Stadt Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 Quite sure he’ll have much better offers than us in the summer, it’d be a coup if we got him.
FrankieADZ Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said: Even with some fans dismissing this down to the squad he had available, it is still extraodinary. Especially to do it with such a young squad, blended nicely with some quality experience like Moutinho and Falcao. not forgetting that some of the other teams around them mainly PSG were still spending big too personally i think he'd be a decent choice for us, since he'd still try to promote youth too, of course he wont be liked by some sections, probably for the fact they dont know him and only go by getting sacked last time out, and would rather have Pearson back..... and if he has a twitter account too, the poor sod should delete it too with the amount of mongy LCFC fans that crop up after a defeat or not doing things the way they like
Ian Nacho Posted 20 January 2019 Author Posted 20 January 2019 He thinks Ghezzal is crap so would be a selling point for some fans
Happy Fox Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 Either him or Rodgers for me, he was rated 6th best manager in the world by FourFourTwo back in 2017. His credentials are really good and he would be a step up from Puel.
Sir Shep Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 Only if he can win his first 10 games and somehow shoehorn us back into the FA cup or it’s a no for me.
Nicolo Barella Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 I am very much Puel in. But I wouldn't mind losing him for Jardim.
Dahnsouff Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said: I am very much Puel in. But I wouldn't mind losing him for Jardim. It’s a funny one. Not Puel in or out but do recognise the difficulties he faces. This guy I reckon will be a disaster.
Clever Fox Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said: I am very much Puel in. But I wouldn't mind losing him for Jardim. Why? What am I missing. He lost 10 on the trot in an inferior league. Why do you think he could be a success here. I'm just curious.
Nicolo Barella Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said: It’s a funny one. Not Puel in or out but do recognise the difficulties he faces. This guy I reckon will be a disaster. Really? I think he would probably do alright here. His eventual failings had a lot to do with a deteriorating relationship with the board, poor transfers (in and out), and bad luck with injuries. I will admit to being no expert on him though, just going of what I have read off the internet. Puel is doing a fine job for me though.
FrankieADZ Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 1 minute ago, Clever Fox said: Why? What am I missing. He lost 10 on the trot in an inferior league. Why do you think he could be a success here. I'm just curious. wasnt something like this said when Raneri joined us after getting sacked by Greece?
Dahnsouff Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 Just now, Nicolo Barella said: Really? I think he would probably do alright here. His eventual failings had a lot to do with a deteriorating relationship with the board, poor transfers (in and out), and bad luck with injuries. I will admit to being no expert on him though, just going of what I have read off the internet. Puel is doing a fine job for me though. Cannot at all back my statement up, so sorry for the negativity! Maybe it’s because my true colours are revealed and I have fallen off the fence into a Puel inner
Nicolo Barella Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 Just now, Clever Fox said: Why? What am I missing. He lost 10 on the trot in an inferior league. Why do you think he could be a success here. I'm just curious. For starters, Monaco lost some of their best players in the transfer window (Fabinho, Lemar) and suffered some serious injuries to other key players (Subasic, Glik amongst others) which left them with a squad filled with a lot of inexperienced, young players. This doesn't excuse Jardim entirely at all, but its not all his fault Monaco was in the position they were in - the board did not support him and he failed to deliver. But that was just this season. The previous seasons, he did very, very well. I would be happy with him.
foxfanazer Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said: Someone should go on Wikipedia and update it to say he is our manager, that “trick” always make it happen..... Or get #announcejardim trending on twitter
Vindaloo FOX Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 I'm Puel in but can't be to sad if we got Jardim, not gonna happen though.
volpeazzurro Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said: Really? I think he would probably do alright here. His eventual failings had a lot to do with a deteriorating relationship with the board, poor transfers (in and out), and bad luck with injuries. I will admit to being no expert on him though, just going of what I have read off the internet. Puel is doing a fine job for me though. He appears to have had a few deteriorating relationships with boards and owners, could there be a pattern developing? Poor transfers ... hmm , I wonder where that reminds me of?
Dahnsouff Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said: For starters, Monaco lost some of their best players in the transfer window (Fabinho, Lemar) and suffered some serious injuries to other key players (Subasic, Glik amongst others) which left them with a squad filled with a lot of inexperienced, young players. This doesn't excuse Jardim entirely at all, but its not all his fault Monaco was in the position they were in - the board did not support him and he failed to deliver. But that was just this season. The previous seasons, he did very, very well. I would be happy with him. You’ve convinced me. Puel Out1
Finnegan Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 Did someone in this thread seriously just say "much improved Gray." That was part of an actual sentence? Wow. Gray hasn't improved since he signed, he's still a championship winger with "potential", capable of the odd bit of brilliance and then twenty straight games of nothing. I don't think you can either blame or praise Puel for Gray, he just is what he is. He hasn't progressed under CP but he didn't under any previous manager either.
mod hero Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 Got sacked from Olympiacos for nailing the presidents wife as well Lad
mod hero Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 2 minutes ago, Finnegan said: Did someone in this thread seriously just say "much improved Gray." That was part of an actual sentence? Wow. Gray hasn't improved since he signed, he's still a championship winger with "potential", capable of the odd bit of brilliance and then twenty straight games of nothing. I don't think you can either blame or praise Puel for Gray, he just is what he is. He hasn't progressed under CP but he didn't under any previous manager either. Correct
Clever Fox Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said: For starters, Monaco lost some of their best players in the transfer window (Fabinho, Lemar) and suffered some serious injuries to other key players (Subasic, Glik amongst others) which left them with a squad filled with a lot of inexperienced, young players. This doesn't excuse Jardim entirely at all, but its not all his fault Monaco was in the position they were in - the board did not support him and he failed to deliver. But that was just this season. The previous seasons, he did very, very well. I would be happy with him. Thanks for the update. That just proves he's unlikely to be a success in the premiership. He's certainly not an improvement on Puel. Great managers find a way to deal with bad times. Now hopefully we'll see how Puel changes things to improve results. I wouldn't rule out him getting a win in the coming big games again.
Trav Le Bleu Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 1 hour ago, MrLuke said: I can’t say I know much about him but reading up on him he seems to fit. FourFourTwo have him as the 12th best manager in world football. Didn’t see where Gary Megson was placed. https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-50-best-football-managers-world-2018?page=0%2C3 Sam Allerdyce is 11th in that list.
Happy Fox Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said: Sam Allerdyce is 11th in that list. No he isn't? unless he is Brazilian.
don_danbury Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 6 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said: Sam Allerdyce is 11th in that list. no he's not but puel is no 6
Happy Fox Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 2 minutes ago, don_danbury said: no he's not but puel is no 6 Didier Deauchamps mate..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.