Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Leonardo Jardim

Henry's done a Gary Neville. Nobody will touch him as a manager now. Yes, Monaco have lost a lot of good players but it takes a mad scientist to get them in the relegation places 3 points from safety. They just got destroyed 5-1 at home to Strasbourg. 

He needs to go back to touching Carragher's leg. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

He needs time. It’s a transition in style. He’s trying to bring through youth. Away form isn’t bad. 

You don't really have masses amount of time when you take over a club in the bottom 3 and the aim is to avoid dropping. 

He needs to find a way to get results now otherwise he's gone.

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

You don't really have masses amount of time when you take over a club in the bottom 3 and the aim is to avoid dropping. 

He needs to find a way to get results now otherwise he's gone.

Sorry mate I was err being ironical. :ph34r:

On 20/01/2019 at 19:54, STUHILL said:

Why do we have to start the whole process off again?

Why can't we aim to bring a Manager in who will continue to develop and work with the younger players in the squad, as well as help us transition to a team more comfortable in possession and also bring in players of a higher calibre to replace the deadwood/out of contract. 

I don't actually think that is too much to ask for with a new manager coming in. You select them on the basis that they buy into what we are trying to now do and build on it.

Hopefully, we are also able to have a Manager who is less stubborn in their approach/system, makes less baffling decisions and can also build a decent rapport with the players and fans. 

I don't understand the idea that by changing a Manager, we have to then dismiss any good work been done and start all over again. We have a decent foundation (credit to Puel) and we bring a Manager in who will then built on that, whilst also bringing his own strengths to the role. 

Do completely agree with this.

9 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Henry's done a Gary Neville. Nobody will touch him as a manager now. Yes, Monaco have lost a lot of good players but it takes a mad scientist to get them in the relegation places 3 points from safety. They just got destroyed 5-1 at home to Strasbourg. 

He needs to go back to touching Carragher's leg. 

Isn't that roughly where Jardim left them?

Turns out he is Monaco's Pearson. Letting him go the first time was a huge mistake and now they realise it.

Shame we won't get him, but given that unlike Monaco we are not struggling in 19th we don't need a change right now.

I expect to see Rogers in the summer then. I've got nothing against Puel and think his youth project should be rewarded but you can tell he will never win the fans over and so I reckon he will be replaced in the summer. If I was at the club or his publicist, I would tell him to work on his media presence. In the modern world with social media and information being so easy to get hold of it's an important aspect of the job IMO. Our football wasn't always great under O'Neil, but we all loved Martin because he had an infectious personality that seemed to rub off on both the players and fans.

Anyway let's all get behind the club and see what happens. The club is very well run and I trust our owners to (eventually) get things right. They usually do!

As for Henry, he joins the Gary Neville club of proving that pundits can talk a good game but rarely can manage a team successfully. He turned down the Aston Villa job, and right now it looks like he's made a class A cock-up.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Le Froggy said:

Well...JARDIM is apprently back to Monaco.... just heard of French radio... crasy world;.. he was sack 3 months ago and pocketed 5 Million quid

sorry for my previou post on jardim coming to leicester... it was obviously wrong 

No shit. ? 

12 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’d swap them for Thierry at this point.

On what basis? That he was an amazing footballer? He has been absolute shite at Monaco and done nothing to enhance is reputation in an albeit short space of time in a below average league.

• Thanks 1

Henry to Monaco was only ever going to be a disaster. It's too big a job to start in and especially given the pressure they're under. I'm not writing Henry off totally yet as a coach but that was a silly move, similar to Neville going to Valencia.

Monaco's collapse has been absolutely spectacular. Two years ago they were winning the league and in the semis of the Champions League, now a genuine contender to get relegated, thumped at home by Strasbourg and Metz.

That must be hard to watch.

• Like 1