Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Leonardo Jardim

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Also managed x 2 top 3 finishes, numerous latter stage appearances in the Champions League and also absolutely destroyed Ligue 1 in 2016/17. We arent going to get a manager without blemishes on their record, unless we go for someone unproven. At least we know he has a stonking track record with youngsters, plays attacking football, is a man manager and he also doesnt stick around if he's underperforming.

I've no problem with the potential for a manager to only last a year or two, as long as they progress us when they're here and he tends to do that.

Followed Monaco quite a bit and he did a great job there, even when he lost Falcao and James Rodriguez. Monaco have a great academy (Mbappé, Carrasco, T.Henry, Trezeguet) and a policy to play young, promising players then sell them at a high price. They went too far lately and it backfired.

There are a lot of similarities with us and I'd happy if we could get him but it's not going to happen.

• Like 1

However, not so long ago, Jardim was described as an extremely defensive manager. France Football ran a poll asking if Monaco were “Ligue 1’s most boring team” and the answer was a resounding 71% in favour, saying ‘yes’. 

”Jardim is getting good results, but his team is playing poorly. He invented new football tactics - the chloroform tactics. It’s impossible to watch them. Fans are dying of boredom.”

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

However, not so long ago, Jardim was described as an extremely defensive manager. France Football ran a poll asking if Monaco were “Ligue 1’s most boring team” and the answer was a resounding 71% in favour, saying ‘yes’. 

”Jardim is getting good results, but his team is playing poorly. He invented new football tactics - the chloroform tactics. It’s impossible to watch them. Fans are dying of boredom.”

Lol

11 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Sounds perfect for us then lol

13 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Monaco looks like it has about 50 seats in the stadium anyway. 

Still Rodgers > Jardim for me, which I know I will get some abuse for but I just don't think we should be going down the foreign (unknown/untested in Premier League) route right now. He did very well at Monaco but look at some of the players he had! I think we may end up being a Puel type again, who the fans and players may struggle to connect with. 

Rodgers just seems like a safer choice right now and I get the feeling that our players will respond better to a Manager like Rodgers and he knows the league well too and is a real man manager, which I think is needed for this young group. 

I also desperately wanted Marco Silva here though, so what do I know lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Still Rodgers > Jardim for me, which I know I will get some abuse for but I just don't think we should be going down the foreign (unknown/untested in Premier League) route right now. He did very well at Monaco but look at some of the players he had! I think we may end up being a Puel type again, who the fans and players may struggle to connect with. 

Rodgers just seems like a safer choice right now and I get the feeling that our players will respond better to a Manager like Rodgers and he knows the league well too and is a real man manager, which I think is needed for this young group. 

I also desperately wanted Marco Silva here though, so what do I know lol

You shouldn’t get abuse for making a suggestion! 

However... I am not sure why a lot want Rodgers. To me he’s had it easy in Scotland and is now under pressure from Rangers (and it’s showing). Liverpool he improved them but then inevitably was sacked  (2nd/3rd season?) from poor form. 

Jardim... didn’t watch enough of Monaco when he was in charge so not sure what his style / background is except for peoples opinion on here. 

My preference is someone who will try and instigate the press. I think it would suit us better than a methodical passing game. And would get the fans making some noise again. 

Edited by lcfceaves

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Thanks for the update. That just proves he's unlikely to be a success in the premiership. He's certainly not an improvement on Puel.

Great managers find a way to deal with bad times. Now hopefully we'll see how Puel changes things to improve results. I wouldn't rule out him getting a win in the coming big games again.

Surely Puel is one of the greatest alive then, managing not to get sacked after last season? Those were bad times and he dealt with them ;)

2 hours ago, mod hero said:

Got sacked from Olympiacos for nailing the presidents wife as well

Lad

Blimey.  If he joins us we had better confine Suzie TF to Barracks and fit a Chubb lock on Frau Whelan’s office door at the KP.   

46 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

You shouldn’t get abuse for making a suggestion! 

However... I am not sure why a lot want Rodgers. To me he’s had it easy in Scotland and is now under pressure from Rangers (and it’s showing). Liverpool he improved them but then inevitably was sacked  (2nd/3rd season?) from poor form. 

Jardim... didn’t watch enough of Monaco when he was in charge so not sure what his style / background is except for peoples opinion on here. 

My preference is someone who will try and instigate the press. I think it would suit us better than a methodical passing game. And would get the fans making some noise again. 

Shaky. 

Oh, we tried that. 

56 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Surely Puel is one of the greatest alive then, managing not to get sacked after last season? Those were bad times and he dealt with them ;)

I wouldn't say one of the greatest, but I do think he's better than he's given credit for, and better than a lot of the names being mentioned.

We're half way true a 3 year cycle, why not just relax and take the good with the bad While Puel brings in a couple more players in the Summer. And more importantly gets rid of the aging players. Isn't that better than starting the whole process off again. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1