Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
foxes21

Tielemans

Recommended Posts

On 11/02/2019 at 01:55, J.Lisemore said:

No coincidence that Ndidi played a blinder when not paired with Mendy.

 

Him and Tielemens were fantastic, promising times.

 

Ndidi is a destroyer, it probably suits his game when there is more emphasis to do that more and try and create less. It's also good for Tielemans as he is given more of a license to be more creative knowing that Ndidi is covering him. 

 

A bit like Simpson and Mahrez were a great foil for each other as they covered for each other's weaknesses by letting the other get on with what they were best at. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They would still get £20m for him as that is the going rate for pretty mediocre players now, in the same manner we would easily recoup what we paid for Maddison who in some peoples eyes has flopped. I think £25m with add ons would get him and that would be a massive coup for us or anyone else. I hope we can get him as putting my usual over reaction to one side, his skill set is crucial to our progression under this regime.

Who in their right mind is arguing that Maddison has flopped?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Who in their right mind is arguing that Maddison has flopped?

There's been a fair few insinuate he's a show pony and wouldn't be too bothered if he moved on. I would only be letting him go for double what we paid as there's evidently a lot of ability and technically he's superb. I think Monaco are all over the place the last year or so and Tielemans might well have flopped but his stats still suggest this season that he's been one of their better players, he certainly will command at least what they paid for him but i'd imagine much much more if a club like us want him desperately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Long term target, and comments of Europe were years ago from the owners

 

Can you find those recent quotes or any evidence of a top 6 push? Because all they've spoken about for the last two seasons is transition, consolidation, being self sustaining and being competitive at the right end of the table. Nothing has been said about breaking the top six, Everton and West Ham are pumping in money left right and centre and we're selling to buy. Even the manager said we can't compete financially, so that tells you where we stand on the money front.

 

We've got one of the lowest net spends in the league the last couple of years, we've banked most of the profit from the champions league to pay for off the field stuff. There have been no signs of any push for breaking the top six because that takes hundreds of millions being spent consistently or a massive stroke of luck, which will run out.

 

Any push for the top 6 comes from slow growth of the club. They might want it but it isn't happening over night and we're not going to be spending big to try and achieve it.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-target-european-qualification-182484

 

 

a season and a half ago. hardly what i would call ‘years ago’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Technically that is years ago, but still, I agree.  18 months down the lane and Shakespeare has still failed to take us to Europe again

 

A target is just that, a target. Its supposed to be difficult to achieve.  Since then we've lost Mahrez, Kelechi still hasnt turned out how we'd have hoped and we've been reliant on vardy who is struggling for fitness and finishing sometimes aswell

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Technically that is years ago, but still, I agree.  18 months down the lane and Shakespeare has still failed to take us to Europe again

 

A target is just that, a target. Its supposed to be difficult to achieve.  Since then we've lost Mahrez, Kelechi still hasnt turned out how we'd have hoped and we've been reliant on vardy who is struggling for fitness and finishing sometimes aswell

it was said in July which would have been the target for last season..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mod hero said:

You saying my sister ain’t fit?

More to the point, are you saying your sister is fit? And are you from Coalville?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MPH said:

it was said in July which would have been the target for last season..

Still a chance of Europe this season.  I think we will know after the next 5 games whether we are still in the running or not

 

Hopefully we can go on a run now, get a few wins and pip 7th.  Still up for grabs imo

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Still a chance of Europe this season.  I think we will know after the next 5 games whether we are still in the running or not

 

Hopefully we can go on a run now, get a few wins and pip 7th.  Still up for grabs imo

 

 

that would definitely be our best chance of retaining the likes of tielemans...

 

we would really need to pay whatever is needed to get him. id also expect there to be a champions league team release clause that would come into effect 18-24 months down the line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MPH said:

 

 

that would definitely be our best chance of retaining the likes of tielemans...

 

we would really need to pay whatever is needed to get him. id also expect there to be a champions league team release clause that would come into effect 18-24 months down the line.

Definitely.  Big wages, big transfer fee, promise him the f***** world, get him in

 

If we're serious about stated ambitions we cant be going into next season without having a good go at getting him, or get someone in who is the next best thing if its not possible

 

I'm getting too excited about him too quickly, but on Sunday I think we had a glimpse of what it coudl do for us having someone like that in the midfield, its a game changer

 

Dont ever want to go back to the Mendy/Ndidi partnership, much as I like them both

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strokes said:

More to the point, are you saying your sister is fit? And are you from Coalville?

Yes and no

 

which makes it even more strange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

A lot has changed in that time it might as well be years ago.

 

 

this was the statement intended for last season so, no, it might not as well be years ago..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, old koppite said:

Looked real classy on Sunday. Made some of the potential champions own midfield look like dummies at times. 

Potential Champions!!? 

... We were playing The Spuds?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Potential Champions!!? 

... We were playing The Spuds?

Stop acting like spurs aren’t in the title race just because you don’t like them. They’re 5 points behind city with a game in hand and 5 points behind Liverpool.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Stop acting like spurs aren’t in the title race just because you don’t like them. They’re 5 points behind city with a game in hand and 5 points behind Liverpool.

Wouldn’t matter if they were 5 points ahead to be fair though mate, they specialise in capitulation lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Wouldn’t matter if they were 5 points ahead to be fair though mate, they specialise in capitulation lol 

Very true, but Liverpool love to bottle a title aswell.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Very true, but Liverpool love to bottle a title aswell.

It's Manchester City's title.. No way in a million years are Bottleham Hotspud finishing above them! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

It's Manchester City's title.. No way in a million years are Bottleham Hotspud finishing above them! 

I’m with you in thinking that Man City will win it. However, you cant rule Tottenham out of the title just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

I’m with you in thinking that Man City will win it. However, you cant rule Tottenham out of the title just yet.

I ruled them out in August last year! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...