Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

10 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Massive shame we haven't got a chance to buy him first in the summer. Were going to put him on show for a bigger club to come and snap him up

I think this was always going to be the case but it benefits us, well it benefits Puel in the sense that if he can convince the board and the fans that his philosophy will work if he has the right players.

18 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Massive shame we haven't got a chance to buy him first in the summer. Were going to put him on show for a bigger club to come and snap him up

Eh, just because there isn't an official buying price, doesn't mean we don't have that chance. I'd imagine there's a gentleman's agreement with us and Monaco with regards to him and Silva. If we're both happy, cash plus Silva equals Tielemans, if Monaco don't want Silva then the price goes up 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Eh, just because there isn't an official buying price, doesn't mean we don't have that chance. I'd imagine there's a gentleman's agreement with us and Monaco with regards to him and Silva. If we're both happy, cash plus Silva equals Tielemans, if Monaco don't want Silva then the price goes up 

absolutely. the amount of negative speculation regarding the Tieleman agreement is just FT negativity for the sake of negativity. 

just because they've not shouted from the mountains regarding any agreements or potential for buying doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

given that we've actually been quite clever in recent windows in terms of moving people out and getting in some decent young talent; my confidence in Rudkin and whoever else is responsible has grown significantly.

and if we don't manage to keep him - well we've made a positive impact potentially on the last half of this season and it may prove that it is the type of player Puel requires in the summer for his vision to grow / work. 

honestly - damned if you do, damned if you don't here at LCFC right now. literally can't please anyone. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

absolutely. the amount of negative speculation regarding the Tieleman agreement is just FT negativity for the sake of negativity. 

just because they've not shouted from the mountains regarding any agreements or potential for buying doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

given that we've actually been quite clever in recent windows in terms of moving people out and getting in some decent young talent; my confidence in Rudkin and whoever else is responsible has grown significantly.

and if we don't manage to keep him - well we've made a positive impact potentially on the last half of this season and it may prove that it is the type of player Puel requires in the summer for his vision to grow / work. 

honestly - damned if you do, damned if you don't here at LCFC right now. literally can't please anyone. 

This.  

If there was a clause saying, ‘You cant buy him after the loan’ i’d understand the bitchfest.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

JUST PAY FOR TIELEMANS

JUST AGREE A PRICE

JUST PAY FOR TIELEMANS

HE WILL GET US BACK IN THE TOP 5

He won't. Those bullies at the top will come and steal him if he carries on like this! (Those bloody rotters!!)

Had a great first half, didn't notice too much of him in the 2nd but often with a midfielder that's actually a good sign that he's quietly going about his business.

Few key passes and good runs were good to see and whilst I am a Puel Out I thought he was spot on to start him, real acid test will be the next few games. Palace could be a difficult game but I'm more optimistic with Tielemans in the squad. If he continues his performances I hope he is affordable and we're in for a shout to buy him, he looked genuine quality and was a link we've been missing for majority of the season.

Be interested to see him and Choudhary pair up in that midfield, I like Ndidi but I think Choudhary has more potential.

Great debut.

A quick google seems to suggest his weekly wage is approaching the 6-figure mark. Unless he's willing to take a pay cut then that combined with Monaco raising the fee could well price us out of a deal in the summer. Wouldn't be surprised if we'd have to drop £35m + £100k/wk to secure him long-term.

Could be a big ask.

10 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Had a great first half, didn't notice too much of him in the 2nd but often with a midfielder that's actually a good sign that he's quietly going about his business.

Few key passes and good runs were good to see and whilst I am a Puel Out I thought he was spot on to start him, real acid test will be the next few games. Palace could be a difficult game but I'm more optimistic with Tielemans in the squad. If he continues his performances I hope he is affordable and we're in for a shout to buy him, he looked genuine quality and was a link we've been missing for majority of the season.

Be interested to see him and Choudhary pair up in that midfield, I like Ndidi but I think Choudhary has more potential.

Second half he had a few key moments which endeared him to me even more:

- Made a small mistake to lose the ball when under pressure but wen to the ground and won the ball back. Showed me he won't get shoved off the ball / give it up without a fight which was Adrien Silva's biggest weakness.

- Played the one-two with Ricardo for the goal. A brilliantly deft pass which we've been missing all season long.

- Took a tactical yellow to stop Spurs breaking on us. Good experience for someone for so young. (E.g. we should have done this versus Wolves to protect the 3-3).

- Did go down easily looking at the ref for a foul but got nothing. Thought this would happen more to be honest, as basically every foreign player in the league is shocked at what refs allow to continue compared to the continent. Same thing happened with Mahrez, Cambiasso, Ricardo, etc. 

He was MOTM for us by a a mile I thought. He literally made all the difference because things went forwards instead of sideways. And that simple change in personnel meant we made chance after chance, instead of creating nothing which is usually what happens. It was one of the best debuts I have seen for us for a very long time.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

JUST PAY FOR TIELEMANS

JUST AGREE A PRICE

JUST PAY FOR TIELEMANS

HE WILL GET US BACK IN THE TOP 5

our ambition or lack of it will be laid bare for all to see with this one signing in the summer. it will be epitomized with what we do with tielemans.

if we truly want  top 6,and we have a chance of signing him, we will need to pay whatever it takes to get him.

Edited by MPH

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

our ambition or lack of it will be laid bare for all to see with this one signing in the summer. it will be epitomized with what we do with tielemans.

if we truly want  top 6,and we have a chance of signing him, we will need to pay whatever it takes to get him.

Where does this keep coming from? We've done and said nothing that suggests a top 6 push for years. We're playing the long game and that means money spent off the pitch rather than just on it, whilst taking punts on and putting faith in young players.

Unless we manage to cash in on a few assets, there is little chance of getting him I'm afraid.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Second half he had a few key moments which endeared him to me even more:

- Made a small mistake to lose the ball when under pressure but wen to the ground and won the ball back. Showed me he won't get shoved off the ball / give it up without a fight which was Adrien Silva's biggest weakness.

- Played the one-two with Ricardo for the goal. A brilliantly deft pass which we've been missing all season long.

- Took a tactical yellow to stop Spurs breaking on us. Good experience for someone for so young. (E.g. we should have done this versus Wolves to protect the 3-3).

- Did go down easily looking at the ref for a foul but got nothing. Thought this would happen more to be honest, as basically every foreign player in the league is shocked at what refs allow to continue compared to the continent. Same thing happened with Mahrez, Cambiasso, Ricardo, etc. 

He was MOTM for us by a a mile I thought. He literally made all the difference because things went forwards instead of sideways. And that simple change in personnel meant we made chance after chance, instead of creating nothing which is usually what happens. It was one of the best debuts I have seen for us for a very long time.

I missed all that, however I was trying to stop my 1 year old daughter from causing mayhem so was preoccupied. 

He played an excellent forward ball for Barnes in the first half which was the moment I thought "yeah ok, he's the kind of player we missed". If we can't get him then I hope we can unearth another of similar quality.

• Haha 1