Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Man Utd Home Post Match 0-1

Winless in five, and a rejuvenated Spurs up next. :whistle:

Six points off seventh place, only scored twice in a home match two times in the past two months.

Not scoring enough (with the odd exception), not creating enough chances, timid going forward, no punch in midfield, overly complicated, always playing in second gear from the get-go, conceding early in the process, and some players come up with the most frustrating and unnecessary of fouls (Mendy!).

Vardy has been off the boils for a while now, plus Ndidi should be put on the bench for a short spell in order to send a message.

And the disappointment continues.

I can't stand watching this mayhem on the pitch for much longer, we are bereft of ideas, so fcking dull to watch. SO FCKING DULL!

Come on, come up with something more positive against Crystal Palace and Brighton! Something's got to give!

Dull.

Whether or not these slow starts are a result of Puel's preparation for the games or a mental thing amongst the players, they have to stop because it's becoming beyond parody. 

Wretched subs done far too late on. 

Barnes was great and for eighty minutes I thought we were great defensively, about the only positives.

Maddison was moving like a geriatric today and Mendy and Wilf as a duo simply doesn't work well anywhere near often enough. Yet he persists with it.

I thought we deserved a point from that game, we made enough chances to get one back. Once again defensively we are the architects of our own downfall, which is annoying because after that goal I didn't think Man United really troubled us.

Overall I thought we played OK for most of it. Mendy was poor and I guess will be replaced by Tielemans next week, but Harvey Barnes I thought was fantastic! I think it's been a good decision to bring him back and get Premier League minutes under his belt. If he keeps improving at the same rate he's going to be very good, very soon.

Some of the subs I found questionable. Ghezall actually had a good impact when he came on, that free kick was very well saved from De Gea and he was quite creative. But Shinji hasn't scored in forever and Nacho.... deary me. He should be written off.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Attacking play doesn't exist. Really really poor going forward, some of the worst I've seen. Slow, laborious, no movement. Awful and needs sorting asap. 

Really? I didn't think we were poor attacking, we were 6.5/10 going forward I would say. Problem was finally getting a finish.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

We have no attack. 

I disagree, at least after this game. We created chances, but we're not clinical enough to put them away. Also, Man Utd barely had a sniff aside from the Ricardo error which resulted in their goal.

Edited by Keiriel

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Winless in five, and a rejuvenated Spurs up next. :whistle:

Six points off seventh place, only scored twice in a home match two times in the past two months.

Not scoring enough (with the odd exception), not creating enough chances, timid going forward, no punch in midfield, overly complicated, always playing in second gear from the get-go, conceding early in the process, and some players come up with the most frustrating and unnecessary of fouls (Mendy!).

Vardy has been off the boils for a while now, plus Ndidi should be put on the bench for a short spell in order to send a message.

And the disappointment continues.

I can't stand watching this mayhem on the pitch for much longer, we are bereft of ideas, so fcking dull to watch. SO FCKING DULL!

Come on, come up with something more positive against Crystal Palace and Brighton! Something's got to give!

Not creating enough chances? 17 shots says otherwise.

• Like 2

Wasn't a bad performance, but the usual issues really - early goals and not converting good opportunities. Vardy just not himself at the moment and Evans missing that great chance.

Thought Rachid did well when he came on. Harvey looking great - I think definitely right to bring him back and get him up to speed. 

It's so close to working... 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

Good entertainment, poor result.  Puel set us up to attack today and the second half was hell for leather.  17 shots (6 on target) to 10 and 6 for Manure.  So many chances created.  Not enough quality to finish a damn one.

But how good was Barnes?  The young’n is an athlete for this level, his every instinct is to drive forward, and when he gets the ball, he does something with it quickly.

Correct. Really like the look of Barnes. I just hope he isn't theoretically castrated by booing and negativity. It could easily undo the confidence built up at WBA. The kid needs to be supported and encouraged which is an up hill struggle in a toxic environment.