Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Man Utd Home Post Match 0-1

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Winless in five, and a rejuvenated Spurs up next. :whistle:

Six points off seventh place, only scored twice in a home match two times in the past two months.

Not scoring enough (with the odd exception), not creating enough chances, timid going forward, no punch in midfield, overly complicated, always playing in second gear from the get-go, conceding early in the process, and some players come up with the most frustrating and unnecessary of fouls (Mendy!).

Vardy has been off the boils for a while now, plus Ndidi should be put on the bench for a short spell in order to send a message.

And the disappointment continues.

I can't stand watching this mayhem on the pitch for much longer, we are bereft of ideas, so fcking dull to watch. SO FCKING DULL!

Come on, come up with something more positive against Crystal Palace and Brighton! Something's got to give!

Didnt think it was that bad ..    wonder save from De Gea kept them in it ...  considering they are on a real high at the moment and yes they looked better ...  but not that much.   Vardy and Evans both had big chances.

• Like 2

We made them look so average and it was us who had the chances. Unfortunately we were either shooting straight at the keeper, air shots or he pulled of a worldy to Ghezzals free-kick. We miss something, maybe its Tielemans.

Unfortunately for Claude, you will see the best of us when we are a goal up and the opp attacks us but we never seem to score first.

Loved Harvey Barnes today, We played well, created chances and plenty of them but failed to take them so we should look more positively but at the end of the day its three home losses on the trot and we are slipping down the league. Its not good for Claude and he does shoot himself in the foot sometimes, especially taking Maddison off when we were having our best spell. I have no problem with the substitution if we were up against it but I thought we looked good. 

Anyway, onward and upwards LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So, what was everyone's "I'm on the United pay-roll" moment from Mike Dean? Mine was probably when Martial flicked the ball into Ricardo's body from a yard, linesman saw it and gave nothing, Dean had no line of sight and just waited for even a half hearted appeal so he could give it.

Mine was when he didn't send Mendy off despite 3 or 4 yellow card offences.

He was shit but lets not act as if he had a red tinted specs on.

• Like 3

Same old story with Puel's Leicester, A defensive brainfart followed by a lack of quality in the final 3rd.

Good effort but frustrating result. We are not far off from a very decent team, but we are still off.

Nice to see an academy kid like Barnes showing real potential. Seems like a good idea to recall him instead of spending another fortune on some random winger.

• Like 1

We aren’t as dull as we have been prior to the Wolves game and have been more attacking which is slightly encouraging however the usual issues are still persistant and the manager is not fixing them. I can see us sliding back into old habits after the Spurs game because the teams we will be playing won’t want to attack us. 

Puel talks a big game in his interviews etc about what needs to be done but its all lip service, nothing has changed. We are still starting very slowly, still concededing early/first because for the first 20 or so minutes the players are just sloppy and slow. Something is wrong with how they prepare because the proportion of mistakes that are being made is too high, Puel can not be absolved of blame for this any more, he needs to change how the team prepares for games because he is fast running out of chances. 

Mendy and Ndidi are too negative as a two and with the signing of Tielemans I hope this changes but I fear he’ll shove Maddison out to the left and put Tielemans in at number 10 to accommodate his favourite pairing. He’s too stubborn as a manager because those pair have been woefully out of form but in no danger of losing their place.

I think Puel has taken us as far as he can now, things are on a downward trajectory and it needs someone else with new ideas to come and continue the ground work Puel has laid.

Thanks for the hard work Claude but you’re too stubborn and its time for you to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought we were generally poor and lacked real drive and desire. United were steady and basically did a good away job. 

Once Ghezzal came on it was game over. He was never gonna score from that distance and should have put in a decent cross. 

Feel sorry for the likes of Kasper and Vardy seeing a winning formula being ditched for mediocrity and boring football.