Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Charlie Austin

Id take that and if it's true they want slimani, it might give us some leverage.

Id take him over slimani and the backup we have.

I think he's the perfect kind of profile. Decent. Not too expensive, wont expect guaranteed first team football, a real option off the bench and good enough cover for injuries and suspensions.

Also allows us to "keep the faith" with iheanacho a bit longer (or not write him off completely just yet, i personally think we'd have a claim under the trade descriprions act, but tbf, chilwell was pretty gash last season so happy to let puel at least try)

If we spent real money, it would likely be a waste as vardy still has it in him to be undisputed first choice (i accept he's not necessarily showing it for all of the reasons that have been done to death) and we'd probably ruin another young 'un who would need "a run in the team" but wont get it.

It's a yes from me. 

Edited by gw_leics772

We are going to probably lose Simpson, Morgan & Fuchs in the summer. Imo we will need to add some experience and leaders to the squad to replace them. 

Schmeichel, Evans, Austin, Vardy & an experienced CM (Drinkwater, or even Silva?) would be a strong core to build our youth around. 

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Austin's always had a problem starting... 

I had an Allegro for many years so I should know! 

My Dad had a yellow one for a while - I can still smell the PVC seats on my skin.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suggested a straight swap Austin for Slimani yesterday when they were linked with him. It makes sense for all parties.

I guess the problem with that is Austin’s injury record and if we took him on anything more than a 1 year deal it would be a risk to be paying his wages for longer.

• Like 1

I can't see the negotiations going like this...

SH: we want slimani

LC: ahahahahaha! but he is our Algerian hero pls no

SH: well we want him, how about we sell you Charlie boy?

LC: seriously? 

SH: yeah

LC: blimey yeah go on then. Good luck you fools!

*knighthood for rudders for somehow getting a transfer fee for slimani and musa and schlupp*