Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In / Out Poll (Mk2)

Puel In or Out?  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Puel in or out?

• In
    • Out

Tuesday will probably be D-Day for Puel. There’s a strong chance the club are reluctant to act until after Vichai’s funeral and were hoping not to have to but the moment relegation becomes a real possibility they will have no choice.

Don't underestimate the affect Vichai’s death is still having on the club. My guess is that if we get a result on Tues Puel stays for now despite all the criticism.

Why dont managers resign anymore. I remember when we were gubbed by Everton 7-1, and Matt Gillies resigned after the game.

Guess they are waiting for a big pay off.

If I cant do my job correctly and get sacked, I dont get a large pay off, so why should an under performing manager?

Do the club a favour Puel, and resign.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

Tuesday will probably be D-Day for Puel. There’s a strong chance the club are reluctant to act until after Vichai’s funeral and were hoping not to have to but the moment relegation becomes a real possibility they will have no choice.

Don't underestimate the affect Vichai’s death is still having on the club. My guess is that if we get a result on Tues Puel stays for now despite all the criticism.

Top sacked Nigel Pearson at Leuven, as I understand the mourning period for Vichai has ended.

Not voted in one of these since like the first one, but I voted "out" today. He's frankly lost it. That's tipped me over the edge. Before now I would have said keep him until the end of the season, but we're so close to really looking over our shoulders, I don't even know if we lose much by sacking him now, provided anyone we bring it has a similar philosophy.

Edited by Beechey

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

We just sacked Pearson from Leuven. No chance we let him touch the team, he'll probably put Vardy as a winger again.

3 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Would you prefer allerdyce? 

And there was me thinking I'd already seen the dumbest post of the day.

3 hours ago, brucey said:

Right. I'll come out and say I still voted in (for now).

Main reason being that the upcoming summer transfer window will be the most important window for the next few years, as many of the old timers contracts are expiring, freeing up funds to get the players that will shape our future.

Puel's transfer windows have been proven to be excellent so far, certainly by far the best of any of our last few managers.

If we got rid now and got in an interim/non-top choice manager to the end of the season, we risk ballsing up this upcoming window very badly (like the summer 2016 window), which could have long lasting negative effects.

e.g. an interim / new manager might be keen to offer Morgan and Simpson contract extensions to curry favour with the senior players with the power in the dressing room (like Shakey with Ulloa etc) whereas we know Puel would quite like to get rid of them. The new manager may also just be shite at recruitment, or may not be able to spend enough time with the existing players to judge where the gaps are.

I have always disliked Puel's style of football, haven't bothered watching games in months, and I'm still annoyed at him not taking the cups seriously.

But as long as we still have a cushion of some type to the bottom 3, I am willing to take that risk of keeping him, in order to try getting to the summer window intact.

We can sack him if we get sucked in to the relegation battle within the next few games, or sack him early next season if it's still not working out.

I just don't think the decision needs to be made right now.

Logic2.0

• Haha 4

I can see what Puel and the club are trying to do(Training ground,Younger Team etc) But in the Premier League and us Fans(especially at home) don't have the time for it.......i was there today and to be honest i wouldn't come back unless i wa a ST holder.So sadly out!

Edited by PAULCFC

Did Kasper or Vardy ever come out and deny the recent controversies (I.e. swear gate and Peter’s comments)? If not, it gives the impression that two senior players do not want to distant themselves from controversies associated with their manager - which is strange. 

I personally thing Puel struggles to adapt. I appreciate he wants to change the style but the fundamental basics of management is getting the best out of your squad. He hasn’t done that. I think we both need a fresh start.