Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Claude Puel reveals his plan for Leicester City, involving Youri Tielemans and James Maddison

Surely reactions to Puel relate to personality types.  Some people focus on the positive, others on the negative.  Some decide with their emotions, others decide with logic.  It becomes difficult to communicate when we view the world in different ways.

Especially in post-match threads, it comes down to:

How can you POSSIBLY see what we just saw and NOT feel this way ??!!!!

arguing with:

Because it’s irresponsible to decide in the heat of the moment and not consider a and b, and the longer-term x, y and z

Tough gap to bridge, even though both sides have their points.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Requesting names of any poster who 'desperately' wants to keep Claude. On a related note, I think your posts often suffer from a tendency to include at least one gross exaggeration which, speaking for myself, reduces their impact. 

I would say personally any emotion/anger is not to do with the idea of Puel going, but aimed at the James Goddard types whose critique is limited to 'he's shit' but who seem to have no alternatives whatsoever in terms of either his decision making or his replacement.

Gross exaggeration? I don't know what you're talking about mate, I find that very offensive lol

42 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It actually feels quite exciting at the moment considering we've got nothing to play for.  It feels we're not just playing for a mid table place but also our identity and long term future.

The impending run of games against the kind of teams we were struggling against is going to answer so many questions...

Can Puel finds away to unlock "the block" ? 

He definitely has to get some good results against the lower sides now. There is no hiding place left.

56 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It actually feels quite exciting at the moment considering we've got nothing to play for.  It feels we're not just playing for a mid table place but also our identity and long term future.

The impending run of games against the kind of teams we were struggling against is going to answer so many questions...

Yeah, it's an interesting next few months. A chance to right a few wrongs against weaker opposition at home and finally give our fans something to cheer about. Or we continue to struggle and even the most staunch Puel backers will have to concede we are in a spot of bother and maybe a change is required.

Either way it feels like we will get the answers to this divide one way or another, hopefully it's the former.

• Like 1

I'm hopeful we can do it.  I love the club's strategy of promoting young, hungry players. I think it augers well for the future.  I just am not sure that Puel is the right man. But we shall see. Everyone is right: this backend will be the make it break of Puel for me.

On 16/02/2019 at 08:38, Collymore said:

I can honestly say I’m looking forward to seeing Barnes and others progress. 

The current environment surrounding them less so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tanya said:

I'm hopeful we can do it.  I love the club's strategy of promoting young, hungry players. I think it augers well for the future.  I just am not sure that Puel is the right man. But we shall see. Everyone is right: this backend will be the make it break of Puel for me.

He is exactly the right man to deliver the strategy. Why, because it takes an educator to work with young players and deliver results. You have to be able to accept the mistakes while the players learn and improve sufficiently. Think of it as a degree course, our players are about 2 to 3 years into a 4 year course.

Granted he has to get some results also and quickly as we still need to break 40 points. I'd like to see that achieved asap then maybe blood one of two others before the seasons end.

If Puel can deliver that then with a good T/F Summer we should be good for top 7 next season. We're getting so close that the last thing we need is any upheaval.

• Like 2

Schmeichel

Pereira, Evans, Maguire, Chilwell

Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison

RW, Vardy, Barnes  

Imo we’re only a left footed right winger away from having a solid first 11. In the summer this position should be a priority along with signing Tielemans.

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

Schmeichel

RW, Vardy, Barnes  

Imo we’re only a left footed right winger away from having a solid first 11. In the summer this position should be a priority along with signing Tielemans.

i agree were very close to a top 6 challenging 11.. the most frustrating thing is the Centre mid situation in which every man and his dog new we needed a player like Tielemans before the seasons even started and it took this long to get that type of player.

if we blew the summer budget on winger and tielemans (if he carries on impressing) then thats all we need really. Along with a out and out number 9 because vardy wont last forever.

Edited by les-tah

5 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Along with a out and out number 9 because vardy wont last forever

I still have small hope for Inheanacho to come out of his lazy slumber and perform.. he has such a talent for goal. :( hurry the **** up Nacho

Edited by Simoken

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

the most frustrating thing is the Centre mid situation in which every man and his dog new we needed a player like Tielemans before the seasons even started and it took this long to get that type of player.

Surely every man and his dog hoped Silva looking less than impressive was about him having a disturbed start here and that he'd turn out to be that player. I'm sure Puel has gone into it thinking the same and the longer it's gone on he's just come to the conclusion that it wasn't just that and that he just didn't fit.

Sames goes for Iheanacho, not his fault he's been lumbered with a less than impressive expensive striker.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Surely every man and his dog hoped Silva looking less than impressive was about him having a disturbed start here and that he'd turn out to be that player. I'm sure Puel has gone into it thinking the same and the longer it's gone on he's just come to the conclusion that it wasn't just that and that he just didn't fit.

Sames goes for Iheanacho, not his fault he's been lumbered with a less than impressive expensive striker.

Some raised the concern in the summer that long term our central midfield was still our weakest area even though we were piled high with options. On paper it looked like we had enough defensive destroyers and then a box to box in Silva and an all rounder in Iborra but we also knew that bar Ndidi not a single other midfielder didn't have huge questions marks over them. Silva has to be the most disappointing and it was quite a shock that he only made 2 league appearances, something must have changed in Puel's mind in August/September and he quickly realised that he didn't trust him and he would be getting rid as soon as possible. He made the decision and it's hard to argue with it as we only see as fans on match days and little else, but he must have been unimpressive for Puel to completely ignore him when our problems with breaking down teams continued to worsen.

