Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

24 minutes ago, MattP said:

I thought he looked good but it's astonishing how fans want to buy someone on 90 minutes yet also go mad when anyone says someone might not be good enough after just 3/4 games.

Maybe some balance needed. 

It's not quite the same.

A player can take time to get up to speed, adapt to the PL etc. and just develop his game.

If another player shows that he is good enough in his first game, he is already there.

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

It's not quite the same.

A player can take time to get up to speed, adapt to the PL etc. and just develop his game.

If another player shows that he is good enough in his first game, he is already there.

Like Silva on his debut against Huddersfield? 

Or Junior Lewis? 

14 minutes ago, murphy said:

It's not quite the same.

Not necessarily...Bori and Zolt looked like Messi and Ronaldo after their first game (well maybe not quite) and look where they ended up!

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

Like Silva on his debut against Huddersfield? 

Or Junior Lewis? 

I know what you're saying but Tielemans did it away at the third best side in the league, Huddersfield are and were shit. We probably have got over excited but it's the best midfield performance we've sign since Kante/Drinkwater left, hard not to be enthused by it.

Midfield looked far more balanced,that helped to bring the best out of Wilf and Maddison.  If he carries on with the same level of performance going forward, then he is highly unlikely to be here next season.

We are a great move for him and Monaco to be honest, he and Monaco know that if her performs and proves himself in the short time he is with us in the Premier league, then he will get a move to a top 6 club in our league at the very least, and Monaco will get big money for him.

Hopefully Puels recruitment team will be looking to find a similar type of player to take his place, while they are looking to bring in a Puel style strker to take the place of Vardy at the same time. 

Always assuming that Puel is staying at the end if the season of course. 

In my opinion, when Maddison is playing as a 10 and always dropping deep it has been detrimental to our attack because it leaves Vardy isolated.

However having a runner and attack minded CM like Tielemans in the team allows Maddison to play the style he wants to play.. Which is dropping deep and dictating play.

I think those 2 will work well together with one of Choudhury/Ndidi behind them doing the dirty work.

• Like 1

Just what we need. Just in time for a new manager merry go round lol

Loved how eager he was to get forward and create. I like Mendy but he is pretty much a nothing player alongside a few others in the squad - he does a good job of making easy tasks look like a hard job. 

Shame as he will never stay with us unless we are seriously lucky. Being booed when he misplaces his first pass in 2 weeks might not persuade him.

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Very astute observations, I feel exactly that way too. Let's look at the goal again as it was great team play:

https://streamja.com/ArPd

Tielemans is very far forwards and shows wonderful control and reading of the game to play the one-two with Ricardo. In fact I felt that throughout the 90 minutes, the team "clicked" so much better than it has done before. Ndidi was free to monster around and win the ball back, Maddison could spend much more time forwards and trying to play the killer ball (which he did on multiple occasions) and Tielemans facilitated play between the full backs (both of who were great) and Maddison. It meant Harvey Barnes had all sorts of space which allowed him to get in on goal multiple times. Maguire could push on and create another option to pass around the opposition too.

Today was probably the first time under Puel I have seen possession count for something. We used to to open up the opposition and create clear cut chances. Let's hope it's the norm and not a one-off!

Agreed mate.

However i’d also like to point out Ndidi in that clip. I know today he was decent and we were trying to win the game but as the ‘destroyer’ he should be a little deeper ready to protect us from a counter attack. Instead he is right next to Spurs box. Unless it’s an aerial ball into the box we know Wilf isn’t going to score or create anything in that position. 

Imo I think Choudhury has much better positional sense and would be more suited to protecting the defence and give  Maddison/Tielemans freedom to create. 

Wilf being free to monster around and win the ball back is a blessing and a curse. If we had lost the ball in that situation it would have been an easy counter for Spurs because Wilf is basically playing as an attacker in that clip. I don’t think Wilf is a DM, as you say he is at his best running around all over the place.

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

You're having a laugh surely 

No, just trying to add some logic and draw on past experience.

I thought he played well. Buy ridiculous how he's now the new messiah.