Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Lennon and Allardyce.

Dearie me.

:facepalm:

SSN has reported that Allardyce "would be interested" in the job. They've also reported that Neil Lennon is interested in the job. Ditto Moyes. So they're basically ringing up out-of-work managers and saying, "would you be interested in the Leicester job?" and unsurprisingly most of those out-of-work managers are answering in the affirmative.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

He might know the players but he's never done anything to suggest he's worth giving 9-10 games in charge of a Premier League club. Plus we binned him off for another coach, and now that we've sacked the manager we're going to go back to him, cap in hand, and ask him to come in short term till the end of the season? Just don't see it happening to be honest.

If we're going to have an interim appointment till the end of the season I'd rather have an experienced manager who doesn't know the players, than an inexperienced manager who does.

You'd be surprised how much Appleton was doing last season at times until Claude closed him down. 

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

sacking puel off and ending up with allardyce is like sacking off the EU to go through with brexit.

a total waste of time with no long-term benefit whatsoever.

astounded that anyone would be in favour of it, tbqh. 

We need to win some football matches in the immediate future pal.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

The only interim I would entertain is someone who won't use their experience to try and worm the gig for longer like Allardyce, Moyes etc. Appleton ticks all the boxes as it will enhance his reputation and he knows the current players.

Wonder if we're still paying him, maybe we can just call him back from "gardening leave" and get him to work for the same money. lol

• Haha 2

Rodgers obviously top of the list if we can wait with a caretaker in charge until end of season. Lennon perhaps, then he and Rogers can swap places in May? 

Surprised Edie Howe not on that list. 

Outside bets Why not 

Chris Wilder /Lee Johnson instead of the same old same old usual suspects on the list ? 

10 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

sacking puel off and ending up with allardyce is like sacking off the EU to go through with brexit.

a total waste of time with no long-term benefit whatsoever.

astounded that anyone would be in favour of it, tbqh. 

Exactly this, might as well save the money invested in an interim manager and use it to buy someone out of their club if that's what we suspect may need to happen.

There are already (SeanfromEnderby) murmurs that Celtic wouldn't stand in Rodgers way, as long as we paid the release fee and he was happy to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I'd imagine it's because they've been as bad as we have been.

True, they've had a poor run of results too, (beat us easily earlier in season) but still above us in the table presently and given a 50/50 choice Puel v Howe which would most go for?  

Anyhow still surprised he's not on the list at all. I'd have said 12/1 shot 

Just now, woddyuk said:

True, they've had a poor run of results too, (beat us easily earlier in season) but still above us in the table presently and given a 50/50 choice Puel v Howe which would most go for?  

Anyhow still surprised he's not on the list at all. I'd have said 12/1 shot 

Maybe some managers are put off by the fact that it is somewhat of a Poisoned Chalice since the league win