Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Leonardo Jardim

30 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I wouldn't say one of the greatest, but I do think he's better than he's given credit for, and better than a lot of the names being mentioned.

We're half way true a 3 year cycle, why not just relax and take the good with the bad While Puel brings in a couple more players in the Summer. And more importantly gets rid of the aging players. Isn't that better than starting the whole process off again. 

I agree tbh. Just if they had to get rid of Puel, do it for someone of Jardims quality.

We’re expecting exciting football with a lot of shit past it footballers still at the club. I think personel is required rather than a new manager. Need to clear out the inflated central midfield and spend £30m on loftus cheek! Get rid of Okazaki and sign Che Adams and get rid of Simpson and bring in Sarr! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Monaco don’t really have an academy, they recruit players at 15 or 16, they don’t have younger age groups 

Don't mind really. We only got Shade at 17. But if he comes good I'll classify him as one of our own.

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

No worries!

To be honest Jardim is at a level above Leicester given his track record, but there's so smoke without fire, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were meetings with him at the very least. Key plus points for why he'd be considered:

- Took a team that was known for being boring to watch to being literally the best attacking team in Europe. (Scored 24 goals in 24 games in the first half of the season, then 40 in the next half, then scored 107 goals the next season and won Ligue with 95 points, both European highs).

- Great track record of working with youth team players. Worked with Mbappe, Martial, Lemar, Silva, Mendy, Fabinho and improved them. Many of those players came in at way cheaper prices before going off to become top class.

- Great track record with experienced pros in the same team as young players. The players mentioned above are the household names, but don't forget about Subasic, Glik, Moutinho and Falcao. This experience was the spine around which the highly promising young players were integrated.

- Rebuilt his team several times over. Every season Monaco sold their best players. The one season they didn't, they won the league and got to the semi's of the Champions League. The following season despite losing all of their best players, they still finished second before they sold their players again. Given we are still in transition, a definite plus.

- Seemingly has a good rapport with fans and players.

I'd personally expect him to crop up at a more high profile team in the summer. If Man United get Pochetino then I could see him at Spurs, or even at Real Madrid who have struggled badly since Zidane left.

Thanks Strider,

Now I understand why people think he could do a job here.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

No worries!

To be honest Jardim is at a level above Leicester given his track record, but there's so smoke without fire, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were meetings with him at the very least. Key plus points for why he'd be considered:

- Took a team that was known for being boring to watch to being literally the best attacking team in Europe. (Scored 24 goals in 24 games in the first half of the season, then 40 in the next half, then scored 107 goals the next season and won Ligue with 95 points, both European highs).

- Great track record of working with youth team players. Worked with Mbappe, Martial, Lemar, Silva, Mendy, Fabinho and improved them. Many of those players came in at way cheaper prices before going off to become top class.

- Great track record with experienced pros in the same team as young players. The players mentioned above are the household names, but don't forget about Subasic, Glik, Moutinho and Falcao. This experience was the spine around which the highly promising young players were integrated.

- Rebuilt his team several times over. Every season Monaco sold their best players. The one season they didn't, they won the league and got to the semi's of the Champions League. The following season despite losing all of their best players, they still finished second before they sold their players again. Given we are still in transition, a definite plus.

- Seemingly has a good rapport with fans and players.

I'd personally expect him to crop up at a more high profile team in the summer. If Man United get Pochetino then I could see him at Spurs, or even at Real Madrid who have struggled badly since Zidane left.

Sounds like the people we should really be trying to recruit are the scouts that put together his Monaco team.

4 hours ago, BKLFox said:

However, not so long ago, Jardim was described as an extremely defensive manager. France Football ran a poll asking if Monaco were “Ligue 1’s most boring team” and the answer was a resounding 71% in favour, saying ‘yes’. 

”Jardim is getting good results, but his team is playing poorly. He invented new football tactics - the chloroform tactics. It’s impossible to watch them. Fans are dying of boredom.”

