Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

Benkovic needs recalling.

Ndidi isn't good enough technically to be a midfielder at a premier league level.

If Ndidi was managed well 

ie a guy next to him that can pass forward

one of the top tacklers in the league

the problem is the guy next to him, thats why he excelled with DD vision and passing range

• Like 1

Puel has to go. It’s quite simple. We aren’t even stagnating. We’re festering and the impact on players like Harry is palpable. 

Puel seems to to be able to suck the life out of the players, the club and the fans - just not the opposition. The spirit around our team and the ground has literally died. He is NOT the answer. 

Won't be sacked. 1 minute away from a very credible point at Wolves. Not the managers fault we switched off at the end. Will be a relief to see 3 goals go in as feelings were we were finished as an attacking threat. I'd imagine he'll be allowed to see out the season. Most managers are given the bullet after a performance suggesting they've lost the dressing room. This wasn't it. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Tbf I dont get why we are still starting Morgan. As Heskey said we needed an experienced head to tell the boys to calm down and he wasnt that.

But then again Puel got stick for not using enough experienced players on the pitch.  Plus Evans isnt always fit

Our squad isnt good enough and yes, is still in transition

This. Kasper took on that role today when Wes was anonymous. Time to pass on the armband once and for all. 

It’s a horrid way to lose, but if we had pulled off the win ourselves (which we could have done) we would have come out floating and saying “what a match”. 

Hamza from now on please. 

• Like 1

The final goal is legit by the rules but agree the rules are silly. The presence of Jota affects the CB's decision as to whether to vacate their central position and shift out wide to help the full back. They don't because of him and their wide player is able to get the cross in easier - an advantage.

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Puel has to go. It’s quite simple. We aren’t even stagnating. We’re festering and the impact on players like Harry is palpable. 

Puel seems to to be able to suck the life out of the players, the club and the fans - just not the opposition. The spirit around our team and the ground has literally died. He is NOT the answer. 

so there wasnt any spirit in us getting to 3-3 then?

dont get me wrong i could careless if he goes or not, as of late we seem to cause or own downfall, both goals last weekend and at least a couple today, 

looking at the whole picture for me, blame has to fall both on Puel and the players but you cant go sacking players sadly

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Having to still rely on players like Morgan and Simpson in your squad is problematic to say the least. They cost you two goals today. 

And then having a DM partnership of Ndidi/Mendy is stifling any build-up play whilst still having too many mistakes in there. Surely Choudry is better than at least one of them? Whereas at DM we use two of Neves/Moutinho/Dendoncker who are all good on the ball whilst still being combative. That contrast in CM supply line won us the points today. 

You're a good RB and DM away from challenging for Europe IMO as you're always a decent team going forward. 

Couldn’t agree more

Just now, rachhere said:

This. Kasper took on that role today when Wes was anonymous. Time to pass on the armband once and for all. 

It’s a horrid way to lose, but if we had pulled off the win ourselves (which we could have done) we would have come out floating and saying “what a match”. 

Hamza from now on please. 

No likes left but fully agree.

Hamza deserves a starting position. I would say probably I would drop Mendy as he's had a few clangers now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Having to still rely on players like Morgan and Simpson in your squad is problematic to say the least. They cost you two goals today. 

And then having a DM partnership of Ndidi/Mendy is stifling any build-up play whilst still having too many mistakes in there. Surely Choudry is better than at least one of them? Whereas at DM we use two of Neves/Moutinho/Dendoncker who are all good on the ball whilst still being combative. That contrast in CM supply line won us the points today. 

You're a good RB and DM away from challenging for Europe IMO as you're always a decent team going forward. 

We have the right back, he just wasn't playing there!

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Couldn’t disagree with this more. Puel can’t help individual errors and players having bad games, but he can set us up tactically.

Today’s game, though entertaining, was tactical naivety at its very worst.

Our players had no clue what they were meant to be doing, our midfield got torn to shreds and our defensive line was all over the place.

The game was chaos. That’s not the sign of a tactually astute manager. No premier league club should concede 4 goals against a team who were beneath us in the division AND look likely to concede with nearly every attack the opposition made.

It may have been 7 goals and a brilliant watch but it again shows a manager scratching around to try to find his best side and his best way to play them.

