Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Man Utd Home Post Match 0-1

8 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Static central midfield. Why he insists on starting Mendy and Indidi is criminal. I see more creativity in my toilet.

Too sideways, too backwards. 

We have no quality on the bench and a manager with even less.

Photos or... on a second though, I believe you. Been crying for end of Mendy & Ndidi in the middle for months now... I get the sinking feeling Puel would play them until the end of the world if that was possible

6 minutes ago, womp said:

this is funny stuff.?

the last few weeks puel has done what most wanted to happen yet it hasn't been good enough.

to play against a team that has top players that have been together for a few years and create as many good chances by playing the same type of game with a young team that really hasn't settle or been together long is very positive in my mind.

Chillwell has been round the team for yeas as has Gray

So basically the young team that hasn’t settled you are referring to is Maddison and Barnes 

Not really a viable excuse in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another frustrating performance, Man Utd proper shithoused that.

I thought we deserved at least a point but yet again our quality in the final third let us down, best chance was Ghezzal's free kick, Vardy had two good chances but both were straight at De Gea, apart from that everything else was either wide or over.

When playing this style of football our central midfield pairing are incredibly important, Ndidi and Mendy are far too similar and they don't move the ball quick enough, yet again that was a big problem today, Mendy started the season well but he's going off the boil and needs dropping.

We then bring on Ghezzal, Okazaki and Iheanacho, the fans just don't have any confidence in them because all three are bang average.

MOTM for us was easily Harvey Barnes.

We are creating more chances since Barnes was recalled. We just dont seem to have that end product. I was pleasantly surprised by Ghezzal when he came on.

Hoping when some of our players get a few more goals, finding the back of the net becomes easier. Definitely need a striker on our summer transfer wishlist.

I think the answer to our sloppy starts all the time is sitting on the bench but for some reason Hamza isnt being picked.

Its frustrating to see us play well for 75 to 80 mins when we finally wake up and take the game to the opposition. We seem to invite pressure and look nervous in the first 10 mins of  nearly every game. Keep hearing the commentators proudly stating we've come back to get a result more times than anyone else this season but that's because more than anyone else we put ourselves in a situation when we're behind and only then do our tactics change to one that suits our style of play.

Cant we stop being so bloody generous and start games in the manner we play in once we go a goal behind?

13 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

We should have loaned Iheanacho out at the minimum, he’s such an awful footballer. 

I agree. He should've gone to a mid-table championship club (if any would take him) to try and rebuild his confidence and maybe try and find some form - at the very least it could've put him in the shop window. It's not as if he is contributing anything positive at all to the team at the moment and so we wouldn't miss him one bit. 

Aside from that I thought that today we were unlucky not to come away with anything. Having said that, the slow start, cheap defensive errors, lack of quality in the final third, unusual managerial decisions and dour midfield pairing of Mendy & Ndidi is really starting to get to me. I can see (kind of) what Puel is trying to do but he has to try and reverse the pattern of mistakes which have become so blatantly obvious. Whilst I thought that Ndidi had a surprisingly decent game against Liverpool, he has regressed overall this season and I can't envision any rational possible world where Mendy would be the first name on my team sheet week-in, week-out. Rachid actually did okay when he came on but I would've kept Maddison on and replaced Gray or Mendy. Will be interesting to see what the lineup will be against Spurs.

9 minutes ago, Langston said:

Pulled Pogba back, pulled Herrera back, and his yellow was a yellow.

I got as frustrated as anyone with Dean's performance towards the end of the game but he was equally shit for both teams.

Did he actually though? No. They were on their way down before any actual contact is made, all game, and we're not going to see a fair competition in football in general, until a ref has the spine to start giving bookings against players that wait for a slight bit of contact and throw themselves down when there's clearly not enough to actually send them down - Rashford did that 3/4 times today. If we want to talk who actually was lucky to stay on the pitch, it's Matic. Several times today he commits professional fouls, stepping on a heel to stop a break.

Well this is harsh but if Puel wants to play 4231 which I definitely as a fan don’t want, he needs to find a double pivot which is neither Ndidi or Mendy to make it even begin to work.

Ndidi certainly could sit in front of a back 3 or 4 and do a job laying off but we have no quality on the ball or off the ball with these two at the heart of our team.

If you are going to play 4231 the is the heart of the team. They conduct the orchestra and one of these two might be genuinely good in a midfield four but they don’t have the skills in a two to take us forward.

