Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester city 1-4 Crystal palace post-Match thread

5 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

This idiot's had all season to sort this shit out. I think it's about time the defenders conceded that Puel needs to be held accountable. He alone  decided that we didn't need another striker in January, so don't tell me about the 27 chances we missed tonight. How many chances have we missed prior to this? The guy was about the only person in Leicester that didn't realize that we desperately needed another out and out striker asap. He hasn't got a clue. My opinion of him has never changed but has now been compounded 

In his defence I don’t think there were any funds to bring a ready made PL striker in

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

How many of our players HAVE looked anything like they are capable of?

Spot the common denominator

Well most have been their level - there's a lot of young players who have the potential to be top players - Chilwell has already broken into the England side and a Gray, Maddison and Barnes could easily do so before the next world cup if they develop as you'd hope; but young players tend to be inconsistent. Let's be clear, Puel obviously isn't coaching Vardy to miss chances, he's not coaching him to limit his game and not get chances, Vardys just well short of what we know he can do, and has been all season - responsibility for his poor finishing has to lay on his shoulders

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ive watched coalville and leicester today, both teams must have had probably 50 shots between them against teams that defended all game and had about 10 attacks.

They have lost 2 0 and 4 1. It happens.

If it was a one-off there'd be a lot more patience, but it clearly isn't. The defence of Puel can't consist of 'sometimes you just go on runs of six matches without a win, five of which you lose, after going out of the cup to a fourth tier side' or 'sometimes managers just don't take a side forward in 16 months, they lose the dressing room, lose the fans, and end up in our worst form for years with pretty much every side figuring out how to nullify us'. If that's what the argument in his favour boils down to now, the logical response is 'yes, those things do happen, and the natural consequence is for the manager to be fired.'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The Puel believers think they are a cut above us other fans, some sort of superior thinking mans supporter, I see 5 home wins in 26, a humbling defeat to Palace and no idea where the next point is coming from, it’s terrible and nothing promising on the horizon. 

Dont want to sound like a tw4t but i'm not quite sure how you have come to that conclusion? 

Our home form this season has been atrocious, regardless of whether you like Puel or not. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Dont want to sound like a tw4t but i'm not quite sure how you have come to that conclusion? 

Our home form this season has been atrocious, regardless of whether you like Puel or not. 

Yes who’s been the manager? It’s a simple enough question 

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

Ironically we need a result, any type of result, we also need some experience in the dressing room, trouble us Puel doesn't do experienced players, he also doesn't do the old fashioned smash and grab football, prefers to us to play like Barcelona, but without the goals, for me if he plays 4-4-2 next week with n'didi and tielemans in the middle, Barnes and gray out wide with vardy and okazaki then he can stay, otherwise if he sticks to his same old stubborn set up he's got to go.

... what a thoroughly depressing result; again! It’s taken a while but that’s the line crossed well and truly and CP carries the can.  Dismal football that’s not only pulling the club down but it’s also dividing and splintering the fan base!  

Im going to go and sulk, another shit week ahead with recriminations of ‘your team was shit again’ ... brilliant!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The Puel believers think they are a cut above us other fans, some sort of superior thinking mans supporter, I see 5 home wins in 26, a humbling defeat to Palace and no idea where the next point is coming from, it’s terrible and nothing promising on the horizon. 

Great sweeping statement there :appl:

Puel is like a school kid trying to fit square peg in round hole by making the hole square. It's pretty evident he lacks the tools and skill set to make it all work. As others have said, summer can't come soon enough. Our players, old ones as well as the new, are consistently regressing (bar one or two exceptions like Chillwell). His tactical stubbornness is inexcusable.