Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

27 minutes ago, Xen said:

Great debut.

A quick google seems to suggest his weekly wage is approaching the 6-figure mark. Unless he's willing to take a pay cut then that combined with Monaco raising the fee could well price us out of a deal in the summer. Wouldn't be surprised if we'd have to drop £35m + £100k/wk to secure him long-term.

Could be a big ask.

We have a few outgoings that will free plenty of wages up. Most won’t require big money replacements as the outgoing players are already on the fringes. Maguire could also be on his way out with Benkovic and Söyüncü already here as replacements, giving us a bigger transfer kitty. 

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Can she play right wing? With Barnes on one side and your daughter on the other, we will cause the good kind of mayhem to our opponents!

She can't even stand up without holding onto something yet.

So chances are she would be perfect and a step up from what we have.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

- Took a tactical yellow to stop Spurs breaking on us. Good experience for someone for so young. (E.g. we should have done this versus Wolves to protect the 3-3).

I was well impressed with this as it is something the big boys do a lot but we rarely seem to do.

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

I was well impressed with this as it is something the big boys do a lot but we rarely seem to do.

Fernandinho does this like 5 or 6 times a game and gets away with it. Funnily enough, teams never seem to break on Man City very often... what a coincidence eh?

It's all part of the game and gives you the edge. Huth and Morgan were "robust" defenders in 15/16 and it worked out well for us!

34 minutes ago, Xen said:

Great debut.

A quick google seems to suggest his weekly wage is approaching the 6-figure mark. Unless he's willing to take a pay cut then that combined with Monaco raising the fee could well price us out of a deal in the summer. Wouldn't be surprised if we'd have to drop £35m + £100k/wk to secure him long-term.

Could be a big ask.

I imagine Fuchs and King and Okazaki's wages would cover that quite comfortably and some. 

13 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Good performance, but nothing (and its very early days) to suggest he is good enough for one of the big 6.... which leaves us and a few others.

No need to panic, this guy needs a window to rebuild his career after Monaco let him down.

My guess, we'll sign him for and then play him for a year at which time he will either leave to a big club..or settle to succeed with the most exciting young squad in the league.

Even that!!  But then again he might start to like our pubs,and Our great Indian restaurants..!!!

No need to go down-town he can shop online,and there's always  Vardy for a Party...!!

Oh!!!  Not forgetting kaspers dad, for interesting debate...!

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Where does this keep coming from? We've done and said nothing that suggests a top 6 push for years. We're playing the long game and that means money spent off the pitch rather than just on it, whilst taking punts on and putting faith in young players.

Unless we manage to cash in on a few assets, there is little chance of getting him I'm afraid.

what are are you talking about? That’s been the owners target ever since they came here- to have us challenging for a European spot. Is it attainable? that’s a different matter, but it’s always been the target.

id be surprised if Maguire doesn’t go at the end of the season and we already have the CBs in place to replace him, so we have that money coming in...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given that we look unlikely to be able to sign Tielemans in the summer, can anyone who watches the development squads closely say whether anyone in those squads looks to have a similar style and potential quality?  Not in time for next season, obviously, but it would be good to know we're developing players who could fill a similar role down the line.

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

Given that we look unlikely to be able to sign Tielemans in the summer, can anyone who watches the development squads closely say whether anyone in those squads looks to have a similar style and potential quality?  Not in time for next season, obviously, but it would be good to know we're developing players who could fill a similar role down the line.

I’m pretty sure we don’t have anyone of his standard in the u23 that no one has noticed before 

12 hours ago, deep blue said:

Why is it so unlikely that we could sign him though? We have the advantage of him actually having a loan experience here and we aren’t exactly poor financially. Monaco have deemed him surplus to requirements so surely there’s a chance? 

• Like 1

Bit of a typical foxestalk over reaction to one promising performance tbh. He's not become Europe's Most Wanted because he was a 7/10 in a 3-1 defeat to Spurs.

There's really no reason that signing him long term is unrealistic. Having a clause doesn't make it a cert anyway, club and player can both still change their mind. 

If we want him permanently, odds are pretty good that Jardim will still be at Monaco come the summer and Jardim has made it clear he doesn't want Tielmans. 

He only cost Monaco about £20m and they probably know already they're not likely to recoup that unless he's pretty much YPOTY worthy in his three months at Leicester. His star, fairly or not, has fallen since he went to France. 

He's no more an unrealistic signing than Iheanacho, Maguire, Maddison or Ricardo were - all of whom could have been picked up by bigger clubs at the time they signed but just weren't. 

We clearly have a wage bill problem but that gets better every summer and we'll comfortably have enough flex to make him permanent if we decide he's a priority. 

For all we know, we might have had the cash to buy him in January and have just decided not to invest permanently in the winter when the manager isn't guaranteed to be here beyond Tielmans loan spell anyway. Why splash the cash when Puel could end up sacked and the next manager might not want him? 

We can only speculate about our financial position let's be honest. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, MPH said:

what are are you talking about? That’s been the owners target ever since they came here- to have us challenging for a European spot. Is it attainable? that’s a different matter, but it’s always been the target.

id be surprised if Maguire doesn’t go at the end of the season and we already have the CBs in place to replace him, so we have that money coming in...

Long term target, and comments of Europe were years ago from the owners

Can you find those recent quotes or any evidence of a top 6 push? Because all they've spoken about for the last two seasons is transition, consolidation, being self sustaining and being competitive at the right end of the table. Nothing has been said about breaking the top six, Everton and West Ham are pumping in money left right and centre and we're selling to buy. Even the manager said we can't compete financially, so that tells you where we stand on the money front.

