Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester city 1-4 Crystal palace post-Match thread

I don’t see what another manager could don with the squad. We dominated Spurs and Palace but lost to both by a large margin.

We played well today, we just don’t have the players with the ability to break down teams that sit back and play on the counter.

another manager isn’t going to make Okazaki or Nacho man into decent offensive subs, and we can’t go back to playing defensively with Vardy on the break, he’ll retire in a year.

What is another manager going to Disney differently with the squad?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adster said:

Was it Puel that missed all our 27 shots on target? Was it Puel that gave away a silly penalty? Was it Puel who deflected the effort past Kasper? Was it Puels fault that Maguire is trying to take on players in their half at 3-1 down?

I understand that points are a concern. But the players let him down massively today again.

The common theme for many of his defenders seems to be that the players are letting him down. Have you ever thought that he doesn’t inspire them to play for him?

Look at Man Utd Jose couldnt get the team to play for him for whatever reason but OGS has come in and the difference is night and day. A team needs a manager who they can get behind and play for otherwise they’ll be aimless.

• Like 1

I've been firmly on the Puel in side of the debate - albeit with some caveats - as I've bought into his long term project and we seem to have improved the squad massively under his tenure. Performances recently have been promising if ultimately missing the mark. I think Puel - tactically - got it mostly spot on today and we were in control in the first half, whilst the ref seriously played into their hands.

However, there's clearly some sort of disconnect at the club which is stopping us from performing at a high level for a full  90, stopping us from being clinical, and putting our PL future at risk. I'm starting to think that the rumours about discontent with the training intensity are having a much greater effect than I initially thought, and the blame for that lies squarely on Puels shoulders. We had two weeks off ffs, but somehow had 2 injury doubts for key players and failed to keep the intensity for the whole match, which we used to be renowned for.

It pains me to say it, but I've changed my stance and I think Puels time here is up.

Bring back Appleton until the summer then Rodgers to take over permanently.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

I don’t see what another manager could don with the squad. We dominated Spurs and Palace but lost to both by a large margin.

We played well today, we just don’t have the players with the ability to break down teams that sit back and play on the counter.

another manager isn’t going to make Okazaki or Nacho man into decent offensive subs, and we can’t go back to playing defensively with Vardy on the break, he’ll retire in a year.

What is another manager going to Disney differently with the squad?

You could have said similar about Jose at Utd

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

Puel’s tenure will be defined by what we do after he’s gone, it seems. 

This isn’t a Pearson situation where he’s had to build the foundations from nothing.

If the next manager does well, it won’t be because of Puel.

• Like 3

Disappointing result certainly hasn’t done CP any favours can see the club panicking very soon, can see a lot of what CP wants to do with the squad but his substitutions at time seem a bit transparent and that can only be blamed on what lack of quality players being bought in on transfers or counting far to much on young shoulders dreadful formations team choices or is it that CP just hasn’t got the players behind him or what ?

But I certainly can’t see the club allow us to keep dropping points and losing games something needs sorting at the club and And I’m sure the Puell our brigade will be in fine voice over the coming hours !!

Watched the last 25 mins and Palace were like men against boys. they simply toyed with us; we were powderpuff offering no threat  yet we were so vulnerable chasing the game. 

Still think we need 6 points and I’m not sure where they will come from. 

Brighton will be licking their lips for Tuesday. 

6 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Oh please, give me a break.

None of Puel supporters thought he was the messiah. They just tried to to appreciate the work he was doing off the pitch and his vision on the long term, which coincidentally is the club's, still is the way to go and were willing to give him time, which most of the "Hurr durr, boring football, Puel out" failed to see. This crushing defeat will hurt him badly and is probably the final nail in his coffin but no one can deny his contribution, unless they're completely blind or utterly biased. 

But as I said, you now have a field day, rant as much as you want.

oh i will :)

I can’t see a way back for Claude after that. Even with a young side we are hugely underachieving. Even with a change there still begs the question of breaking teams down, which has been our Achilles heel for years. You can’t go losing 4-1 at home with the scrutiny he’s under. I worry the players have developed a mental block for home games. I also think they are getting away with things massively as well. As to who comes in, anyone’s guess. I won’t boo, I won’t chant for him to go but if people want to put me in a camp, then it would be more out than in

14 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I dont think anyone was deluded. There were fans who hated Puel from day 1 and nothing he did would have changed that and on the other side of the coin you had the fans who showed patience and wanted to, lets say 'progress' the game from hoof ball. Both sides had valid points and there have been many discussions in many MANY topics debating this point. 

Whichever fence you parked your bum on was not delusional though, just a difference of opinion.

I have majorly gone with giving him time - albeit i can see his faults, however as i posted earlier in this thread. We cannot continue as we are and something has to change. The change will be Puel! 

if people could not see how useless he was then they absolutely were and possibly still are deluded

8 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

My opinion... Pearson’s sides were never well beaten, always close and never looked as flakey as we do with Puel. They were a strong group who’d gained promotion together and never dropped their heads. 

Basically I’m seeing the complete opposite which is down to poor management, he clearly doesn’t have the players on side yet Pearson always did. 

That is the difference I think. 

Sorry watched every game of the promotion season and could not agree more. How many times did this place explode with people I complain about his tactics and substitutions. Sorry but how quickly we forget.. I also remember many saying that if we went down he should not be sacked because of the season before. Don't think I have heard anyone give that to either Ranieri or Puel. Few we're letting Shakey get away without criticism.