Thankfully, even if Tielemans doesn't come here permanently there is no way we can go in to next season without at least one new central midfielder with a skill set similar to Tielemans (if possible)

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Though I still believe we could of rode,with Iborra,the fact that Silva just didn't live up to any type of expectations,ruined City's season and Puel s plans immensely. That and Nacho also not hitting the straps( not even coming near)  has been the reason I couldn't jump on any manager-out crusade.

To show posters own inconsistencies,and also their own capable reasoning powers.....Puel rekindled Mendys &  Amarteys city careers,and at the beginning,many posters were applauding their selection,then Mendy has a poor run of form,like Vardy and a few before him,

but no!!  everybody decide after weeks of supporting him,they decide he's not fit for purpose....and they call that supporting your team...

Since our title win,this forum as found it too easy to get onto inventing issues,just to prove individual opinions and point scoring....

By hook  or by crook we have this season, settled our CB problem,one become an England International seen our Lb,consolidate his Club and international career, Invest in a needed midfielder in Maddison,and seen him slowly grow,found for this season in Ghezzal a n adequate cover,when Maddison is struggling to complete 90minutes.

Even when forum-experts wanted to ditch him,Pierara has now become a crowd & forum favourite,even though he too has made some

terrible mistakes these last few games....

Tielemans is tha t next piece in the jigsaw.At the moment It might be only temporary,but It shows what we were missing,with Silva not making that cut..

It seems some love playing Packman,with every team/individual mistakes,then abuse it to beat the manager with every damn week!!!

I can't hide the fact,we were in a mess,after taking the decision to sack Ranieri then Shakespeare within 7-8 month of each other,with only youngsters and aging players on our books,to take us into an unreliable future.......so unless we imploded in the following 2-3 seasons,there was only support for any manager.

Especially realising anything from 3-5 transfer windows,plus an hard slog were going to be and endurance affecting our immediate future...I

the 1st T.windows,especially the winter ones,were never going to suddenly  change it...To me Tielemans is that taster,but unless we can persuade him he has a future here,still not the major end piece to our midfield woes!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It was, but if you are stacked out in that area and got relatively recent expensive signings sat around it ties your hands. He's shown that the second he'd got people out the door, that he's brought in a creative player right afterwards.

This. Overall, in fact, the club has made an excellent job with transfers in since we started the rebuild under Puel. They solved as many problems as they could without completely uprooting the squad last summer, and they'll largely finish the job this summer imo.

Edited by Nicolo Barella

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

This. Overall, in fact, the club has made an excellent job with transfers in since we started the rebuild under Puel. They solved as many problems as they could without completely uprooting the squad last summer, and they'll largely finish the job this summer imo.

It's frustrating to see people on here screaming about needing x or y player. I think one thing Puel can't be accused of is not going for what we've needed. We all had been saying for years we needed a ball playing RB and 10 and that the defence was a looming problem. Bad signings under previous managers have opened up other issues we'd all hoped had been solved (Silva and Iheanacho). If they had both worked out, then he'd be laughing.

6 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Schmeichel

RW, Vardy, Barnes  

if we started next season like that i would be super amazed but in reality 

tielemans ---- only here to show off his talent  and will go to a big european club

ricardo ---  his performances this season have been great and prob pots so far so we might strugge to hold him 

chilwell fully expect to citeh to do a mahrez with him 

maguire ------ bid from utd if the fail with koulibay 

madison ----- if erikson goes madrid then spurs will come in for him 

i think the biggest thing will be to hold on to those players first . 

its all well and good with an ethos of nurturing young players into great players but its so sad when they just go to bigger teams and your left wondering what if . 

look at southampton who went through that policy for a few years imagine the team they could have now ? 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

if we started next season like that i would be super amazed but in reality 

tielemans ---- only here to show off his talent  and will go to a big european club

ricardo ---  his performances this season have been great and prob pots so far so we might strugge to hold him 

chilwell fully expect to citeh to do a mahrez with him 

maguire ------ bid from utd if the fail with koulibay 

madison ----- if erikson goes madrid then spurs will come in for him 

i think the biggest thing will be to hold on to those players first . 

its all well and good with an ethos of nurturing young players into great players but its so sad when they just go to bigger teams and your left wondering what if . 

look at southampton who went through that policy for a few years imagine the team they could have now ? 

We may not sign Tielemans, but have you forgotten that before City could "pull a Mahrez" on us, we kept a hold of him for two whole seasons after we won the title? We have little issue holding onto good players when we want to keep them, Kanté aside. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

It was, but if you are stacked out in that area and got relatively recent expensive signings sat around it ties your hands. He's shown that the second he'd got people out the door, that he's brought in a creative player right afterwards.

Absolutely, I can't really grumble too much as it's not as simply as clicking a button to fcuk off the players you don't want and then click another to get in the ones you do want. If he is given the chance after this season, I think he will sort out the midfield and attack. Then the only area that might also need tackling either in the summer or longer term is the wide areas. There is a dilemma with Gray and Ghezzal.

• Like 2

Ironic that top teams will use the quick break tactic as we've seen and I would imagine that if they had Vardy in their side they would use him to their advantage, Rashfords goal against us  reminded me of Mahrez and Vardy with that chip from Pogba ftom a ball kindly given to him by our 'right back'.