‘entertaining’. Puels intention definitely wasn’t to set us up that way.

Not that it will stop his defenders using it as an excuse for the next week or so.

At least we can put to bed this notion that people will accept losing games if the entertainment is better.

Another game done, another week of speculation about the manager, another week of arguing on here.

Not everyone. We lost because we tried to win that's ok with me but seemingly that's an unpopular view. First half was shocking 2nd was decent.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Odd argument.

Do you think we would have played an attacking style of football if we hadn't been 2 goals down?

worst defensive performance ive seen for years by anybody in the premier league. Level it up with 3 minutes to go and we are still all over the place they miss 2 sitters before they get the winner after our equaliser. We were so wide open it's unbelievable any ball from 60 yards opens us up embarrassing.

In fairness, I’m much happier watching that kind of game than games like Palace a few weeks back. It was entertaining to watch and we were unfortunate to get beaten trying to win the game. 

I’d much rather see the team actively try to win games and get stung once in a while than accept draws. It’s just a shame how it ended today. 

• Like 2