Trav Le Bleu Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said: No he isn't? unless he is Brazilian. Happy Fox in missing the joke shocker.
Happy Fox Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said: Happy Fox in missing the joke shocker. I am trying to rack my brain what your enlightening joke is, but not enough neurones sadly
Cadno'r Cymoedd Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 23 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said: Sam Allerdyce is 11th in that list. 18 minutes ago, Happy Fox said: No he isn't? unless he has a Brazilian. Fixed
That_Dude Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 1 hour ago, Ric Flair said: Also managed x 2 top 3 finishes, numerous latter stage appearances in the Champions League and also absolutely destroyed Ligue 1 in 2016/17. We arent going to get a manager without blemishes on their record, unless we go for someone unproven. At least we know he has a stonking track record with youngsters, plays attacking football, is a man manager and he also doesnt stick around if he's underperforming. I've no problem with the potential for a manager to only last a year or two, as long as they progress us when they're here and he tends to do that. Followed Monaco quite a bit and he did a great job there, even when he lost Falcao and James Rodriguez. Monaco have a great academy (Mbappé, Carrasco, T.Henry, Trezeguet) and a policy to play young, promising players then sell them at a high price. They went too far lately and it backfired. There are a lot of similarities with us and I'd happy if we could get him but it's not going to happen.
Jimmy Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 Jardim is the only manager I would sack Puel for in season
turtmcfly Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 40 minutes ago, mod hero said: Got sacked from Olympiacos for nailing the presidents wife as well Lad 442 describes him as 'equanimous' which I'm guessing is a polite way of saying he's hung like a horse.
Tringfox Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 1 minute ago, turtmcfly said: 442 describes him as 'equanimous' which I'm guessing is a polite way of saying he's hung like a horse. And he looks like one too!
mod hero Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 19 minutes ago, turtmcfly said: 442 describes him as 'equanimous' which I'm guessing is a polite way of saying he's hung like a horse. Leonardo De Hosscock
turtmcfly Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 2 minutes ago, mod hero said: Leonardo De Hosscock Lubricate liberally, then Gerrimin.
Bob Weasel Fox Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 3 hours ago, Izzy said: Oh his name is Leonardo, Ready to take the hot seat, Yes I've never heard of him, But he wins games so that's alright with me. Lol
BKLFox Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 However, not so long ago, Jardim was described as an extremely defensive manager. France Football ran a poll asking if Monaco were “Ligue 1’s most boring team” and the answer was a resounding 71% in favour, saying ‘yes’. ”Jardim is getting good results, but his team is playing poorly. He invented new football tactics - the chloroform tactics. It’s impossible to watch them. Fans are dying of boredom.”
Jattdogg Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 5 minutes ago, BKLFox said: However, not so long ago, Jardim was described as an extremely defensive manager. France Football ran a poll asking if Monaco were “Ligue 1’s most boring team” and the answer was a resounding 71% in favour, saying ‘yes’. ”Jardim is getting good results, but his team is playing poorly. He invented new football tactics - the chloroform tactics. It’s impossible to watch them. Fans are dying of boredom.” Lol
StriderHiryu Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 11 minutes ago, BKLFox said: However, not so long ago, Jardim was described as an extremely defensive manager. France Football ran a poll asking if Monaco were “Ligue 1’s most boring team” and the answer was a resounding 71% in favour, saying ‘yes’. ”Jardim is getting good results, but his team is playing poorly. He invented new football tactics - the chloroform tactics. It’s impossible to watch them. Fans are dying of boredom.” Sounds perfect for us then
tiredclimb Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 13 minutes ago, BKLFox said: However, not so long ago, Jardim was described as an extremely defensive manager. France Football ran a poll asking if Monaco were “Ligue 1’s most boring team” and the answer was a resounding 71% in favour, saying ‘yes’. ”Jardim is getting good results, but his team is playing poorly. He invented new football tactics - the chloroform tactics. It’s impossible to watch them. Fans are dying of boredom.” Monaco looks like it has about 50 seats in the stadium anyway.
STUHILL Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 Still Rodgers > Jardim for me, which I know I will get some abuse for but I just don't think we should be going down the foreign (unknown/untested in Premier League) route right now. He did very well at Monaco but look at some of the players he had! I think we may end up being a Puel type again, who the fans and players may struggle to connect with. Rodgers just seems like a safer choice right now and I get the feeling that our players will respond better to a Manager like Rodgers and he knows the league well too and is a real man manager, which I think is needed for this young group. I also desperately wanted Marco Silva here though, so what do I know
TMELcfc Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 8 minutes ago, STUHILL said: Still Rodgers > Jardim for me, which I know I will get some abuse for but I just don't think we should be going down the foreign (unknown/untested in Premier League) route right now. He did very well at Monaco but look at some of the players he had! I think we may end up being a Puel type again, who the fans and players may struggle to connect with. Rodgers just seems like a safer choice right now and I get the feeling that our players will respond better to a Manager like Rodgers and he knows the league well too and is a real man manager, which I think is needed for this young group. I also desperately wanted Marco Silva here though, so what do I know You shouldn’t get abuse for making a suggestion! However... I am not sure why a lot want Rodgers. To me he’s had it easy in Scotland and is now under pressure from Rangers (and it’s showing). Liverpool he improved them but then inevitably was sacked (2nd/3rd season?) from poor form. Jardim... didn’t watch enough of Monaco when he was in charge so not sure what his style / background is except for peoples opinion on here. My preference is someone who will try and instigate the press. I think it would suit us better than a methodical passing game. And would get the fans making some noise again.
Nicolo Barella Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 2 hours ago, Clever Fox said: Thanks for the update. That just proves he's unlikely to be a success in the premiership. He's certainly not an improvement on Puel. Great managers find a way to deal with bad times. Now hopefully we'll see how Puel changes things to improve results. I wouldn't rule out him getting a win in the coming big games again. Surely Puel is one of the greatest alive then, managing not to get sacked after last season? Those were bad times and he dealt with them
Bluetintedspecs Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 4 hours ago, Ian Nacho said: https://twitter.com/leonardojjardim?s=09 Has a Twitter account too. Would be a first That'll be handy for our entitled and impatient fans
mozartfox Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 2 hours ago, mod hero said: Got sacked from Olympiacos for nailing the presidents wife as well Lad Blimey. If he joins us we had better confine Suzie TF to Barracks and fit a Chubb lock on Frau Whelan’s office door at the KP.
Cadno'r Cymoedd Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 46 minutes ago, lcfceaves said: You shouldn’t get abuse for making a suggestion! However... I am not sure why a lot want Rodgers. To me he’s had it easy in Scotland and is now under pressure from Rangers (and it’s showing). Liverpool he improved them but then inevitably was sacked (2nd/3rd season?) from poor form. Jardim... didn’t watch enough of Monaco when he was in charge so not sure what his style / background is except for peoples opinion on here. My preference is someone who will try and instigate the press. I think it would suit us better than a methodical passing game. And would get the fans making some noise again. Shaky. Oh, we tried that.
Clever Fox Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 56 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said: Surely Puel is one of the greatest alive then, managing not to get sacked after last season? Those were bad times and he dealt with them I wouldn't say one of the greatest, but I do think he's better than he's given credit for, and better than a lot of the names being mentioned. We're half way true a 3 year cycle, why not just relax and take the good with the bad While Puel brings in a couple more players in the Summer. And more importantly gets rid of the aging players. Isn't that better than starting the whole process off again.
StriderHiryu Posted 20 January 2019 Posted 20 January 2019 https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/training/leonardo-jardims-management-masterclass%3f_format=amp Interesting interview with him here to get some insight into him.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.