Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes04

Vardy loses thousands in dodgy car deal - The Sun

ENGLAND ace Jamie Vardy has lost thousands in a dodgy car deal.

The Leicester striker paid a £40,000 deposit for a Lamborghini Urus with a firm that operates as a middleman between dealerships and top stars.

Jamie Vardy has lost thousands in a dodgy car deal

ALAMY LIVE NEWS
Jamie Vardy has lost thousands in a dodgy car deal

Vardy put down a £40,000 deposit for a Lamborghini Urus with a firm that operates as a middleman between dealerships and top stars

LAMBORGHINI
Vardy put down a £40,000 deposit for a Lamborghini Urus with a firm that operates as a middleman between dealerships and top stars

The Kent-based firm was dissolved at Companies House last month (pictured, owner Mark Pryke)

The Kent-based firm was dissolved at Companies House last month (pictured, owner Mark Pryke)

But when Vardy, 32, and wife Becky, 37, chased up delivery of their £169,000, 190mph motor, the car maker said it hadn’t seen a penny from S14 VIP.

The Kent-based firm was dissolved at Companies House last month.

Owner Mark Pryke has returned £10,000.

A source said: “The Vardys are fuming. Jamie might earn a good wage but these sums are big to anyone.”

When Vardy and wife Becky enquired about the delivery of their car, Lamborghini said it hadn’t received any money

GETTY IMAGES - GETTY
When Vardy and wife Becky enquired about the delivery of their car, Lamborghini said it hadn’t received any money

Vardy has only had £10,000 of his £40,000 deposit returned to him

GETTY IMAGES - GETTY
Vardy has only had £10,000 of his £40,000 deposit returned to him

The couple have called in lawyers and cops, accusing Mark of fraudulently using their money.

He told The Sun: “I’ve got a cash flow problem for now.

“I couldn’t provide the car so they’re getting the money back. I’m not running or hiding.”
  • Haha 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Why on earth do so many footballers seem to use dodgy middlemen (who usually look like estate agents) to buy their cars.

Probably think they're saving thousands and avoiding some tax payments they need to keep a few quid back to pay for all their tattoos.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why on earth do so many footballers seem to use dodgy middlemen (who usually look like estate agents) to buy their cars.

Laziness, or what they think will maintain anonymity but is just a waste of dough most of the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Likely it's more a bespoke model and that they would spruce it up a little more for him. 

Footballers nowadays, seen on Football Focus some kid was raking money in because he had the ability to get some High end label exclusive clothes and pretty much supplies to majority of Prem footballers.

23 minutes ago, Collymore said:

£40k to him would be the equivalent of your average earner losing £200. A lot of money, I certainly couldn't afford to lose £200!

But it's not is it?

The first part of any wage is used to cover life's needs - food, shelter, clothing etc...

Vardy is on monopoly money where "needs" account for such a small percentage of his career earnings. I'd be pretty sure that he's blown more than that on a lot of useless stuff and stuff that he's never used. He can easily afford to get the car if he still wants it.