Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In / Out Poll (Mk2)

Puel In or Out?  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Puel in or out?

• In
    • Out

43 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I think long term his plan is good, and something that needs to stay even if it's under a new manager, and he's been horrifically unlucky and let down by senior players, and I loathe to give loud, entitled children (you know who you are) what they're baying for, but it's probably best for him as well as us to leave

I agree he is doing good things, but it’s his tactics, subs etc that baffles me.

Teams come to frustrate and sit back, he has never learned, still tries the same tactic, trying to either walk the ball in the net, shoot from range, or cross to nobody.

Wait..... He's still in charge? How can that be when our favourite ITK's assured us he was gone after Spurs? Surely they can't be talking guff?

I was always one for "I appreciate any info" and didn't read too much into it but when folk start encouraging others to place bets.... it goes too far. Hide behind the "things fall through" and " I'm only passing on what I heard" all you want but you're full of sh!t and you know it. 

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Wait..... He's still in charge? How can that be when our favourite ITK's assured us he was gone after Spurs? Surely they can't be talking guff?

I was always one for "I appreciate any info" and didn't read too much into it but when folk start encouraging others to place bets.... it goes too far. Hide behind the "things fall through" and " I'm only passing on what I heard" all you want but you're full of sh!t and you know it. 

They have been wrong so many times it’s clear they know less than us lol 

CP is doing nowhere enough good things. The midfield is useless under his rule. No goals, and No creativity for the striker. He didn't buy a forward, he didn't recognise the weaknesses in the options to Vardy, he doesn't have a clue how to solve his home problems after 2andahalf years of rubbish relegation home form in his two Prem League jobs. He is useless.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

I think long term his plan is good, and something that needs to stay even if it's under a new manager, and he's been horrifically unlucky and let down by senior players, and I loathe to give loud, entitled children (you know who you are) what they're baying for, but it's probably best for him as well as us to leave

I am saddened to read that anyone who has a different opinion to you is an "entitled child". Even you must admit with each passing week that it is difficult to argue his case, sometimes it's good football.. alot of the times it's not.. but what is consistent is the lack of results. How much time do you think we can afford before it becomes a serious conversation about his ability to coach at this level and not be accused of being some "self entitled child"? 

4 minutes ago, StevieB said:

How many John Percy "he's gone" "going" "time running out" articles have we had since he took over? 

Here you go..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/08/claude-puels-methods-create-strained-atmosphere-within-leicester/

April 2018 - Player unrest, job not at risk

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/26/claude-puel-fighting-save-job-leicester-city-club-plans-big/

April 2018 - Player unrest, fighting to save job

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/04/claude-puel-given-dreaded-vote-confidence-leicester-owners/

May 2018 - 3 games to save job (Results: LWL)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/21/claude-puel-reaches-first-anniversary-leicester-does-always/

Oct 2018 - Had to win against Huddersfield in Sept, did so, therefore job saved for now

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/21/claude-puel-clinging-job-jamie-vardy-voices-frustration-leicester/

Dec 2018 - 3 games to save job (Results: WWL)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/20/over-trained-underwhelmed-leicester-players-fans-lost-faith/

Jan 2019 - Player unrest, job under serious scrutiny

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/23/leicester-vs-crystal-palace-premier-league-live-score-latest/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Feb 2019 - Time running out

• Thanks 1

I have to admit, the team today looked positive apart from Ghezzal, I get the Ghezzal moans however when he came on against Utd he did look good and nearly scored with that free kick. Clearly though Vardy is not going to work in Puels ticker tacker style set up, and none of the other players look like they'll score or have it in them to feed vardy to feet so maybe Puel should have looked to a different striker in January or looked at a different approach.

I've wanted him gone for quite some time now and haven't changed my views but after the performance tonight I'm feeling more bewildered than angry. Unfortunately it seems our defence are completely exposed without at least 2 of Ndidi, Mendy & Choudhury. I'd love to see Ricardo pushed up to right wing instead of either Gray or Ghezzal but not if that means playing Simpson. Vardy might as well not be on the field in this system but without him we have no decent striking options at all. We have some great young skilful players but Puel has failed to find way to turn possession into goals and winning performances and for this reason he needs to go. He's had more than long enough.

11 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I have to admit, the team today looked positive apart from Ghezzal, I get the Ghezzal moans however when he came on against Utd he did look good and nearly scored with that free kick. Clearly though Vardy is not going to work in Puels ticker tacker style set up, and none of the other players look like they'll score or have it in them to feed vardy to feet so maybe Puel should have looked to a different striker in January or looked at a different approach.

Positive?! What the hell did you see that was positive in that game?! 

1 minute ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Positive?! What the hell did you see that was positive in that game?! 

Our set our set up looked more attacking with Tielemans and Maddison looking to drive the ball forward with more creativity, Maguire and Evans at the back, a decent pair of centre halves, perreira and Fuchs are both excellent, and Barnes has been really exciting getting better every game, the reality though was lack lustre.

21 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I am saddened to read that anyone who has a different opinion to you is an "entitled child". Even you must admit with each passing week that it is difficult to argue his case, sometimes it's good football.. alot of the times it's not.. but what is consistent is the lack of results. How much time do you think we can afford before it becomes a serious conversation about his ability to coach at this level and not be accused of being some "self entitled child"? 

The entitled children are the people who have done nothing but bitch and moan about him since he arrived. The ones who resort to petty name calling like Fraude and the clown, the ones who think we deserve everything and deserve it yesterday because of the title win. The sort who stand there in silence, only breaking it to chant "you don't know what you're doing" at every sub and boo every poor touch. You can think Puel isn't the right man for the job without doing all of the above, and if you are then you're not an entitled child. But, if you think that is targeting you, have some self awareness and sort your behaviour out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1