Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

13 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

While on the subject of Brighton, I wouldn't mind Chris Hughton taking over here. 

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He'd be a great shout. Knows the league well, lots of experience, works well with young players and senior players. Yes I'd like him here.

No thanks 

one up against ten men and they went overly defensive .......... not the approach I’m looking for 

4 minutes ago, Cultersheeo said:

Leicester aren't in any sort of trouble, have had a once in a lifetime tragedy and are very much a squad in transition. It's all well and good sacking managers if results don't go as planned, but I think you will struggle to replace Puel with someone who has the same grasp of the bigger picture as he had. 

But if you look at his all time record it’s pretty average with no real success to his name. Based on this I am not sure what bigger picture you think he is seeing.

Also while being sacked is not a pleasant experience I am sure his severance package would see most of us through our lifetime very comfortably 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cultersheeo said:

Leicester aren't in any sort of trouble, have had a once in a lifetime tragedy and are very much a squad in transition. It's all well and good sacking managers if results don't go as planned, but I think you will struggle to replace Puel with someone who has the same grasp of the bigger picture as he had. 

Hope you're wearing a tin hat

13 minutes ago, Cultersheeo said:

Is that you Glenn ??

18 minutes ago, Cultersheeo said:

Large majority of you guys are delusional.

Stevie Wonder could see that Puel was really building something with Leicester. Bringing through exciting young players whilst slowly replacing the aging ones. It takes time to build a team, and it can be hard to have consistency with kids,  but given everything that has happened this season it is farcical to expect you to be in a better position than you are currently.

Also, Rafa? You can't be serious. There is not a chance he will go to Leicester. 

I really want to like Leicester, but the insanely entitled views of you guys makes it difficult.

From a fans perspective, my view is that our current team and potential summer targets represents the most exciting team we've assembled since MON did.

Yes, more so than Big Nige and his Prem winning squad, just like everybody else in the world we had no idea or expectation of that squad, it just happened.

Now though is really different.

Chilwell, Maguire, Ricardo, Maddison, Barnes, Ndidi, Tielmans (sort of) and Gray i.e a majority % of the teams spine are in demand for top 6 clubs, we've never had that before.

So the potential and expectations are high. 

We see Wolves and Watford above us, with arguably weaker squads, and it doesn't make us happy. 

2 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

From a fans perspective, my view is that our current team and potential summer targets represents the most exciting team we've assembled since MON did.

Yes, more so than Big Nige and his Prem winning squad, just like everybody else in the world we had no idea or expectation of that squad, it just happened.

Now though is really different.

Chilwell, Maguire, Ricardo, Maddison, Barnes, Ndidi, Tielmans (sort of) and Gray i.e a majority % of the teams spine are in demand for top 6 clubs, we've never had that before.

So the potential and expectations are high. 

We see Wolves and Watford above us, with arguably weaker squads, and it doesn't make us happy. 

Disagree, the squad is no where near as good as you think it is. All of our players are average.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cultersheeo said:

Large majority of you guys are delusional.

Stevie Wonder could see that Puel was really building something with Leicester. Bringing through exciting young players whilst slowly replacing the aging ones. It takes time to build a team, and it can be hard to have consistency with kids,  but given everything that has happened this season it is farcical to expect you to be in a better position than you are currently.

Also, Rafa? You can't be serious. There is not a chance he will go to Leicester. 

I really want to like Leicester, but the insanely entitled views of you guys makes it difficult.

Nonsense. 

1 minute ago, z-layrex said:

Disagree, the squad is no where near as good as you think it is. All of our players are average.

"All"...hilarious.

If anybody associated with the club agreed with you, we'd be happy with where we are and Puel would never have been sacked.

Can you seriously not name one player who is above average?

While I was always Puel In and never lost faith in him, I knew his time was ending very soon. He had obviously lost the fans and the older players of the dressing room, but we have to thank him for the amount of youth players he brough through and great signings he made: Chilwell, Barnes, Choudhoury, Gray; Ricardo Pereira, Ward, Maddison, Evans.

Mendy was giving a chance and was playing well for a time. Benkovic is playing really well at Celtic. Soyunco is still very young and will improve. I still feel Ghezzal will come good over time.

We should also thank him for clearing out a lot of deadwood players in the squad and for bringing in a few youth players.

What's not acceptable though is the fact that when the fans are unsatisfied, they boo the players every single time. Plus, raiding their social media with harsh comments isn't good for their confidence either. Just check Iheanacho and Ghezzal's comment section.

Good luck to Puel wherever he goes and hope he has a more patient fanbase at his next club along with better form.

Watch the snakes win the next 6 matches. Vardy will bang jn at least 6 goals the next 6 matches and Schmeichel will have 6 clean sheets.

• Like 3

**** me what news to wake up to! Just as I was resigned to watch puelball till the end of the season at least. I won't be missing him much, that's for sure. The only think I'm worried about is with the sacking mid-season sometimes the appointment of manager's successors seem to be a tad rash. I hope it will not be the case with us and Top and his advisors have been having someone in mind for a while now. 

Always look on the bright side people... Onwards and upwards!  :scarf:

6 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

no what did he say?

Former Leicester City defender Robert Huth says Claude Puel wasn't easy to work with: "We had managers before who were really energetic, positive vibes... when he came in it was pretty much the opposite. It was almost like he was working against the players."

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I’ve just heard the end of it now, but he’s saying the training wasn’t intense enough, and that it was just a lot of standing around! He started hating going to training 

We do need to bring back our ability to out run teams. We've lost that lately, we can run but seem to die out by 70/80 mins.

Just now, Babylon said:

Former Leicester City defender Robert Huth says Claude Puel wasn't easy to work with: "We had managers before who were really energetic, positive vibes... when he came in it was pretty much the opposite. It was almost like he was working against the players."

Kind of hope that we don't have a week or so of all the stories behind the scenes burying Claude in shit. The appointment did and didn't work, the man's lost his job. Let's draw a line under it and get out heads down and have a positive end to the season.