Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

RH: "If things don't go well you need someone to point it out and be brutally honest. It's been creeping in, they've been a bit slow. When that happens you need someone to grab you by the scruff of the neck. Quite frankly I don't think he was the guy to do that"

31 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

"All"...hilarious.

If anybody associated with the club agreed with you, we'd be happy with where we are and Puel would never have been sacked.

Can you seriously not name one player who is above average?

Can you? They are all, down to a man, average premier league players. Some of them not even that.

It's fine. It's what we are now.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

RH: "If things don't go well you need someone to point it out and be brutally honest. It's been creeping in, they've been a bit slow. When that happens you need someone to grab you by the scruff of the neck. Quite frankly I don't think he was the guy to do that"

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

RH: "Ultimately you need someone to set high standards for you. I don't suppose there will be too many disappointed players in the changing room today after they heard the news."

He is teeing up a big Nige return here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Can you? They are all, down to a man, average premier league players. Some of them not even that.

It's fine. It's what we are now.

Schmeichel is above average, Matty James is average.

I'm not going through the whole squad to plus and minus. 

Perhaps wait and see if you think any players raise their game to above average over the next few games.

No doubt Percy and Whitwell are now writing up detailed articles with everyone’s grievances.. be interesting to read when it comes out.

The presence or absence of a new manager bounce will also be quite telling.... I’m not expecting anywhere as much of a bounce as last time

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Same. Whilst something clearly wasn't clicking, he's built a good young squad that with the right guidance could be excellent in 2-3 seasons time.

My greatest fear is we'll bring someone in who will tear that apart.

Yeah, we need the club to adopt his policy towards squad building if they haven't already, and bring in someone who'll follow on in the same vein in terms of transfer strategy. Otherwise we genuinely will become another Stoke/West Brom/Swansea/Sunderland. 

Also, whoever is appointed must be told that under no circumstances will the contracts of those out this summer be renewed. Don't undo 2 years of winding them down and keep the nucleus of player power in the dressing room

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cultersheeo said:

Large majority of you guys are delusional.

Stevie Wonder could see that Puel was really building something with Leicester. Bringing through exciting young players whilst slowly replacing the aging ones. It takes time to build a team, and it can be hard to have consistency with kids,  but given everything that has happened this season it is farcical to expect you to be in a better position than you are currently.

Also, Rafa? You can't be serious. There is not a chance he will go to Leicester. 

I really want to like Leicester, but the insanely entitled views of you guys makes it difficult.

Top-drawer wummery! Hats off.

Leicester aren't in any sort of trouble, have had a once in a lifetime tragedy and are very much a squad in transition. It's all well and good sacking managers if results don't go as planned, but I think you will struggle to replace Puel with someone who has the same grasp of the bigger picture as he had. 

In my opinion 3 likely outcomes, had Puel not been sacked...

we will get get sucked into a relegation battle this season.

we will carry that negativity and form into next season, meaning we will be relegation candidates.

our players discipline will get worse owing to fatigue and making rash tackles, or stupid frustrations will come to the fore.

our better players will want out, at a time we are trying to build.

100% the right decision had been made.

Shit decision. If you’ve have a manager who’s willing to persue a policy of bringing through youth players which means you are building a team for 2-3 years down the line, you don’t get rid just because of a bad run and some discontent fans. Short sighted. You expect to have a couple of bad seasons and as long as you stay in the prem, which we will, then there’s not a problem. So what next, reset and start a new policy of getting rid of the youth or continue as we are, but managerless

• Like 1

Large majority of you guys are delusional.

Stevie Wonder could see that Puel was really building something with Leicester. Bringing through exciting young players whilst slowly replacing the aging ones. It takes time to build a team, and it can be hard to have consistency with kids,  but given everything that has happened this season it is farcical to expect you to be in a better position than you are currently.

Also, Rafa? You can't be serious. There is not a chance he will go to Leicester. 

I really want to like Leicester, but the insanely entitled views of you guys makes it difficult.

Well, me duck, this "guy" thinks you should continue your journey to a brighter future where you find a team (any team ? any sport ?) with fans that really appreciate you trying so hard to like them and whose views on the team match yours. By the bye - were you at the game yesterday ?

Leicester aren't in any sort of trouble, have had a once in a lifetime tragedy and are very much a squad in transition. It's all well and good sacking managers if results don't go as planned, but I think you will struggle to replace Puel with someone who has the same grasp of the bigger picture as he had. 

Aren’t in any sort of trouble , are you sure about that ? We haven’t won a game of any sort this year I’d call that trouble 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Shit decision. If you’ve have a manager who’s willing to persue a policy of bringing through youth players which means you are building a team for 2-3 years down the line, you don’t get rid just because of a bad run and some discontent fans. Short sighted. You expect to have a couple of bad seasons and as long as you stay in the prem, which we will, then there’s not a problem. So what next, reset and start a new policy of getting rid of the youth or continue as we are, but managerless

Its the right decision in the end. I do think we will keep the policy of bringing the youth through. Puel did that well, he was just not the man to get the best out of them.  

Right decision given the circumstances. Puel’s philosophy about taking the club forwards was the right one, but we just don’t have the squad to get there quick enough. Whether it was him or the board we didn’t get the right players in and he was far to stubborn to divert from his plan which cost us againts teams we should have beaten.

i don’t think the players helped, rumour or not the players seem to fall out with all our managers. We seem to be in a cycle of sacking managers regularly and that has to change.

Massive summer ahead, we need to have the manager in early to overhaul the side, and build something.