Probably true. And will probably true here.

But our many of fans refuse to accept basic facts.

We won the league due to about six reasons that now don't exist.

And now we're investing and rebuilding on the academy.

Any manager we get will have to be focused on that.

If it ain't Puel, it'll be Jardim and if it ain't Jardim it'll be another manager with youth development experience.

It's our long term plan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Sounds like the people we should really be trying to recruit are the scouts that put together his Monaco team.

The Monaco scouts are among Europe's best along with Dortmund and Porto. But they don't get it right all the time. Jardim lost his job because Monaco were in the relegation zone, which many have down to not signing good players this season. They signed a 16 year old forward for 20m, Golovin after his world cup showing and several other questionable players, many of whom have already left. Henry has come in, but just lost his last game 5-1 and this is despite signing experienced players such as Fabregas and Naldo from Schalke. Quite frankly Monaco as a club is currently in a mess, and sacking Jardim has not resolved it. This adds further weight to the opinion that Jardim is a great manager who was not backed by his club. I think this is best highlighted by Bernardo Silva who was part of that team:
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/bernardo-silva-at-monaco-if-we-had-kept-that-team-together-we-could-have-won-the-champions-league/

Ben is here, Fabi is playing at Liverpool, Bakayoko was at Chelsea, now at AC Milan, Lemar at Atletico. We said that if we kept the team together as it was at Monaco for 2 or 3 years we always said that we could win the Champions’ League.

Also whilst we have signed a fair crock of shit in recent years, we've also signed Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Albrighton, Huth, Fuchs, Maguire and Ricardo. We also signed Kramaric who though a bust here, got to a World Cup final and is impressing in both German and European football. Honestly compared to many teams in the league, including many above us, we sign quite well overall.

Anyway let's see what happens. I doubt we will see any change before the summer personally given what happened to Vichai.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He is a high quality manager who is the type of fit we should be looking for.

He has always played good attacking football and develops young players by believing in them. I felt sorry for him after Monaco sacked him after a poor start but maybe had Lemar not been punted out to Athletico and Fabinho in the summer he may have fared a little better. The previous season it was Bakayoko to Chelsea and Mendy to Man City. The list is endless really. What I like about his profile is he has always lost his best players but unearthed some gems.I know its not just down to him but we know ow fruitful the French market is and if he can bring one or two of his team in I think he would give us added value.

""Télfoot"" a highly respected and reliable TV show in France has announced the imminent arrival of Leo JARDIM to Leicester

What's funny about it , he is the carbon copy of Claude on everything : Language skills, Slow Speech, excellent to developp youngsters and the same footablling vision as Claude PUEL 

Again, this TV Show is very reliable and , considering, the toxic atmosphere around your club on PUEL , it might be better for both parts to split... We will be more than happy to have him back in France

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Le Froggy said:

What's funny about it , he is the carbon copy of Claude on everything : Language skills, Slow Speech, excellent to developp youngsters and the same footablling vision as Claude PUEL 

1. He’s not a carbon copy on everything that Puel is at all. Jardim has been known to play 4231 but variations on 4411 and 442 football dominate his thinking.

2. The show did not announce his imminent arrival, they said he was monitoring the situation of two clubs one of them being Leicester.

Oh and 3. Come and pick him up around tea time today if you’d like him back.

Edited by Nick

Around tea time ? ... Ok then, We know what PUEL is capable of Doing, given time .... I hope he goes with a nice pay check, he will have  dozen of French Clubs willing to sign him

I confirm what I heard on French tv this morning from my own hears and a not a vague translation  on a English tabloid... JARDIM will replace PUEL

JARDIM is carbon copy of PUEL... Highly pramgmatic..... If you think he will play Monaco's way, I will remind you that you have no M'Bappé, Fabinho and Lemar in your team.... 

Expet slow possesion ideways football , exactly the same as Puel  for the some time