We've got one of the lowest net spends in the league the last couple of years, we've banked most of the profit from the champions league to pay for off the field stuff. There have been no signs of any push for breaking the top six because that takes hundreds of millions being spent consistently or a massive stroke of luck, which will run out.

Any push for the top 6 comes from slow growth of the club. They might want it but it isn't happening over night and we're not going to be spending big to try and achieve it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Why is it so unlikely that we could sign him though? We have the advantage of him actually having a loan experience here and we aren’t exactly poor financially. Monaco have deemed him surplus to requirements so surely there’s a chance? 

Of course there's a chance, but it won't be cheap.

• Monaco will want to see a profit on their investment.
  • If he does well here then there will be others after his signature, so Monaco drive up the price (and the players head may be turned).
  • If its clear we want him and he makes our side tick, then Monaco will drive up the price.
  • If they aren't interested in Silva long-term, then Monaco won't take him off our hands so we'll be stuck with his wages AND they'll ask for more cash for Tielemans.

We're not poor but we're not being bankrolled either. Its been clear for a while that the goal is to become self-sustainable with minimal financial support from the owners, which is great, but we've secured the training ground loan against PL winnings so we're a little limited with big spending for the next few seasons. We may have to sell before we can buy.

If he has a good loan spell and we want him then we'll have to break our transfer record. It'll be closer to £40m than the £20m-odd that Monaco paid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Bit of a typical foxestalk over reaction to one promising performance tbh. He's not become Europe's Most Wanted because he was a 7/10 in a 3-1 defeat to Spurs.

There's really no reason that signing him long term is unrealistic. Having a clause doesn't make it a cert anyway, club and player can both still change their mind. 

If we want him permanently, odds are pretty good that Jardim will still be at Monaco come the summer and Jardim has made it clear he doesn't want Tielmans. 

He only cost Monaco about £20m and they probably know already they're not likely to recoup that unless he's pretty much YPOTY worthy in his three months at Leicester. His star, fairly or not, has fallen since he went to France. 

He's no more an unrealistic signing than Iheanacho, Maguire, Maddison or Ricardo were - all of whom could have been picked up by bigger clubs at the time they signed but just weren't. 

We clearly have a wage bill problem but that gets better every summer and we'll comfortably have enough flex to make him permanent if we decide he's a priority. 

For all we know, we might have had the cash to buy him in January and have just decided not to invest permanently in the winter when the manager isn't guaranteed to be here beyond Tielmans loan spell anyway. Why splash the cash when Puel could end up sacked and the next manager might not want him? 

We can only speculate about our financial position let's be honest. 

They would still get £20m for him as that is the going rate for pretty mediocre players now, in the same manner we would easily recoup what we paid for Maddison who in some peoples eyes has flopped. I think £25m with add ons would get him and that would be a massive coup for us or anyone else. I hope we can get him as putting my usual over reaction to one side, his skill set is crucial to our progression under this regime.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They would still get £20m for him as that is the going rate for pretty mediocre players now, in the same manner we would easily recoup what we paid for Maddison who in some peoples eyes has flopped. I think £25m with add ons would get him and that would be a massive coup for us or anyone else. I hope we can get him as putting my usual over reaction to one side, his skill set is crucial to our progression under this regime.

Thing is, Monaco signed him as a teen for ~£20m and he's matured and gained experience, plus the market has inflated even more lately. Even though he's not (yet) lived up to the hype they'll want to make a profit on him.

If he has a middling sort of season then £25m+add-ons might do it, but if he isn't anything special we might look at other options.

If he impresses enough that he becomes one of our top targets, then the price will naturally increase. With his age and potential I could see it being at least £30m and with a few other big clubs in the mix it could approach the £40m mark quite quickly, unless Silva can do us a favour and have a similar impact at Monaco to prompt a player+cash deal.

We'll have to break our transfer record for him I reckon, but it'd likely be worth it (looking at the impact Felipe Anderson is having at West Ham as a comparable sort of transfer)

Edited by Xen
  • Like 2

On 11/02/2019 at 00:35, Lizhang said:

I don't see every game he plays, But i've been seeing him play for over 5 years now. And while the talent is there, undoubtedly, there are still too many games where he just can't make his mark. But again, most of the games i've seen of him, were with Anderlecht and more recently the Belgan NT. I think the big boys are aware that he still has a few steps to make, first and foremost in terms of consistency. Todays game is no garantee for the next one. Just my opinion, i have no horse in this race. Just a neutral observation (i'm not an Anderlecht, Monaco or Leicester supporter). But i hope he does well, and again, i don't think a club like Leicester would be a bad move. Too good for anything close to relegation football, but without the pressure that would come with playing for Chelsea, United or City. With a good chance of being in the starting XI, and getting a lot of time. It could be a win win for both.He's still only 21 and needs to play games, not sit on a bench. I don't think there is much love lost between him and Monaco either.

I agree. He certainly has the potential to develop further, and a club like Leicester may very well not be his terminus, but for now, i actually think it would be a good fit.

That a great point and good post. 

He could easily perform well here and be snapped up by one of the big English clubs and spend a lot of his time not playing. At Leicester we have a lot of really young and talented players like Maddison, Ndidi, Chilwell, Gray, Choudhury, Gray, Barnes, Benkovic and Soyuncu who all have the potential to play at the very highest level. Perhaps playing regular in a top class league with players around his own age with similar ability and potential might appeal? 

There's also every chance that the elite clubs look at him but don't quite pull the trigger as their options are plentiful and they can more or less sign anyone they want. I'm sure he won't want to be at Monaco next season if Jardim is there so we may not be Yourri's first choice but still a good option for him.