Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Liverpool (a) Pre Match Thread

1 hour ago, Monsell1976 said:

I’m not on about the pitch, the authority’s have to consider the safety of fans in and around the ground,  roads closed due to snow, and general safety of the public.

I’m quite aware of under soil heating

I remember when we played Middlesborough (I think) and it had snowed so badly with ice for a late kick off. It still went ahead. If they didin't stop the game then i doubt anything will be stopped now

BBC:

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "They (Leicester) like playing against the top sides. They are not a massive counter-attacking side like they have been in the past but it's still a threat. They don't give you lots of space.

"We expect a very dangerous opponent. They have quality and are a super team. I am sure they are not happy with their position. They have invested a lot of money in the team. They'd have been happy with their position a few years ago but not after winning the league and playing in the Champions League."

Leicester City manager Claude Puel on the team's recent inactivity due to their early FA Cup exit: "It was a possibility to rest and to change our ideas, to come back to training with intensity, quality and focus.

"It's a good thing for these players, for the team, but we need to move on, to look forward, and now we have a fantastic challenge in these games."

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

BBC:

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "They (Leicester) like playing against the top sides. They are not a massive counter-attacking side like they have been in the past but it's still a threat. They don't give you lots of space.

"We expect a very dangerous opponent. They have quality and are a super team. I am sure they are not happy with their position. They have invested a lot of money in the team. They'd have been happy with their position a few years ago but not after winning the league and playing in the Champions League."

Leicester City manager Claude Puel on the team's recent inactivity due to their early FA Cup exit: "It was a possibility to rest and to change our ideas, to come back to training with intensity, quality and focus.

"It's a good thing for these players, for the team, but we need to move on, to look forward, and now we have a fantastic challenge in these games."

Not sure i agree entirely with what Klopp is saying. We haven't invested alot of money in comparison to Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth and wolves and none of them are massively better off than we are. We've had some crap results but we are where we should be. Mid table with a possibility of getting 7th. Does he seriously think we should be challenging the top 6 with their budgets and the players they can sign. I like klopp, but hes talking guff there! 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Not sure i agree entirely with what Klopp is saying. We haven't invested alot of money in comparison to Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth and wolves and none of them are massively better off than we are. We've had some crap results but we are where we should be. Mid table with a possibility of getting 7th. Does he seriously think we should be challenging the top 6 with their budgets and the players they can sign. I like klopp, but hes talking guff there! 

Prem league manager echos what some fans think but your probably right in the grand scheme of things.

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I'm the opposite - Sometime I find the Klopp love in from the media a bit nauseous but think he's probably just covering himself a bit in what he is saying and doesnt what to give us our team talk. Recognises us as a dangerous team on our day.

1 hour ago, blue army 1988 said:

I remember when we played Middlesborough (I think) and it had snowed so badly with ice for a late kick off. It still went ahead. If they didin't stop the game then i doubt anything will be stopped now

I remember this game. The snow was so bad that traffic was pretty much at a stand still trying to get into town. I had to dump the car near the Trocadero petrol station at the end of Uppingham Road and walk to the stadium from there (took bloody ages). Made it to the game where hardly anyone else had made it (only about 8K if I remember), froze my goolies off for the whole game, only to find there were no buses or taxis running after the game, so I had to make the long trek back again! Great to see Kasper save the last minute peno though, it made it (kind of) worth it.

Edited by lcfc278

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Need Vardy to pull off another worldy or two against the scousers tonight !!

When it's my time to go..I want the collection of videos of Keith Wellers  and J.Vardy's goals laid beside me....This one will accompany me through eternity!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blue army 1988 said:

Spoke to my lad earlier about the same thing, it was Middlesbrough, about 8 thousand made it, and some players had to abandon their cars and run in if I remember right.

Your probably right, they will put it on because sky, wether fans make it or not