Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Charlie Austin

I'd take him. I think Austin and Vards will work well ( if Puel ever plays 2 up top). Both have come through the non league system, both have a similar mentality and both are a nuisance to defenders but in different ways. Also a much better option than we have at the moment with a plan B option. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

No from me, I'd rather wait until summer to have more options to choose from.

I agree. If we're going spend money it's a bit of a waste on a bloke who has only played about 30 games in 3 years. Have we looked at Andy Carroll and Danial Sturridge as well? At 29 he's not going to get any fitter! I honestly don't see our owner's frittering their money away like that anymore. This is not football manager it's a business and he represents poor business. 

Trust me, he isn’t coming here.

He’s talking about regular first team football (ironic with his injury record!).

We play one striker, with Vardy as first choice.

Austin isn’t going to move here to do the same thing he is doing now, sit on the bench.

People saying, he’s a decent plan B, well he doesn’t want to be a plan B.

He’ll go to the championship, or at most a relegation threatened prem team where he’ll get starts.

Edited by City1884
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, City1884 said:

Trust me, he isn’t coming here.

He’s talking about regular first team football (ironic with his injury record!).

We play one striker, with Vardy as first choice.

Austin isn’t going to move here to do the same thing he is doing now, sit on the bench.

People saying, he’s a decent plan B, well he doesn’t want to be a plan B.

He’ll go to the championship, or at most a relegation threatened prem team where he’ll get starts.

He is already at a relegation threatened Prem club 

16 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

He is already at a relegation threatened Prem club 

True, but he may get more starts at somewhere like Cardiff, or Huddersfield, if they can afford the wages?

My whole point is that in his head he wants to be starting, he doesn’t do that for Southampton, and he wouldn’t for us, so he won’t come here.

His style of play guarantees a fairly tough afternoon for defenders; physical and aggressive. In all honesty, with the amount of crosses we aimlessly flump into the box, a focal point could be very handy. If any of that means that Vardy won't have to come up against a back four virtually by himself then I think it's worthwhile. 

• Like 3