Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

RH: "Ultimately you need someone to set high standards for you. I don't suppose there will be too many disappointed players in the changing room today after they heard the news."

Appreciate the quotes, it's very interesting to hear RH's view of this.

23 minutes ago, Strokes said:

He is teeing up a big Nige return here.

I'm sentimental about the original ostrich tamer, but it's not funny! Would rather have Apples as the interim again.

Guys, having a new manager doesn't have to mean the moment he comes in, he will ship out all our young players and we'll start playing the 2015/16 old foxes again instead... Puel wasn't the only manager in the world who could nurture youth. Let's just wait and see what happens, who we appoint. And give Top some trust. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Guys, having a new manager doesn't have to mean the moment he comes in, he will ship out all our young players and we'll start playing the 2015/16 old foxes again instead... Puel wasn't the only manager in the world who could nurture youth. Let's just wait and see what happens, who we appoint. And give Top some trust. 

None of you guys trusted Top when he wasn’t sacking Puel.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

None of you guys trusted Top when he wasn’t sacking Puel.

Bollocks mate I always trusted him and Vichai, and so did/are many, if not most, our supporters. You can trust your boss and at the same think he may be wrong about something, it's not mutually exclusive. Amirite or amirite

Just now, Chester Dontlie said:

Bollocks mate I always trusted him and Vichai, and so did/are many, if not most, our supporters. You can trust your boss and at the same think he may be wrong about something, it's not mutually exclusive. Amirite or amirite

You are not right.

Just now, Strokes said:

How do you display your trust, by boos or jeers? lol

By acknowledging Top's decisions, whatever they are? I came to terms with Puels appointment. Wanted him gone since December but, TRUSTING Top, hoped he would make the decision to boot CP after the season is over... He surprised me by doing it so soon. But, again, I *trust* that he made the right decision. Hope that clarifies the puel-outers logic and the whole trust conundrum to you!  

We're beating up the dead horse here, really. Puel's gone, it's a bit sudden, yeah, but we have to adjust. Ultimately, even though the players gave their best trying to adjust to his 'plan' it didn't work, the results this year were abysmal, and when you lose 6 out of your 7 last games, this is exactly what happens. Good riddance, I say. If a bad streak like this happened a month earlier, we could be in a relegation battle.

6 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

By acknowledging Top's decisions, whatever they are? I came to terms with Puels appointment. Wanted him gone since December but, TRUSTING Top, hoped he would make the decision to boot CP after the season is over... He surprised me by doing it so soon. But, again, I *trust* that he made the right decision. Hope that clarifies the puel-outers logic and the whole trust conundrum to you!  

We're beating up the dead horse here, really. Puel's gone, it's a bit sudden, yeah, but we have to adjust. Ultimately, even though the players gave their best trying to adjust to his 'plan' it didn't work, the results this year were abysmal, and when you lose 6 out of your 7 last games, this is exactly what happens. Good riddance, I say. If a bad streak like this happened a month earlier, we could be in a relegation battle.

You’ve won me over, I now fully trust top to make a decision you will eventually disagree with.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Quite easy to see why the neutrals decided our players were all a bit snakey and sly when you see Huth talking like that hours after he’s been sacked. Doesnt give off a great impression 

Totally agree. Don't like that talk at all.

Add to that the utterings of Kasper's daddy last weekend, and Jamie's Mrs tweets,  it seems we either need a real no nonsense manager like Dyche, or get rid of the so called snakes. 

The Huth quotes are very telling.

This sacking to me doesn't seem like the players downed tools on the manager. Even last night, after the equaliser there were first bumps from the players and a roar from the crowd. But as we all know, Puel never seemed to inspire either the fans or the players. The perennial in / out debate summed it all up really.

Luckily we aren't really in a terrible position. We shouldn't be in relegation trouble (famous last words!) so it's about consolidating, finding the right person and going again.

I do hope the board learn the lessons from this appointment. Puel had a good plan, but surely even in the interview his charisma could not have blown them away. I hope we don't go completely the other direction (we all remember Holloway!) but when you look back at some of those Ranieri interviews from the title winning year, you forget how awesome it is to have a manager that also has personality.

I'm expecting to see Appleton as interim manager with Rogers in the summer.

• Like 2

At least I can return to the KP with some hope the last 18 months have been so painful!

He was the wrong choice and those saying be careful what you wish for - it was nearly as bad as the Taylor days imo. He had to go and now we can move on - we have every right to expect progress and I am not sure we have progressed as despite some youthful injection we have a few areas that need fixing before next season otherwise we could be in a relegation battle. We have spent some huge money on players over the past 3 years but we have not managed to go and get the right manager - we need someone with energy, authority, can relate to the players, motivate the experienced ones, have more than one plan and use the strengths we have in the squad whilst also speaking English would help!

Hopefully Top, SW and JR really think this one through and if necessary break the bank to convince a top manager to join - Mancini, Martinez, Blanc, Wenger ...

6 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Add to that the utterings of Kasper's daddy last weekend, and Jamie's Mrs tweets,  it seems we either need a real no nonsense manager like Dyche, or get rid of the so called snakes. 

Not really. - we need someone who can manage people. It’s part of the job - a big part 

6 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Regarding "snakes" I think that's a topic with a lot of nuance to it. Leicester have traditionally been a Championship club, we've spent more years outside the top flight than in it. The year before we won the title we were bottom for months. Perhaps we have personalities that "have too much say" but those personalities were also the reason we won the title. Look at Spurs, great players but always bottle it. I'd argue that if we are going to achieve success again, we will need another strong dressing room as some of our best periods (MON era, Pearson era) seem to have strong personalities that are leaders on and off the pitch.

We have great young players, but none of them (yet) have leadership qualities, which I hope they will develop over time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Huth quotes are very telling.

This sacking to me doesn't seem like the players downed tools on the manager. Even last night, after the equaliser there were first bumps from the players and a roar from the crowd. But as we all know, Puel never seemed to inspire either the fans or the players. The perennial in / out debate summed it all up really.

Luckily we aren't really in a terrible position. We shouldn't be in relegation trouble (famous last words!) so it's about consolidating, finding the right person and going again.

I do hope the board learn the lessons from this appointment. Puel had a good plan, but surely even in the interview his charisma could not have blown them away. I hope we don't go completely the other direction (we all remember Holloway!) but when you look back at some of those Ranieri interviews from the title winning year, you forget how awesome it is to have a manager that also has personality.

I'm expecting to see Appleton as interim manager with Rogers in the summer.

Think this is quite likely and I'd be happy with that. Always thought Appleton was hard done by and Rodgers in the summer is my no.1 choice. 

• Like 1