Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Charlie Austin

10 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I guess the problem with that is Austin’s injury record and if we took him on anything more than a 1 year deal it would be a risk to be paying his wages for longer.

Slimani has persistent injury problems too, not quite as bad as Austin but not to be relied on.

From what I have heard from Southampton fans every time he plays it is like he has just come off a 2 week bender in Ibiza. Injury prone too. 

He also doesnt run around much so will probably be booed by our fans.

However, would take him on a loan until summer so when teams sit back we might actually score.

I remember a few years ago when FTers were going nuts over wanting this guy - (when he got relegated at QPR?) - and he turned us down. Better than Vardy they said. Amazing thing is he is 2 or 3 years younger than Vardy - it makes you think.

4 minutes ago, sdb said:

Average, permanently injured and past his best. Yes he’s better than our other alternatives but is this actually the level we’re aiming for? 

The amount of times we cross into the box and there's no one over 6 foot in there, I'd take a 42 year old Steve Howard at this point to give us more of a chance!

Anyway, I've heard we're moving more towards low money signings as there's disappointment that all our big money signings have seemed to fail. Wonder if a clearance price Austin fits this?

• Like 1

I know on paper it’s not the most exciting option, but I quite like the guy, and think we could get something out of him for a couple of seasons whilst developing other longer term options (whether that’s Nacho, Che Adams, Reghba we shall see). I like the youth policy but you do need experience in there too. 

Damaged goods. Injury prone - also recurrent shoulder damage. 

We initially expressed interest when he was still at QPR. Not necessarily a natural talent but great instinct in front of goal and a very consummate finisher. Another option agreed, but would spend more time in the treatment room than the bench. 

In the past this would be an automatic yes, but he's suffered a lot of injuries...

Think he would be a good temporary option, so if it's a six month loan and he comes on for Vardy at the end of each game I'd be happy with that.