Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

1 minute ago, broughtonblue said:

Think the only blame to put on puel today was his summer transfer policy that left us with nacho as , supposedly our only other option up front  even though he's not scored since he was about 7 

What about the defence?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Forget today's game, my point is about exciting young players coming through to the first team, and rallying around the team because of it. Even if you hate the manager and want him to leave, these players will still be here and they have tremendous potential. That's why all of us should be excited about being Leicester City fans.

Ndidi, Barnes, Gray, Chilwell all started. Maddison came on.

We have signed two exciting centre backs in Soyuncu and Benkovic. Choudhury has played well every time he's been selected. All 3 will get more game time next season.

We will need to sign some more players, but the fact that we continue to trim the squad with Iborra and Benny already leaving means that we can expect more transfers coming into the club in the summer.

Agreed, but find it baffling why he dropped Choudary today. What kind of message does that send out to a player who has been our stand-out CM in recent games. 

Soyuncu is another one who should be playing now. Wes is out of contract in the summer and not the future here. We are comfortable in the league and this is the perfect opportunity to give him game time. 

Maddison should have started too, but that could be down to what happened this week.

I just hope we don't see Simpson, Morgan and no Choudary in our next game, as it would just add to the continued baffling decisions Puel is making with some of these selections. 

Excited times for sure though, in terms of these players coming through! Whether Puel next season or someone else, they will have a very solid foundation to build on in terms of young, exciting players here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Puel was furious that we didnt manage the game at the end and wanted us to calm down and not lose the draw. Not down to him that the players lost their heads.

Down to him that he selected Wes and Simpson though, as well as N'did/Mendy. Very poor decisions and certainly added to our downfall in that game, on top of individual errors. 

He must take some responsibility and I'm very curious what he does for the next game. I'll be gutted if we see those 4 selected again, as it shows he simply isn't learning from his mistakes. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Agreed, but find it baffling why he dropped Choudary today. What kind of message does that send out to a player who has been our stand-out CM in recent games. 

Soyuncu is another one who should be playing now. Wes is out of contract in the summer and not the future here. We are comfortable in the league and this is the perfect opportunity to give him game time. 

Maddison should have started too, but that could be down to what happened this week.

I just hope we don't see Simpson, Morgan and no Choudary in our next game, as it would just add to the continued baffling decisions Puel is making with some of these selections.  

Excited times for sure though, in terms of these players coming through! Whether Puel next season or someone else, they will have a very solid foundation to build on in terms of young, exciting players here. 

Maddison is understandable, but why we are persisting with Wes is beyond me. He should be used sparingly and in early rounds of the cups, not be part of our first choice CB paring. Hamza has played well and not really done anything wrong in every game this sesaon, he hasn't made any major errors such as a red card or a bad backpass, yet he gets dropped.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Dumb response to a dumb statement :whistle:

Well you're right about the first bit.

I'd like to think the team might actually learn from their mistakes, and use game management to protect a draw rather than defend like drains and lose. To concede one late winner is careless, to do it twice is bad, but to do it a third time in five games is idiocy.

But if you're OK with that, then fine...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Puel was furious that we didnt manage the game at the end and wanted us to calm down and not lose the draw. Not down to him that the players lost their heads.

Yeah Heskey made a similar point. Young players get excited and want to attack but the senior pros have to take responsibility and slow the game down and calm everybody. We had plenty of experience in that team with the likes of Wes and Kasper but everybody was in kamikaze mode.

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Down to him that he selected Wes and Simpson though, as well as N'did/Mendy. Very poor decisions and certainly added to our downfall in that game, on top of individual errors. 

He must take some responsibility and I'm very curious what he does for the next game. I'll be gutted if we see those 4 selected again, as it shows he simply isn't learning from his mistakes. 

I dont really want to argue about his set up for the game. I did not like his starting 11.

But on this particular point, that draw was there for the taking, Puel was screaming for them to calm down and they didnt. Mendy and Wes should both know better.

So tactics can be debated and the team, sure. But at the end of the day we had the draw in the palm of our hand and we threw it away :(

Gutting

I think it's very unfair that so many Foxes fans are scolding Wes Morgan. If the final score was 3:3, he would probably have been a hero. 

What about Maguire and Chilwell, anyway? What are they playing??? One is slow and can't really play football, the other is fast but unfortunately can't pass and cross the ball to his teammates. Imo, the two most overrated players in the whole PL.

I don't want to talk about Ndidi, Mendy and some others anymore...Just sad

• Like 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

I agree with all of that.

But listen, I am a "glass half full" kind of a guy! We all love the club and want to do well. A defeat like today is especially hard to take, and is almost as bad as the last time we lost 4-3 to Wolves! I just think that as a fanbase we are guilty of being too negative. Are we under performing? Yes. Will the manager ever resonate with the fans? No. But the King Power group believe in long-term strategic planning to achieve success and we are seeing the results of those plans start to take shape. If the manager leaves, no worries, the next one has a ton of exciting young players to work with. By the start of the 2019/20 season we will probably see more of the older players like Shinji, Fuchs, Simpson and King leave and more young players will be here to play for us. We still have the spine of Kasper, Evans and Vardy to keep us out of trouble.

People want the manager out, that's cool because they care for the club. But I am saying that even if you are unhappy with what you are seeing on a weekly basis, there is still room to be optimistic! There is a chance this will all work out in a couple of seasons time!

tenor.gif?itemid=4933650

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Puel is generally at fault for his negative attitude however today the players were completely responsible for that result.   

1 minute ago, mucfox said:

I think it's very unfair that so many Foxes fans are scolding Wes Morgan. If the final score was 3:3, he would probably have been a hero. 

What about Maguire and Chilwell, anyway? What are they playing??? One is slow and can't really play football, the other is fast but unfortunately can't pass and cross the ball to his teammates. Imo, the two most overrated players in the whole PL.

I don't want to talk about Ndidi, Mendy and some others anymore...Just sad

Morgan has had it, unfair maybe but over the past two seasons he has been very unreliable... his legs have gone 

• Like 1

I’ve been Puel in just because of craving stability but certainly wouldn’t shed a tear if he left. First thing I always do when looking at team sheet is check if Morgan is starting. My heart sinks a little every time he does. In my opinion, he’s not been good enough for two years now. 

Ultimately, we just have too many players in key positions who simply don’t have a football brain. Morgan is one but Ndidi, Mendy, Gray (had a decent game today), Simpson are just as bad. Really disappointed to see Hamza dropped who I think has been one of our best players for the last month. Ndidi’s pass in injury time was so stupid I could have cried. Sums him up really. It’s not so much about the ability to play the pass but the thought that it was the right pass to play. 

Really not sure what happens next but if Morgan, Ndidi and Mendy all start the next game, I think it would make my mind up for me. 

Have to agree that midfield is utterly blown. Not a fan really of resigning Drinkwater, but a loan until the end of the season might help all parties. He can actually pass the ball and one of our two current DM’s might find his contribution helpful. Would still just be papering over massive cracks though. 

34 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Forget today's game, my point is about exciting young players coming through to the first team, and rallying around the team because of it. Even if you hate the manager and want him to leave, these players will still be here and they have tremendous potential. That's why all of us should be excited about being Leicester City fans.

Ndidi, Barnes, Gray, Chilwell all started. Maddison came on.

We have signed two exciting centre backs in Soyuncu and Benkovic. Choudhury has played well every time he's been selected. All 3 will get more game time next season.

We will need to sign some more players, but the fact that we continue to trim the squad with Iborra and Benny already leaving means that we can expect more transfers coming into the club in the summer.

Well said, totally agree with you on what you say 

• Like 1