Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Leonardo Jardim

7 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Managed to get a Monaco team with a better squad than most in the French league into a relegation scrap. 

No ta 

Also managed x 2 top 3 finishes, numerous latter stage appearances in the Champions League and also absolutely destroyed Ligue 1 in 2016/17. We arent going to get a manager without blemishes on their record, unless we go for someone unproven. At least we know he has a stonking track record with youngsters, plays attacking football, is a man manager and he also doesnt stick around if he's underperforming.

I've no problem with the potential for a manager to only last a year or two, as long as they progress us when they're here and he tends to do that.

• Like 4

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Blimey. That will do for me. 

I don't follow European football too closely but gerrimin 

Even with some fans dismissing this down to the squad he had available, it is still extraodinary. Especially to do it with such a young squad, blended nicely with some quality experience like Moutinho and Falcao.

32 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Fair enough. His youth development credentials seem excellent.

But our current manager developed and introduced two of our best players: Hamza and Chilwell. And he gave a goal scoring debut to Barnes. And much improved Gray and Amartey. And previously developed our best winger and right back, Ricardo.. 

If we get Jardim him before we start pointing towards the relegation zone, we'll be nothing more than a footballing joke.

I'd argue that Chilwell was developed and introduced long before Puel came along, Chilwell became a regular under Shakespeare towards the end of the 16/17 season.

Hamza was developed before Puel arrived, but credit to him for giving Choudhury his Premier League debut.

As for Gray being much improved, that's up to discussion. To me, Gray has stalled somewhat.

Ricardo Pereira was developed by Porto more than any other team, and you could argue that he flourished in particular under Lucien Favre, Puel's successor at Nice.

I can see Puel just about given time until the end of the season, then being replaced in the summer. Another scenario sees him gone with a few games left to play, say in late March or early April, so a new manager can use the last few remaining matches to tinker and experiment with his own tactics.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

He likes to attack, so we very well may see forward passes get into double figures.

Strange, because when I read the above article posted by someone it said:

"When Jardim arrived at the club, he was thought of as a prosaic manager. Indeed, in his first season in charge, Monaco had the tightest defence in Ligue 1. They scored fewer goals than 13th-place Caen but still managed to finish third in Ligue 1"

Tight in defence, works with youth, haven't we got someone like that already who already knows and has evaluated our players ready for a clearout and trip to the transfer market. The article also suggested that he may have just got lucky with the players the club had bought in by themselves. He seems to have fallen out with a few owners. Is he really worth the risk when we're a year into our journey, would it not make sense to continue with the plan to see if our foundations with a few well chosen extras cannot bare fruit. Jardin sounds a bit of a nutter waiting to happen to me.

• Like 3

I'm not on board with this at all.

Did well with Mbappe, Lemar, Bakayoko etc

Then bought endless rubbish for huge money.

Ended up taking Monaco to the bottom end of the league.

It's Benitez or Puel for me.

Edited by Toddybad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FilbertFrog said:

Braga fell out with owners 

In Greece looks like fell out with owners as well 

sporting a short stay after getting them 2nd , but it’s sporting they should be in the hunt 

Monaco Another short stay , yes he Won the league with Monaco (but you could say it was a bit like us in 2016 a miracle/stars aligned/fluke  in hindsight) 

lost the dressing room there the next season and got sacked 

come on this is NOT the man for us will be here 2 seasons and be sacked ! 

We need a proven british manager 

but I hope we stick with Claude 

Claudio Ranieri:

- Resigned on his own behalf at Atlético Madrid into his one and only season with them

- Sacked at Chelsea after arguably putting the club back on the English football map

- Sacked at Valencia after slightly more than half a season

- Left Parma after less than half a season (no contract extension)

- Sacked at Juventus after two years in charge

- Resigned at Roma after 1 1/2 years

- Sacked by Inter after roughly half a year

- Had to leave Monaco after two years (contract not renewed)

- Sacked by Greece after three months in charge and following a loss against the Faroe Islands

- Sacked at LCFC after a poor start to the 16/17 season

- Fell out with the Nantes owner

There's a counter argument in there somewhere...

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We're very clearly focusing on our academy.

Getting managers who've worked with the best academies in Europe is very sensible.

Monaco don’t really have an academy, they recruit players at 15 or 16, they don’t have younger age groups 

He’s one of the most well respected coaches in European football right now and was considered for Arsenal and Man U jobs. 

I don’t think Puel should be sacked this season as we won’t go down and he’s playing young players. But if it’s to get in a high profile coach like this now, I could see Top making the change.