Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

2 hours ago, Jonezy said:

The missing link? 

Brought a whole other flow to the centre and seemed to link up well with Maddison already. Fingers crossed he can keep it up.

Agree, will help link the midfield, Madison and Ndidi looked much better with him in the side. Interesting to see how he performs against sides who sit deeper. Quality player though.

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

We’ve got no chance of keeping him beyond the summer. He’s on a different level to us unfortunately. 

Seeing as it was his first game at this level, he was outstanding really. 

True,like Col City said he is the type of player we should of signed immediately after winning the League,he won't want to sign for a mid table side as he knows he's better than that.Hopefully we'll get the best out of him till the end of the season as he will be trying to impress the bigger clubs.

36 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

All I hope is that Puel saw enough in the middle of the park today to not have any thoughts about bringing Mendy back against Palace. 

He initially named Mendy and Tielemans in the lineup, but Mendy was injured in the warm-up. So it's not inconceivable that's the lineup he goes with against Palace. Mendy is a better ball player than Ndidi so it might be OK. Tielemans surprised me with how good he was at tackling and dealing with the physicality of the league. He did go down a bit easy once or twice as you would see in the French league, but at the same time, he got stuck into the mixer on a number of occasions too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nathan. said:

Way to good for us im afraid.

Monaco have just put him in the shop window for the big boys. 

SAdly that is the truth. Monaco are not mugs. They know he’s quality just wasted in a team going thru a slump. They will bring him back a rejuvenated player or be able to sell him on for millions to bigger clubs. (Unless the player loves leicester and forces a stay and Leicester’s Area willing to pay the asking price)

lets enjoy him and get back the best out of him while we can.

I don't think Leicester would be a bad step for Tielemans. I'm sure big teams have him on their radar for a while, but like i said in the other topic last week, he's not there yet. Not ready to be a starter in a top 5 team. He's only 21, i think he'd rather play for Leicester than sit on the bench at United or Chelsea. I don't know if he could realistically go back to Monaco, and i also doubt he would want to if he gets his groove back at Leicester. I haven't seen the match, but unless he's made major improvements the last few months (which i doubt, or Monaco wouldn't have sent him away) he'll probably also put out worse performances. He'll probably need to work on consistency.

1 hour ago, Harry - LCFC said:

A willingness and ability to play good forward passes from midfield. Simple but vital for us.

Makes me confident we'll beat Palace and Brighton, where I wouldn't have been before.

This is the point. Clubs are happy to just drop and put one player in front of mendidi because they know there isn’t a danger of them breaking forward and playing an incisive pass. Result is no space or spare men to find. Tielemans is different and that should make a difference at home,

incidentally, I read he covered more ground than any of our players today ......impressive. At least he is committed, whatever his motivation may be ..........

1 hour ago, Always Next Year said:

It’s the last we will see of him for a couple of weeks because Puel  the clown will have him sitting on the bench.

Wouldn't surprise me. Hamza put in some terrific performances and we've rarely seen him since. Tielemans looks the real deal,  hopefully get to see him the rest of the season.