Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Leonardo Jardim

8 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

1. He’s not a carbon copy on everything that Puel is at all. Jardim has been known to play 4231 but variations on 4411 and 442 football dominate his thinking.

2. The show did not announce his imminent arrival, they said he was monitoring the situation of two clubs one of them being Leicester.

Oh and 3. Come and pick him up around tea time today if you’d like him back.

No need to come and pick him up... 

Where do you want him delivered? 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Le Froggy said:

Around tea time ? ... Ok then, We know what PUEL is capable of Doing, given time .... I hope he goes with a nice pay check, he will have  dozen of French Clubs willing to sign him

I confirm what I heard on French tv this morning from my own hears and a not a vague translation  on a English tabloid... JARDIM will replace PUEL

JARDIM is carbon copy of PUEL... Highly pramgmatic..... If you think he will play Monaco's way, I will remind you that you have no M'Bappé, Fabinho and Lemar in your team.... 

Expet slow possesion ideways football , exactly the same as Puel  for the some time

Okey dokey skip.

On 20/01/2019 at 14:09, Toddybad said:

I'm not on board with this at all.

Did well with Mbappe, Lemar, Bakayoko etc

Then bought endless rubbish for huge money.

Ended up taking Monaco to the bottom end of the league.

It's Benitez or Puel for me.

lol ****ing hell.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Le Froggy said:

""Télfoot"" a highly respected and reliable TV show in France has announced the imminent arrival of Leo JARDIM to Leicester

What's funny about it , he is the carbon copy of Claude on everything : Language skills, Slow Speech, excellent to developp youngsters and the same footablling vision as Claude PUEL 

Again, this TV Show is very reliable and , considering, the toxic atmosphere around your club on PUEL , it might be better for both parts to split... We will be more than happy to have him back in France

lol:appl: Priceless, thanks for the info. If you could help us with more information if this story develops, we would be eternally grateful.

• Like 1

The biggest difficulty when moving to a new country is to deliver your message to the fans and the media. Inside the club, it’s the same everywhere. In Monaco’s squad we have Italian players, French, Brazilians, Spanish, Portuguese, etc. As a manager, we have to have the communication skills to transmit our idea to the club. To be successful abroad, you need a great knowledge of the country you are working in and the capacity to speak the native language fluently. If you don’t have at least one of those things, you will struggle. Football is emotion, it’s momentum. 

When I was at Olympiakos, the president invested in Greek players and they didn’t speak any English.  In Greece I had to use a translator. To learn the language is always important to transmit your idea but the image is also important. I can give you an example. In the Champions League group phase we played Tottenham, who are managed by Mauricio Pochettino, a manager that I truly admire. In the beginning at Tottenham, he did use a translator, but I’m sure that he knew English. The question was if the knowledge that he had about the language was enough for him to transmit his ideas. Here in France I took a risk and spoke French from day one, even with some difficulty, but sometimes that’s a key aspect.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/training/leonardo-jardims-management-masterclass#RjbMAGV6ty5D7s2K.99

So does he speak good english?

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

22 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

The biggest difficulty when moving to a new country is to deliver your message to the fans and the media. Inside the club, it’s the same everywhere. In Monaco’s squad we have Italian players, French, Brazilians, Spanish, Portuguese, etc. As a manager, we have to have the communication skills to transmit our idea to the club. To be successful abroad, you need a great knowledge of the country you are working in and the capacity to speak the native language fluently. If you don’t have at least one of those things, you will struggle. Football is emotion, it’s momentum. 

When I was at Olympiakos, the president invested in Greek players and they didn’t speak any English.  In Greece I had to use a translator. To learn the language is always important to transmit your idea but the image is also important. I can give you an example. In the Champions League group phase we played Tottenham, who are managed by Mauricio Pochettino, a manager that I truly admire. In the beginning at Tottenham, he did use a translator, but I’m sure that he knew English. The question was if the knowledge that he had about the language was enough for him to transmit his ideas. Here in France I took a risk and spoke French from day one, even with some difficulty, but sometimes that’s a key aspect.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/training/leonardo-jardims-management-masterclass#RjbMAGV6ty5D7s2K.99

So does he speak good english?

What he says about Olympiakos, implies that he does speak English - but the players didn't.

6 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Move Puel to DOF and get Jardim as manager, I think Puel is better at building the overall infrastructure of a club while he lacks in man management.

I think it fair to say that the owners will never shift Rudkin as DoF.

14 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Move Puel to DOF and get Jardim as manager, I think Puel is better at building the overall infrastructure of a club while he lacks in man management.

Always thought Pearson might make a good DoF. Doesn’t seem to be a media facing role, and plays to his strengths such as building club infrastructure, etc.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

13 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Am I missing something jardim isn't even in the running on oddschecker to be the next manager? 

No your not missing anything, Puel is still in and he ain't going nowhere unfortunately 

JARDIM is a great coach but I don't think his mentality is suited for EPL where everything must happens now...

JARDIM is like PUEL... He builds and that means going trough painful defeats...and it means time... sign promising youngsters , developp them ... it's a 3 year process that Jardim or Puel are use  to with French clubs

So basically, replacing Puel with jardim is not the smartest idea.... if leicester philisophy is about intanst result but a fragile foundation ... we all know what happens soon or later

8 minutes ago, Le Froggy said:

JARDIM is a great coach but I don't think his mentality is suited for EPL where everything must happens now...

JARDIM is like PUEL... He builds and that means going trough painful defeats...and it means time... sign promising youngsters , developp them ... it's a 3 year process that Jardim or Puel are use  to with French clubs

So basically, replacing Puel with jardim is not the smartest idea.... if leicester philisophy is about intanst result but a fragile foundation ... we all know what happens soon or later

The fans want instant results of course. The club knows it needs to build from the bottom. We can't spend £150m per season like the top 6, so buying youngsters to develop them is clearly the clubs' new aim.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Le Froggy said:

I get your point. It's better for both part to split

i thibk his point is also that that we can cope with the rebuilding if the football is somewhat interesting to watch and the players seem to know what they are doing and seem to enjoy their football at least..

None of this is happening under Puel...

Edited by MPH

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Always thought Pearson might make a good DoF. Doesn’t seem to be a media facing role, and plays to his strengths such as building club infrastructure, etc.

headbutts and throat grabs replacing fines. I like it.

Edited by MPH