Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I just think Ndidi needs dropping for a few games, he is a better player than what he is showing 

I agree, and I think he has probably had too much football over a long period. Fatigue does encourage mistakes, and there is absolutely nowhere to hide when you are part of a midfield 2, often paying against a 3.

17 minutes ago, shade said:

someone who knows the rules could clarify this for me, but should the 4th goal have been disallowed?

the goal scorer was well in an offside position when the ball was played to the guy who passed to him, given that the ball was then passed to him, wouldn’t that have given him an advantage even though he was onside when he received it?

It’s all to do with phases now isn’t it, and because he wasn’t interfering when in an offside position it’s not offside. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I agree, and I think he has probably had too much football over a long period. Fatigue does encourage mistakes, and there is absolutely nowhere to hide when you are part of a midfield 2, often paying against a 3.

Based on his recent performances, I'd say Hamza deserves a run in the team. If that's at the expense of Mendy or Ndidi, so be it. Wilf seems to give the ball away so often these days and looks laboured in his play. Perhaps a rest might bring him back to his best again.

49 minutes ago, Bert said:

We handed this game to them on a plate. Not only are we too easy to play against but every goal they scored was avoidable and some sort of balls up from us was involved. 

Gray and then Simpson to blame for the first. Gray gives the ball away. Simpson lets the man run in from behind him. 

Second goal, Ricardo loses his man giving him a free run on Maguire. 

Third goal. Firstly N’Didi. He stood off of Neves and then let him wander 10 yards forward before pinging a ball over the top of Morgan. What on Earth was N’Didi doing? He didn’t even consider closing him down. 

Fourth goal. Firstly a dreadful attempt of a ball into their box (can’t remember who from) then Neves is again given the freedom of the pitch. Plays a skewed ball forward which Evans half heartedly goes for and Chilwell lets the ball run by and we are 2 on 2 under pressure. EDIT - it was N’Didi. The bloke who can’t pass for shit tries Hollywood in the 93rd lol 

The defending was a shambles an absolute disgrace. I actually thought we looked ok going forward. 

I'd argue on the second - Ricardo had three to deal with on his own, they'd all camped up on the edge (Dad did say the same as they shaped to put the corner in). Hiding to nothing with that and needs someone to move across and help him. 

Agreed that Ndidi is directly culpable for two goals though, not sure how people are rating Mendy worse than him today (not that Mendy had a good game either, they dominated the centre of the park)

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Forget today's game, my point is about exciting young players coming through to the first team, and rallying around the team because of it. Even if you hate the manager and want him to leave, these players will still be here and they have tremendous potential. That's why all of us should be excited about being Leicester City fans.

Ndidi, Barnes, Gray, Chilwell all started. Maddison came on.

We have signed two exciting centre backs in Soyuncu and Benkovic. Choudhury has played well every time he's been selected. All 3 will get more game time next season.

We will need to sign some more players, but the fact that we continue to trim the squad with Iborra and Benny already leaving means that we can expect more transfers coming into the club in the summer.

You don't win anything with kids ??

• Like 2

I don't know how many times under Puel I've seen good offensive performance only when we are behind..

Why can't he do that right from the start I never know.

It's not difficult to expect attacking play when we are 1 or 2 down, any manager would do that so I'm not sure if I should rate that.

Edited by KingKoala
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s all to do with phases now isn’t it, and because he wasn’t interfering when in an offside position it’s not offside. 

I get he wasn’t interfering with play but the ball was getting passed to him how much more in play could he of been. Rubbish rule.

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Forget today's game, my point is about exciting young players coming through to the first team, and rallying around the team because of it. Even if you hate the manager and want him to leave, these players will still be here and they have tremendous potential. That's why all of us should be excited about being Leicester City fans.

Ndidi, Barnes, Gray, Chilwell all started. Maddison came on.

We have signed two exciting centre backs in Soyuncu and Benkovic. Choudhury has played well every time he's been selected. All 3 will get more game time next season.

We will need to sign some more players, but the fact that we continue to trim the squad with Iborra and Benny already leaving means that we can expect more transfers coming into the club in the summer.

It seems you are preferring watching youth league, sometimes me too. I agree with you that Hamza and Maddison developing very well, but imo you can forget about the rest of the names you mentioned. There are no young and old players, there are only good and bad footballers. 

Unfortunately, we have more of the second category. That's why we need a new manager who prefers a good mix of young and experienced players and no coach who wants to play with average young players and mostly bad tactics in the PL.

In Claude's defense, he asked his team for a response after a dreadful start - and got it. They attacked very effectively and gafs aside, Gray behind Vardy was not a bad combo.  He got let down by some simply dreadful defending. Simpson finally gets a chance to start, he needed to do better.  And Wes got burned twice.  Those breakdowns aside, they were decent.  

If you replace the manager with 3 big clubs coming up and go 0-3, then where are you?  I'd let it ride with Claude for the time being.  Maybe we're seeing the ex player come out in him a little bit.  He was fired up on the sidelines today - a little more of that.

Still you get the feeling that this team is underachieving. Top has a big, big decision to make moving forward.  I just wouldn't make it this week.

Edited by TeaMen Tom
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mucfox said:

It seems you are preferring watching youth league, sometimes me too. I agree with you that Hamza and Maddison developing very well, but imo you can forget about the rest of the names you mentioned. There are no young and old players, there are only good and bad footballers. 

Unfortunately, we have more of the second category. That's why we need a new manager who prefers a good mix of young and experienced players and no coach who wants to play with average young players and mostly bad tactics in the PL.

Last season everyone on Foxes Talk slated Chilwell for being crap, but now he is England's first choice left back. Last season he was a "bad" footballer and this season he is magically a "good" footballer. How did that happen? He was given an extended run in the first team, coached correctly and worked on his own game to improve it.

Put any disdain for the manager aside for a second! We have the second youngest squad in the Premier League, behind only Liverpool. Watford who are 2 points above us have the oldest and there is a 5 year age difference between us. Being a young player is no guarantee you are going to become a good one, but there is upward growth and potential. Everton out spent us again this season but are below us. West Ham spent more than us and are on the same amount of points. We may well end the season below both, but if our players continue to develop, they may become great players and we may become a great team as a result of it. Those are mediocre teams without potential, whereas we are a mediocre team with stacks of it.

The Premier League is dominated by money. Only one team has ever won the league without a massive transfer outlay and that was us! It was 5000/1 for a reason, because statistically it shouldn't have been possible! If we ever want to break even the top 6 of teams with revenues several times greater than our own, we need to either get lucky again or think outside of the box. Our plan is to find promising youngsters, keep them together and forge a team around them. It's better than West Ham's "buy experienced pros for big money / wages" strategy IMO because their team is at it's limit, whereas for many of our players their journey has just begun.

Alex Ferguson once put his faith in a set of players; Giggs, the Nevilles, Beckham, Scholes, Butt. Not all of them were superstars, but between them they took Manchester United to another level. Claude Puel is unlikely to be the person to lead us to our next glory, but the club is laying the foundations for possible future success.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cityfox60 said:

Grrr.....just seen it again on motd?

If I hear one more player (it was Morgan on MotD) say "we have to learn from this" ??????

Well that's what you've been saying for the past few months!!...fu####g LEARN then!!?

What do you expect him to say?