Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester city 1-4 Crystal palace post-Match thread

Just now, filbertway said:

Short of walking on the pitch and scoring some of the 27 chances we had today though, what can the manager do?

Play football that suits the current squad instead of trying to play a style of football for a squad he doesn’t have right now. 

He makes so many mistakes. Our main threat is to work the ball wide and cross the ball into an empty box.

He can stop chopping and changing a team (which is what he’s been doing since he started with us). 

He sets us up, we’ve not been clinical all season, we have Jamie Vardy up front who up until this season has been clinical. He’s blunted an attacking and promising side. 

Quite frankly he can stop underachieving with a good squad.

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Play football that suits the current squad instead of trying to play a style of football for a squad he doesn’t have right now. 

Wondering what style currently suits the current squad when 3/4 teams in the league set up to stop us countering. 

4 minutes ago, Adster said:

Was it Puel that missed all our 27 shots on target? Was it Puel that gave away a silly penalty? Was it Puel who deflected the effort past Kasper? Was it Puels fault that Maguire is trying to take on players in their half at 3-1 down?

I understand that points are a concern. But the players let him down massively today again.

This idiot's had all season to sort this shit out. I think it's about time the defenders conceded that Puel needs to be held accountable. He alone  decided that we didn't need another striker in January, so don't tell me about the 27 chances we missed tonight. How many chances have we missed prior to this? The guy was about the only person in Leicester that didn't realize that we desperately needed another out and out striker asap. He hasn't got a clue. My opinion of him has never changed but has now been compounded 

• Like 1

Teams know to sit back/deep against us. They know we can't break them down and we'll over commit players to the attack and leaves holes at the back. Week in, week out we're doing it. It's gifting them goals. It makes opposition managers look like tactical geniuses but the truth is it's our own limitations. 

I don't know what's going on. I reckon we have a decent group of players but they either don't get the system, don't believe in it or the system's simply not up to it.  

I'm so damned frustrated seeing this situation repeat itself each week. Something has to change.

Prior to the 'great escape' when we were getting beat week in, week out, we were playing well and with belief. I didn't lose heart then. It was frustrating, yes, but I wasn't throwing the towel in. Now it's different; getting predictably dicked due to the same failings has worn thin.

33 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Rubbish. Vardy would be fine in a different team with a different manager.

Stop spouting utter nonsense

Would he? He's missing big chance after big chance after big chance. It's not that he's not getting the service, the quality of chances he's getting is on a par with the title winning season, but his finishing is nowhere near. People don't want it to be the case, and want to blame  everyone and everything else, but he hasn't looked right all season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Would he? He's missing big chance after big chance after big chance. It's not that he's not getting the service, the quality of chances he's getting is on a par with the title winning season, but his finishing is nowhere near. People don't want it to be the case, and want to blame  everyone and everything else, but he hasn't looked right all season.

How many of our players HAVE looked anything like they are capable of?

Spot the common denominator

• Like 3

In the end I appreciate everything he tried to do, and I think the level of animosity he gets is totally overblown and you can see examples of that in this thread but it just probably will never work, and so I think we need to move on. I only hope the next manager can start brightly and rejuvenate some of our underperforming players.

• Like 2