Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

Four qualiteees to only one intensiteee for Claude’s interview today. Bit unbalanced.

Two personaliteees a consistenseee and a naiveteee as well though.

He said it was a fantastic performance.

His last comment ..... it’s finished.

I think he may know he’s gone.

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Problem is Morgan has been undroppable under 4 managers now and nobody knows why, it's almost as if he's got some sort of grip on the team, I would not be surprised to see a new manager come in and pick him also. Puel should not be accepting these mistakes, Morgan needs dropping but i guess we differ in approach, some players are loyal, Klopp was loyal for ages to his goalkeepers it took him nearly 3 years to replace them with someone competent. The issue is who do we play instead? It's not as if Evans or Soyuncu don't have a clanger in them. Soyuncu has looked Shakey at times in his short appearances but he's also been a rock in others. would Evans and Maguire work?

The irony I see in all of this is that we did what the fans wanted today. We attacked, it backfired. Fans all over the Facebook groups are now saying we should have gone for the draw, yet if he had done that he would have got backlash from other fans saying we should be going for the win. Puel cannot win with our fans and for that reason I feel for him on a human level. I just wish he was more brutal. I hope he goes in to the dressing room and rips them to shreds for their defensive performance. 

Fair point on 4 managers picking him. I think it’s just time for him to go. He’s a big figure in the dressing room. Maybe it’s time for a change. 

For the first time in my life i actually laughed when we scored.. when morgan scored. At that point it was just this bizarre feeling of emotion. Slate him all game and then he pops up and tucks one in lol. The man is well past his sell by. Same for simpson. Calamitous. Comedy duo today. Time to give em a rolex and move them on.

Horrific defending. And why do we consistently start games looking slow, lethargic and cumbersome. We make it look like its the 70th minute when its the first.

Again a starting lineup like no other. No consistency, no oppprtunity for the players to gel and become cohesive with one another either. 

Management is poor. Wouldnt give a damn if puel was sacked. He has no bond at all with the fans. Doesnt look like he has much of one with the players either and crucially I think that shows on the pitch.

We have nothing to really play for this season other than seeing progression, we were a nightmare at the back and I feel it is time for Simpson and Morgan to go. But the young players in attack were very good and I felt we could score, get an extra striker and replace Simpson and Morgan and I think we can still move forward with Puel certain players don’t suit what he wants from this team. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Puel, I think, is insane. Insane because, barring player problems, he knew the correct tactics to play against Wolves. We all did. We saw them against Chelsea and Everton and Man City. And we saw them work, spectacularly. But he chose not to use them. Instead, he played exciting, attacking football, the kind of football most of the fans wanted him to play, but knew were the wrong tactics for this game. But he played those tactics anyway. On purpose. And I'm starting to think he's more than insane: I think he's also a bit of a bastard. In the last few weeks he's come out fighting. He's fought, in the press, with this critics. And he's got straight to the point and he's tried to win no friends and he's been blunt. I'm starting to think he played the wrong tactics as a middle finger to his critics: "You want exciting, attacking football? Well: here it is. And we're not ready for it yet. Pipe down." He's truly wonderful for young players, but for everyone else, under that ribbed gilet waitcoast, there truly is a combatitive, stubborn bastard who will fight his critics but not how they want and not how they expect. I was entertained today, sad we lost but most of all surprised, after being constantly surprised this season, by our mystery of a manager.

No his game-plan was changed because we conceded after a few mins then again 8 mins later, dont kid yourself

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

They did. I like Maguire, but he's nowhere near a 60m player. He is good on the ball, but at being a defender he makes a lot of mistakes. In fact I would say that in general he makes more mistakes than Morgan and well... look at Morgan's performance today :facepalm:

Just now, The Doctor said:

No it wouldn't, don't be daft. There's no way he's interfering with play, the pass goes nowhere near him. 

"If any of my players is not interfering with play then they're not getting paid"

Brian Clough on the offside rule

• Haha 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

No it wouldn't, don't be daft. There's no way he's interfering with play, the pass goes nowhere near him. 

true but how many times have you seen an offside for us when the ball isnt going anywhere near the said player whos offside, seen it a number of times this season tbh, 

though i guess its more the officials view on it all

but meh

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

They did. I like Maguire, but he's nowhere near a 60m player. He is good on the ball, but at being a defender he makes a lot of mistakes. In fact I would say that in general he makes more mistakes than Morgan and well... look at Morgan's performance today :facepalm:

Good on the ball, or was - looks slow and rigid against nimble forwards 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don’t understand why they didn’t take him off earlier, he was clearly struggling 

Here's what the manager said:

"It was an unbelievable game. I think we have a lot of different feelings in this game, we started with poor intentions and conceded two early goals. It was crazy, we come back into the game with good quality and good chances. We lacked quality in our play but we came back with fantastic spirit in the second half. We came back with desire, aggression and put Wolves under pressure.

