Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes04

Vardy loses thousands in dodgy car deal - The Sun

29 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's all relative.  A quarter of the average persons weekly salary is what, £200?  

As annoying as it would be to lose £200, it's hardly a huge amount of cash.

Would you pay £200 to a middleman to secure a car?  No, no you wouldn't.  You'd just walk down to the garage and buy the car yourself.

Wish I earned £800 a week.

Come down out of your ivory tower and mix with reality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

How is this a sob story for me and the 500th time? 

I happen to think it is appalling the level of poverty out there. 

I also definitively know that morons exist too.

I don’t mean specifically your sob story. Sick of people crying out to help the homeless as if we don’t know that they exist. Everyone knows that homeless people exist, we also have our own struggles though.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Benguin said:

I’ve never been rich but I’m sure if I became rich I wouldn’t suddenly stop being pissed off if I was conned or lost money. It’s not going to kill him but it’d be far more snobbish if his response was “oh well never mind, it’s only 30k, I’ll have earns it back by the time I’ve sent an open letter”

Fixed 

5 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's all relative.  A quarter of the average persons weekly salary is what, £200?  

As annoying as it would be to lose £200, it's hardly a huge amount of cash.

Would you pay £200 to a middleman to secure a car?  No, no you wouldn't.  You'd just walk down to the garage and buy the car yourself.

The average UK wage isn’t over £41k, its closer to £27k, and if you took out the outliers I’d be willing to guess your average person earns more like £400/week

These people hang around, are quite persuasive, but really a check at companies house shows the bloke not to have a pot to p in. He would just be a blagger.

The ballers are more prone to being conned than most as there are so many hangers on trying to make a few quid from them.

I have had a company source me a few cars, saved me the hassle and they delivered it and it suited me at the time. But with regards to brand new cars you get better service yourself visiting the dealer.

A bit of sympathy as there are loads of blokes who hang around and you don’t know who to trust and who not to. But really he should have checked companies house at the very least and that would have given the answer. You basically don’t hand over £40k to a bloke who hasn’t got any money.