Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In / Out Poll (Mk2)

Puel In or Out?  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Puel in or out?

• In
    • Out

I'm going to sleep on it because I'm still too damned angry to make a level headed decision - but I am seriously wavering. I wanted to give him time to show us what he can do, and I do like some of the football we play so I had some cause for optimism, but we're just seeing the same mistakes repeated and I'm losing patience.

Right. I'll come out and say I still voted in (for now).

Main reason being that the upcoming summer transfer window will be the most important window for the next few years, as many of the old timers contracts are expiring, freeing up funds to get the players that will shape our future.

Puel's transfer windows have been proven to be excellent so far, certainly by far the best of any of our last few managers.

If we got rid now and got in an interim/non-top choice manager to the end of the season, we risk ballsing up this upcoming window very badly (like the summer 2016 window), which could have long lasting negative effects.

e.g. an interim / new manager might be keen to offer Morgan and Simpson contract extensions to curry favour with the senior players with the power in the dressing room (like Shakey with Ulloa etc) whereas we know Puel would quite like to get rid of them. The new manager may also just be shite at recruitment, or may not be able to spend enough time with the existing players to judge where the gaps are.

I have always disliked Puel's style of football, haven't bothered watching games in months, and I'm still annoyed at him not taking the cups seriously.

But as long as we still have a cushion of some type to the bottom 3, I am willing to take that risk of keeping him, in order to try getting to the summer window intact.

We can sack him if we get sucked in to the relegation battle within the next few games, or sack him early next season if it's still not working out.

I just don't think the decision needs to be made right now.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

We did play well, we dominated, just somehow managed to cock it up. We can't break anyone down and when we do we lack the ability to score. 

I can see what he's trying to do, trying to develop young players and bring an attacking, passing style. But, it's not working, we get sparks of brilliance but we lack that touch of clinical ability. 

Have supported the guy and been "in" for the entire thing. But, I do think it may be best for a fresh start in the summer. The crowd have turned against him and we just aren't clinical enough.

Got to go, tactics since he got here have never worked. We haven't got the players as others have said. A few major points : constantly bombing down the wings putting crosses into nobody, Vardy doesn't do headers and neither does Maddison. The games we won we were fast direct counter attacking and I said it at the time that it wasn't Puels tactics. Shoehorn Gray into a CF position WHY WHY. Prime example taking Tiellmans off putting Iheanacho on the wing and putting Gray upfront WTF. The insistence to put Mendy ahead of Hamza? Many might not agree but what the hell as Hamza done wrong? The last game I saw him in he was motm and the game before that. Vardy isn't rubbish he just isn't getting the same fast service through the middle. No need to go on. I didn't want Puels football when he was appointed. He can't communicate properly. I'm an ex soldier and firmly believe a leader is someone you get on with, respect and understand. Puel should of gone along time ago. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Walkers said:

He finished 8th (I think at Soton). He took us from about 18th in his first season here to 9th. He currently has us sat in mid table mediocrity. Yes it's only going one way at the minute, yes I don't want him here any longer. But is there a manager in PL history to have worse results than the person who has "achieved" the above? Don't be daft, he's nowhere near the worst

I think we were 14th when he took over, actually, and had just won a couple of games. We were 18th when Shaky left, after a fairly intimidating run of fixtures kicked the stuffing out of us at the start of the season. That said, I agree that some balance is needed. If someone else can take this side forward, we may well reflect that Puel was a disappointing but important manager.

Unfortunately, I don't think he could complain if he were fired. It adds up: The Newport game. The six matches and one point that followed. The 1-4 home drubbing. The rumbles of discontent in the dressing room and on the terraces. The fact that we don't yet have enough points to stay up and if our next six games are as bad as our last six, we'll be in a serious scrap for survival. The fact that we can no longer point towards the league position as evidence that, over 16 months, he's improved us.

As for whether he's been unlucky - as some posters have mentioned - I'm not so sure. Form collapsed late on in his time at Southampton, and with a largely different line-up at Leicester last season. I honestly think this Wenger-esque pretty build-up game is easily sussed in the modern English game. And he's made some very odd decisions. People may choose to blame players but that's largely based on conjecture, and effort levels have been mostly good (though some heads dropped with about 20 minutes remaining today). He's a bright guy, and a respected continental coach, but in England he's as tactically one-dimensional as some of the old-fashioned kick-and-run merchants. And, of course, Leicester fans should know not to confuse possession with effectiveness.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

You obviously don't read all my posts then.  This was very tongue in cheek.  There was a feeling among many at the club that the football at Spurs was our best all season.... sadly, the result that followed today has undone all of that

Nope it comes across as you going with that as soon as you saw MightyFin had already - another one of the cloaked individuals who claims a mate of a mate peeps in their ear occasionally - now dropping bookie odds in their next post after dropping a hot off the press ITK snippet. Dodge-pot

And frankly I don't really care. I just posted what you had said before and you've now spouted a cover of 'I was only joking mate', again slipping in that you know things internally - so tell us something we don't know that we will soon to prove it - anything, so you dont come across as an attention seeking diva, or worse

Your insight is greatly appreciated if you're genuine but you're coming across as dodgy pal

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I think long term his plan is good, and something that needs to stay even if it's under a new manager, and he's been horrifically unlucky and let down by senior players, and I loathe to give loud, entitled children (you know who you are) what they're baying for, but it's probably best for him as well as us to leave

You really are a bit of a berk.

• Like 1

Diplomatic incident with France if he's still in charge for Tuesday's match. Biggest pile of shit ever. For the results alone against Crystal Palace, he deserves the boot.

Anyone sticking up for him now, well you best get back on your tablets you weirdos. 

Edited by Kinowe Soorie
  • Like 1