He probably should replace Vardy too as he’s arrived at a team without the personnel to employ his philosophy.

And as an aside the subs today were awful.

I’m not an entitled crazy man that expects us to beat the top six and win every game but when it’s clear that you have 70% of the players to give that a really good go it really frustrates me that whilst we got Tielemans on loan we are not near fulfilling the potential we have with the formation and philosophy that is churned out weekly.

I love the inclusion of youth but Puel ain’t the only manager who might use these youngsters. 

4231 suck arse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

All the stick Mendy/Ndidi get completely ignores the fact that they have got 4 attacking lads in front of them. Puel sets it up deliberately that the two CMs do ALL of the donkey work and the front 4 create and score. I think we're pointing the finger in the wrong direction. Either slate the front 4 or Puels tactics.

But the issue is part of that donkey work is getting the ball into that front 4, and they're not quick enough at that.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't matter what the formation was with Ndidi and Mendy. Add the abysmal end product from Maddison, Gray and Chilwell and theres very little left in the XI that would be a source of goals.

I think the front 3 have promise and are growing. 

The two are not not good enough to justify playing the 4231

• Like 1

Thought over the course of the full game we just shaded it as the better side. Certainly seemed to create more chances, and our defence more or less dealt with any threats from Utd. Barnes on the left seemed to work really well with Chilwell and Maddison, although a few occasions where a great run was missed. That'll come with time though. Nice to see Chilwell taking the lead and instructing Barnes when we were defending - shows a good awareness and will improve both of their games.

What cost us was yet another midfield error. Mendy and Ndidi are both wildly inconsistent - even within the same game - and aren't offering enough for us. Why Puel is persisting with that pair I don't know. Tielemans being left out is understandable, but Choudhury can feel hard done by at being benched. Would like to see that pair both come in for the next game.

Speaking of Tielemans, that game was crying out for some of his trademark long shots, particularly at the end of the first half. Unfortunately we're stuck with Mendy who never shoots and Ndidi who never shoots on target.

Thought Ghezzal played well when he came on and was one of the most positive players on the pitch. Great free kick. Okazaki and Iheanacho were awful though - Choudhury would have been better for the harrying role and ~anyone~ would have done more than KI.

Ref was utterly atrocious. Everything soft or 50-50 went utds way, and he did absolutely nothing about the blatant time wasting.

Really not impressed with Utd. Few comfortable spells in the first half but then decidedly average imo.

Deserved a point from that.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Chillwell has been round the team for yeas as has Gray

So basically the young team that hasn’t settled you are referring to is Maddison and Barnes 

Not really a viable excuse in the grand scheme of things.

you can believe thats what i mean if you want but clearly its not about 2 players and ts a postive not an excuse.

32 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Good entertainment, poor result.  Puel set us up to attack today and the second half was hell for leather.  17 shots (6 on target) to 10 and 6 for Manure.  So many chances created.  Not enough quality to finish a damn one.

But how good was Barnes?  The young’n is an athlete for this level, his every instinct is to drive forward, and when he gets the ball, he does something with it quickly.

If it wasn't for the greatest keeper in the Prem then we could have been 2-1 up Barnes, Ghezzal.

Thought we done alright today, bit lack lustre in attack and not clincal enough from certain players when in the final third.

Slowly getting there still think to two in the middle is a problem  (Hamza, Teleman) could be a different kettle of fish.

Maddison and Gray do seem to go missing at times.

Ghezzal should start and play a few full games.

That's about it I recon probably be in 12th after the next game which is what I thought would happen.

Manager is still a concern for me (especially with the fans belittling his decisions with the boos)

8 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

Decent enough performance. Were on a level with them for 70 minutes. So need a bit more up top. Perhaps Tielemans can add that little bit more attacking nouse in the middle. 

I think that could rightly be taken in two ways. Lacking a clinical attacking edge and a lack of football intelligence in key positions in the team. Nobody on the field seems capable of reading a game as it unfolds and adjusting accordingly. 

4 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

We’ve scored more than 2 goals in the PL this season, twice! 3 against Huddersfield and 3 in the defeat at Wolves. 

We’re just not converting enough chances. That’s where the biggest problem is!

We aren’t creating GOOD goal scoring chances, that’s the issue. All we create are half chances 

• Thanks 1