"We made good pressing, continued our intensity but conceded a third goal after a fantastic feeling to come back but to finish 4-3, we need to waste some time. We didn't manage the game at the end, we were naive in our goals and our management at the end of the game.

"This game is finished [at 3-3] - we needed to keep our position without trying to score another goal because there was a lot of tiredness. It was a fantastic feeling [to come back] and of course it is a big disappointment at the end."

Just now, 5waller5 said:

"If any of my players is not interfering with play then they're not getting paid"

Brian Clough on the offside rule

I don't really care what a long dead bully has to say on the offside rule tbqh. A pass angled at the other side of the pitch is not involving the offside player, suggesting otherwise is madness

34 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

We will be a different team with Amartey, Benkovic and Soyuncu next season with Simpson and Morgan out the door. And make no mistake about it, they are the reason we were so leaky today.

Anybody slagging Puel after that needs their head checked. Wolves are very good and have much better passers than us. You want to attack? This is what happens, you become susceptible to counter attacks and Wolves were clinical.

This was the 2019 version of the Watford/Leicester playoff. It's a character building game for our young team. We didn't sack Nige off the back of that game remember and went on to win the Championship the next season so STFU and show a bit of faith in the manager.

We are a few signings off being a really good team.

The players play for him so we should support him, end of.

Couldn’t disagree with this more. Puel can’t help individual errors and players having bad games, but he can set us up tactically.

Today’s game, though entertaining, was tactical naivety at its very worst.

Our players had no clue what they were meant to be doing, our midfield got torn to shreds and our defensive line was all over the place.

The game was chaos. That’s not the sign of a tactually astute manager. No premier league club should concede 4 goals against a team who were beneath us in the division AND look likely to concede with nearly every attack the opposition made.

It may have been 7 goals and a brilliant watch but it again shows a manager scratching around to try to find his best side and his best way to play them.

An example is Maguire. I never thought I’d see him play in such a clueless way as I did today. Morgan... yes... we’ve seen it before. But Maguire looks a shadow of the player he was last season. If he remains here for too long under Puel, his international career will slide to a halt.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

No his game-plan was changed because we conceded after a few mins then again 8 mins later, dont kid yourself

He did not start with three DMs. We all knew this was the best tactic. And so did he. But he chose not to. And it's insane, and a mystery unless you fit it into his previous combatitive behaviour.

Yes we attacked today but had no choice as we were 2-0 down. We only seem to attack after we concede in away games.

Still no chances created from corners but at least we scored from a free kick

School boy defending from all

What is the point in Mendy ?

Should have left Barnes on and taken Simpson off 

At least we won't lose next weekend

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Couldn’t disagree with this more. Puel can’t help individual errors and players having bad games, but he can set us up tactically.

Today’s game, though entertaining, was tactical naivety at its very worst.

Our players had no clue what they were meant to be doing, our midfield got torn to shreds and our defensive line was all over the place.

The game was chaos. That’s not the sign of a tactually astute manager. No premier league club should concede 4 goals against a team who were beneath us in the division AND look likely to concede with nearly every attack the opposition made.

It may have been 7 goals and a brilliant watch but it again shows a manager scratching around to try to find his best side and his best way to play them.

An example is Maguire. I never thought I’d see him play in such a clueless way as I did today. Morgan... yes... we’ve seen it before. But Maguire looks a shadow of the player he was last season. If he remains here for too long under Puel, his international career will slide to a halt.

:appl:

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I don't really care what a long dead bully has to say on the offside rule tbqh. A pass angled at the other side of the pitch is not involving the offside player, suggesting otherwise is madness

Calm down sweetheart, was merely adding, what I thought, was an entertaining quote on the subject. For what it's worth i agree he wasn't interfering so you can untwist your knickers now!

Edited by 5waller5

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Odd you are so critical of an excellent football manager who was a bully but so protective of your precious Pearson who is a very limited football manager and a bully. 

Carry on though. 

• Haha 1