Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

Didn’t think it would happen so quickly thought he’d be given the Brighton game but we now have to move on CP has left now hopefully the club will deliver us a replacement who can keep us going in the right direction and keep us there !!

Do we go for a big name someone who will be able to bring in quality Players, really think well get an interim manager til end of the season then bring in Rodgers or can we prise him away from Celtic now but the bookies choices so far seem to be either Rodgers or Benitez !

Just waking up to the news in Canada so I haven't had time to read through the thread. Yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back. His position had become untenable. It was just a question of when. With us needing just a couple of wins to be safe, a monkey could keep us up. That gives the club time to find a replacement to take charge in the summer. In the end, Puel really only has himself to blame. His own inflexibility cost him. Had the results of the Cardiff and Southampton games been reversed and had he fielded a proper team against Newport, he would have at least bought himself some more time. He just didn't have the smarts or was too stubborn to realize that in a results based business you have to earn the right to continue implementing your 'style' revolution as you go.

It’s a shame it’s come to this but I feel it was inevitable. Would have liked to wait until the summer but the recent form can’t continue. I wanted it to work but doesn’t look like it would. Thanks Claude for tying but there’s something missing. Just a few more home wins and he’d have got more time.

Still a huge summer coming. Need to get the next choice right

19 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I would beg to differ on that!

Even some of the younger players privately moaned about him.

People of course will believe what they want to believe.

‘They privately moaned about him?’

- not very private then

Edited by mikey54
  • Like 2

Always sad when a Leicester manager gets sacked. Hoped he would get it right but correct decision has been made. I just hope whoever we appoint gets a fair crack. Of the names mentioned, I think Rodgers is our best bet. Benitez doesn’t fill me with optimism at all but if he gets the job, he will get my full support. The minimum any manager should expect I reckon. 

37 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

You honestly can't say that they didn't play for him. There was obviously some bad blood between Puel and Vardy, maybe Kasper too but I think that most of the team believed in what he was trying to do. Making stupid mistakes, switching off at the worst moment yes but deliberately downing the tools, no.

I still can't work out how we lost yesterday with that score at that. We couldn't ask for a better XI (there isn't) but it still wasn't ebough. Too naive, not clinical enough and Palace had an easy job after they scored their first. Credit to them, they played very well and knew how to control us. 

It was ironically only his second game with the team he wished for and there was more than enough promises based on what I saw. If he had at the beginning of the season the outcome might have been different. But the timing was wrong, he had to win yesterday, no matter what, and even then it would only have had delayed the inevitable. You can't allow yourself to not win at for two months without facing some serious consequences. 

His successor will reap what he sowed. 

I do believe certain senior players had stopped playing for him.

take yesterday, Kasper was abysmal for 3 of the goals. And he's been like that for a while now.

Maguire, Holding up his hands for offside instead of getting into position to defend.

Evens giving away a needless penalty. All senior players in the squad.

Puel did make mistakes, the cups were a bit mistake.

But the Club are not blameless either. offering unwarranted contracts to players with no future here was one. The failure to move players on also. Failing to add a Physical presence to the squad and the team. Failure to sign real quality  in certain area's. These where just some of the issues which made Puels job and options very limited.

Until the Club address these shortcomings we'll continue to struggle to break into the top 7.

Edited by Clever Fox

3 minutes ago, Cultersheeo said:

Large majority of you guys are delusional.

Stevie Wonder could see that Puel was really building something with Leicester. Bringing through exciting young players whilst slowly replacing the aging ones. It takes time to build a team, and it can be hard to have consistency with kids,  but given everything that has happened this season it is farcical to expect you to be in a better position than you are currently.

Also, Rafa? You can't be serious. There is not a chance he will go to Leicester. 

I really want to like Leicester, but the insanely entitled views of you guys makes it difficult.

None of the results since the new year have been good enough - it doesnt matter what you’re building long term you must be able to manage short and middle terms too. Something which Puel has failed to do since new year and to be frank if we didnt get those 3 wins over that period he’d have been gone long before as the performances and results were not good enough.

Not that as an outside fan you’ll get it because you’ll look at statistics such as possession and shots and average age etc which dont tell the full story.

16 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Didn’t think it would happen so quickly thought he’d be given the Brighton game but we now have to move on CP has left now hopefully the club will deliver us a replacement who can keep us going in the right direction and keep us there !!

Do we go for a big name someone who will be able to bring in quality Players, really think well get an interim manager til end of the season then bring in Rodgers or can we prise him away from Celtic now but the bookies choices so far seem to be either Rodgers or Benitez !

While on the subject of Brighton, I wouldn't mind Chris Hughton taking over here. 

• Like 1

Hallelujah is all I can say.... The most boring man, boring football is gone at last 

Puel should never get another appointment in English football, I genuinely would feel sorry for the fans of thst club if he did 

Chief mourner at an undertakers is where clods future is 

• Like 1

Leicester aren't in any sort of trouble, have had a once in a lifetime tragedy and are very much a squad in transition. It's all well and good sacking managers if results don't go as planned, but I think you will struggle to replace Puel with someone who has the same grasp of the bigger picture as he had. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Positives he played youth. Negatives where to begin.. for better or worse we have never been boring until Puel.. there have been times yes but not a prolonged patch like it was. He had to go

Thats not true, we have had plenty of boring play under different managers over the years. 

It is a results game, and Puel had to go for the same reason as Ranieri, but still sad to see. 

Communication was always Puel's flaw, with the crowd as well as the players. His understanding of the game, player development, and quality signings were major plus points, and ones that we are likely to miss. 

Big Nige as caretaker please, then lets see.