An example is Maguire. I never thought I’d see him play in such a clueless way as I did today. Morgan... yes... we’ve seen it before. But Maguire looks a shadow of the player he was last season. If he remains here for too long under Puel, his international career will slide to a halt.

Yes. If we lost a game on one individual error, you have to say, player at fault, one of those things, we are all human, it happens... However, we are not defending as a team, players are un-easy/unsure of whether they should press-not press etc. That is all down to what goes on the training ground week in, week out.

The players are making loads of errors, errors that keep costing us goals. There is an uncertainty amongst the players every week, which is strange after the confidence they should've got from Chelsea and Man City results... We start slow, which seems to be down to a nervousness.

One thing is for certain, whoever the manager is... the recruitment at this club has been pretty awful for 2-3 years, but also the plan keeps changing every time we sack & hire a manager, so it is no surprise.

I believe there is a plan in place, and they need to stick to it. If they sack Puel, then they need to bring in someone with similar ideas otherwise we will just keep going round in circles, trying to build Rome in 7 days... Then smashing it down and trying to rebuild it again...

• Like 2

Just seems a repeat of last season a good start which does enough to keep us safe and the rest of the season long run of poor results, how many seasons does it take surely by the end of the last season the established players should know how the system works and new players fit into it, but today the defence was playing like a Sunday pub side :)

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

If Ndidi was managed well 

ie a guy next to him that can pass forward

one of the top tacklers in the league

the problem is the guy next to him, thats why he excelled with DD vision and passing range

No one expects ndidi to split a defence but right now he can't seem to do anything. I'm not sure someone next to him would help.

I am not a Puel out person, but please never play Simpson and Wes again.   This is where I struggle to defend him.      DJ, Benko and Soyuncu are in reality all better options as they are mobile at least.   Sure they will make mistakes, but 'Hello' our most experienced defenders are fuching up time after time after time. This is the EPL, mistakes get punished.  You are being let down Puel.

He looked pretty gutted when they scored there 4th. The players should have known with how the game was he best idea in the last minute after they just nearly scored was to keep the ball instead of playing stupid long passes that was never going to work. Nothing puel can do about that but if the players are not taking notice to what he is saying then it’s not puels fault but then they need dropping in the next game to show you can’t just do as you please. Don’t see him lasting to much longer but also don’t see who will come in realistically and do better 

26 minutes ago, reynard said:

Concentration that is what is lacking. I'm no fan of Puel but just how often do we conceed at the end of the first half and at the end of the match.

Their last 2 goals more than the 1st 2,shown how this season has gone...The concentration,continually waned and often from our experienced players.

These individual mistake and simple errors can't be put down to Puel...The players the squad have given up too many points on the field...

Again,once we got back on equal terms...the game was ours to lose....the players threw it away.....

People picking at Puels selection,and using it has an hammer to get him out are really short of a few bob....Over these last few months there has been

Various selections and formations,but most have agreed with the choices,with only the odd differing choice of 1-2 players.

With Mendy,Ndidi,MorganSimpson  and Periera making mistakes leading to goals,have ripped out too much heart of our back 6..

A few weeks ago these same players (exception Ndidi) were getting the plaudits...Who do we have to call upon that we feel will change the  teams and Puels

Flaying season,then  actually batter some type of decent consistency into their play...

"Puel picks the players". Outside the top 14 players who else is there!!!

These last 2 games I must say...the losses were literally painfull..upsetting  .

.Hoping it's not an emotional knee-jerk reaction...but IMO..we/ Puel has to  get really hard!! 

Ndidi..Morgan..Simpson..and Mendy have to be dropped....with both Mendy and Ndidi not being selected we would be forced to play Silva and Choudry,

with Maddison in front...or maybe other suggestions some posters may have...

Ndidi really has struggled all season, and now Mendy is going off the boil so that isn’t helping our slow defence... Hamza does and he needs to be brought in for Mendy and Maddison for Ndidi, just have one dm not two or even three. Play an extra man preferably soyuncu at the back to help Morgan. 

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The game was chaos. That’s not the sign of a tactually astute manager. No premier league club should concede 4 goals against a team who were beneath us in the division AND look likely to concede with nearly every attack the opposition made.

Explain to me how then Man City lost 3-2 to Palace this season?

Are you saying Guardiola ain't all that tactically? (Alright it was 3 goals but whatever).

These games happen in football, especially outside the elite tier.

• Thanks 1